Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Frustrated....

lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
in General 256 karma

Hi everyone,

I have lately been feeling really defeated and frustrated with this exam and the whole journey to law school. This is my second time applying to law school (Candian law schools). I wrote the LSAT last January and got a really low score. I started studying again mid July. I have started to hit 155 untimed. My aim is 160- 165. Even a 160 would do at this point. I have realized that you need to be patient with this exam. I have been wrong to expect immediate results. That has been my biggest mistakes. This time I am taking as much time as I need to study the concepts, and learn them well. I am also focusing on my weaknesses. I feel that will really help with increasing my score. My LG score ranges 18-22, but I struggle with timings. I am scoring 13-17 on the LR. In that area I keep getting the same type of questions wrong (which is good because then I just can practice on my weaknesses).

My question is,
Am I being realistic with thinking that I can go from 155 untimed to 160-165 timed by January. I do not want to make the same mistake and assume that I will be ready by a certain time. The reason why January is an option because majority of the schools I applied to accept that as the last score. Only 2-3 schools accept the February score, which is also an option). But that would be super late in the cycle, but would get me a good score.

Any advice would be appreciated. Really losing hope at this point :(

Thanks.

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

The key is to keep an open mind. If you aren't ready for the January test, the upside is that you can keep studying and improving. You aren't being unrealistic thinking that score jump is possible, but you need to be prepared to keep moving forward if it doesn't happen. Don't lost hope. Delaying isn't the end of the road, it's actually an opportunity to continue improving. Putting too much pressure on yourself for one test that is 2 months away is only going to negatively impact your results.

• lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
    256 karma

@drbrown2 Thank you for your post. I agree with you that I shouldn't put too much pressure on myself, it will only back fire.

• @lsatgirl-1 You should not feel bad. My diagnostic test was in the toilette. My toilette score was 131. It took me a long time to get in the low 170s on my PTs where I am now. It took me a 1 1/2 year. You should look at this as a learning opportunity. You should not pressure yourself. When you are in the testing center, the only person that you are racing against is you. Read carefully and slowly. If take you a few seconds relieve the pressure, take those few moments.

If you don't understand the passage or a game or LR question, skip it for now and come back to it later. Just be realistic what you can accomplish. I know what you are feeling. I am getting ready for the November 2019 LSAT and feel the pressure. I am not worry neither.

I know that this going to sound cliche. If you are a person of faith, then pray about it or if you prefer to mediate, do that then as well. No pressure, will alleviate that feeling of being anxious and nervous. The only thing that you can is drill the lessons and practice exams from JY and 7sage has gracious put out there for you. Also, don't stress out about it. You really don't have anything to worry about. Stay calm that is the key.

• 2567ZRdt2567ZRdt Alum Member
    82 karma

Thanks for Atticus' post!
    And, as one of our students have commented: Take it as any class exam that you have to strive for an A and work for it. You will succeed.

• lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
    256 karma

@"meihwa.chow" @"Atticus Kingsfield" Thanks guys :smile: I was definitely feeling low from the past few days. But back in the game now :). Will take as much time as needed. No need to rush.

• 2567ZRdt2567ZRdt Alum Member
    82 karma

I revisited this blog and would like to encourage everyone with my niece's story. When (2017 or 2018) she prepared for the exam, she scored in the 150s. She then took the first exam in 2017 or 2018. She opted to cancel that exam for she wasn't comfortable about how she answered a reading passage, if I remember correctly. She retook it in Nov, 2018, probably. She scored 164. Now she is a L2 student. Of course, you would have to be good all throughout your academic years.