Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The week before the test

What do I do?

What do I study?

I was contemplating doing a couple of PTs.

Or should I do one full one, BR it, and then do drills? Make my own PT with the hardest questions i can find?

I am almost out of fresh PTs (have like 5 or 6 left)

I am scoring early 160s, I am seriously hoping for 160+ this week

I have been studying full time since I joined, and really want this to be the last time I write

What do you think?

Good luck to everyone writing!

Any tips would be nice :)

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Take the week to recharge and if you take a PT, only take one! Spend some time doing drills and focusing on good timing. Blind review thoroughly. Do a couple of games each day as a warmup. You will probably perform better if you are sharp but rested, so lighten up on the prep and focus more on rest and wellness.

• maxbbarb7maxbbarb7 Alum Member
    182 karma

I think it is different for a lot of people and you just have to do what is best for you. A lot of People say to rest, but I did that in July and it screwed me over because my skills were kind of cold going into the test. I took September and I was taking a practice test like every other day and it kept my skills staying hot... ended up helping me a ton. Might sound dumb, but thats what works for me. I would definitely recommend doing games through out the week. Also do some warm up problems on test day. I am also taking the test next week for the final time because I was given the free retake from July. I am taking a practice test Thursday and Saturday this week. Just do what you feel is best for you, but it is definitely important that you do not burn yourself out and stay well rested.

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

Thanks for the suggestions!

Yeah I definitely won’t take the week off, even if I wanted to I couldn’t

I think I’ll take one new PT and maybe one of the ones I already took but a while back

And the hardest questions I can find

I like to have things fresh in my mind too, but in October I was so exhausted and tired I just flipped out during the first section of the test and rushed through, so I probably bombed it or something :/

• jsolomon759jsolomon759 Member
    51 karma

I'm also in board for next weeks test. My strategy has been, so far, to take a test every day. I have only taken 5 PTs so far, so I'm trying to cram as many as possible before the actual test. I am finding it difficult to do a pt every day and work on my weaknesses, so today I am dedicating my time towards improving my weaknesses. Everyone is different, but my advice would be trust yourself , trust the 7sage analytics, and work your hardest. Best of luck !!!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

I'd say rest plus review.

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Review and drills are less intensive than a full PT schedule and will keep you sharp. If you don’t study at all you might get anxious. I just suggest easing up a bit.