Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pens or Pencils for Digital LSAT?

I know we can bring regular pencils to the exam (it's printed on the admission ticket) but can we also bring pens? Or is LSAC providing pens?

For the stylus/pen they are providing - is it a decent pen? As in, will we want to use it over the pencils so we don't have to go back and forth?

Also, just to confirm - we still can't bring mechanical pencils right??

Comments

• Hey! I heard the pen/stylus is pretty bad as a pen lol. Sad reality that 200 bucks for a bad pen. I have the same question regarding whether it's ok to bring own pen, but I know as a fact that we cannot bring mechanical pencils!

Good luckkkkk

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@ksuper1991 I don't see why one would need to use a pen for the LSAT. But, the pen works like a regular ball point blue pen. Its nothing extraordinary but it gets the job done.

• nat2tulanat2tula Alum Member
    75 karma

Yeah it's a ball point blue pen and actually worked fine for me. Stylus is on the end if the pen

• zenclimberzenclimber Member
    14 karma

Is it possible to markup the stimulus (like circling words and what they are referring to)?

• lsatgirl-1lsatgirl-1 Alum Member
    256 karma

Can we make diagrams for the Logic Games using a ball point pen ? Or still required to use pencils.

• Harvey DentHarvey Dent Alum Member
    81 karma

@ksuper1991 bringing your own pen is prohibited by LSAC. The LSAC pen is trash. If you are used to using a good pencil, the pen may frustrate you some.
    The best pencil you can get IMO are palomino blackwing pencils. Pricey but glides like butter.

@zenclimber the only thing the digital exam will let you do is highlight or underline.

@lsatgirl-1 you can write with whichever LSAC approved writing utensil you choose in the scratch paper