Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Advise, One week before the test

PrincessConsuelaPrincessConsuela Alum Member
edited November 2019 in November 2019 LSAT 47 karma

Hey everyone,

So I am taking the test in one week for the first time. I am happy with my LG and LR scores but I cannot seem to imrpove on RC. I thought by now, my score would have improved but it hasnt. It is very inconsistent. Any advise on how to improve or if it is even possible to improve in a week?

Comments

• get that 173get that 173 Alum Member
    122 karma

following, in exact same situation.

I did find doing less highlights help me focus on the larger structure and not get too distracted with details. But my RC is still no where near perfect, varies from -4 to -10 so I'm curious to hear what other high scorers do to get -3 or less for RC.

• ksuper1991ksuper1991 Member
    80 karma

What helped me the most in getting more questions right on hard passages is focusing on the 1) low-resolution summaries 2) structure of the passage/relationships between paragraphs (thanks JY!)

Also, in my experience, putting more time into reading the passage up front as opposed to skimming the passage pays off in the end. The more time you spend up front on the passage, the quicker you will be able to answer the Qs!

Remember, when you are going through the answer choices do not spend time disconfirming each answer choice. Pick the AC or ACs (max 2) that you are seriously considering and confirm just those ones in the passage. Pick and move on!

Another one of my personal timing strategies (although I don't know if it will work for others) is to leave the comparison passage to do last. This is because if I am running out of time I can hope to get at least the questions right that only concern passage A.

I hope these tips help. They have helped me. Good luck!!

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    656 karma

My personal plan of attack has been doing double sections (creating a timed problem set of 2 sets of passages in the digital tester) to work on pacing and see how long things are taking me, analyzing those results to see how I can better manage time, questions, more efficiently read passages, etc.