Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How high can I increase my score in one week? 147 to 155/160?

AlexLsat21AlexLsat21 Free Trial Member

I’ve been to nearly every lsat tutor and training program there was, and I just haven’t given this test the effort it needs in order to improve. I’m hoping by taking a test a day and doing my best to practice all that I can, whilst being in my senior year at NYU can help!

If you have any tips, advice, or ANY comments at all please let me know below!

How should I study?
Too ambitious?

How should I study?
  1. One week study method?42 votes
    1. Practice test a day
      28.57%
    2. Drills drills drills
      52.38%
    3. Focus on one section (LR) for the entire week
      19.05%

Comments

• itsemmarobynitsemmarobyn Member
    272 karma

If you're really set on taking it next week, I recommend that you focus on whichever section you're consistently weak in. For me, that's LG (mine is inconsistent) so this week I'm drilling all of the really hard LG games. Do timed sections. Review the core curriculum. Do whatever you need to do to work the problem.

That being said, I don't know if it's possible to increase that much in a week. Of course, everybody is different, but personally I think the chances are low, so I'd recommend considering taking it in January instead.

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

I scored 149 on my first test in July

I have been working at this 50 hours+ a week since I joined 7Sage

I have only broken through the 160s this month

Even now, I am hovering above 160

You cannot cram the LSAT in. I get it, you’re in an Ivy League school, but I was also at one of the top universities in canada, which is renowned worldwide, in a very competitive and difficult program.

The LSAT is a skill, and you cannot cram in the LSAT. I have crammed in 300 pages of notes in a couple of nights, but I cannot cram in the LSAT. Maybe you are a faster learner than I am, but i highly doubt you will be able to get our score up in 1 week. Maybe a month, at most. I still suggest you write, its a good experience, and you paid for it anyways.

I suggest taking a full timed test and fully reviewing your errors. I suggest PT 50 or 70 or 72 (I learned the most from these tests). Make your own experimental section with LR questions, but grade it as if it were part of the test. Use harder questions.

• PrincessConsuelaPrincessConsuela Alum Member
    edited November 2019 47 karma

I'm not sure how much you can improve in one week because LSAT tests your skills, which takes time to develop. One suggestion I have is make sure you dont burn yourself out by taking a test everyday. LSAT is a marathon and you dont wanna be exhausted on test day. With that being said, I'm taking the LSAT next week and I've been using the problem sets to focus on the types of questions I tend to get wrong.

• Climb_to_170Climb_to_170 Alum Member
    426 karma

I mostly agree with what @itsemmarobyn said. Logic Games will be the most bang for your buck improvement that you can see in the short term. You should spend about 8 hours a day fool-proofing every logic game you have access to. If you are acing a specific type (Dbl layer grouping, single sequence, etc.) then focus more time on the types you are struggling with. If you are currently around a 147 (average raw of -50) and you are missing 10 or more questions on logic games, getting that down to below a -5 would put you in the 150-153 range.

I don't think it's realistic to see that big of a jump in a week unless you just get extremely lucky on test day. Other than focusing on LG, you should be taking timed sections to make sure you have your test taking strategy down. Timing is a very important aspect of the LSAT. One can see increases in their current score by simply finding a timing strategy and sticking to it and not panicking.

• 242 karma

forget everything else. just do a bunch of games nonstop until the test.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

I don't think improvement can be rushed, or at least not in general. You may want to postpone the test, as more test dates are being offered these days.