Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

159 --> 171, thanks 7Sage!

redridinghoodredridinghood Alum Member

It's been a few months, and I've been reflecting on how great 7Sage was as a prep for my second LSAT. I took my first one after working full time for a summer, and was definitely underprepared. I dedicated two months to working on 7Sage and doing many(!) practice tests last summer, and it paid off. I jumped 22 percentile points with the basic version of 7Sage. I thought JY's approach was fantastic and helped significantly more than the other course I did. Explaining the reasoning and linguistic reasons for why answers are what they are, rather than simply identifying patterns, makes all the difference. Thank you JY and 7Sage!

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Congrats! :)

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Great work!

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Congrats!!!!

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

Congrats!!!! What are some specific tips you can pass along? Great job again ^^ to reiterate did you make your 11 point jump in 2 months?

• cccccccccqicccccccccqi Core Member
    47 karma

Wow! Congrats!

• MambaMentality93MambaMentality93 Live Member
    503 karma

You should record an AMA with JY!!! Congrats, mate!

• redridinghoodredridinghood Alum Member
    17 karma

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the messages :smile: @Markmark I wrote in Sep 2018 and July 2019, but I was in school for the year and did no work on the LSAT between September and May. Reviewing the questions you get wrong on practice tests multiple times before looking for the explanation really helps. I also cut out questions I had trouble with (primarily logic games) and carried them around to look at when I had spare time. I didn't do timed sections, only full timed tests, and I was doing 2-3 a week in the month before the test. I found having a schedule helped. I would take a test on the first day, take the rest of the day off, review and identify what I got wrong the next day, and do in-depth review and search for explanations of things I still couldn't get the third day, as well as continue with the basic 7Sage curriculum. I also wrote my practice tests at the same time of day as the real test and wrote a few in cafes to try to deal with noise (those were rough). Hope this helps!

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

@redridinghood said:
    Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the messages :smile: @Markmark I wrote in Sep 2018 and July 2019, but I was in school for the year and did no work on the LSAT between September and May. Reviewing the questions you get wrong on practice tests multiple times before looking for the explanation really helps. I also cut out questions I had trouble with (primarily logic games) and carried them around to look at when I had spare time. I didn't do timed sections, only full timed tests, and I was doing 2-3 a week in the month before the test. I found having a schedule helped. I would take a test on the first day, take the rest of the day off, review and identify what I got wrong the next day, and do in-depth review and search for explanations of things I still couldn't get the third day, as well as continue with the basic 7Sage curriculum. I also wrote my practice tests at the same time of day as the real test and wrote a few in cafes to try to deal with noise (those were rough). Hope this helps!

Thank you!!! Very helpful

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

Good work!! :smiley:

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@redridinghood Congratulations on your great score!

• Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma

Way to go.