Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official November 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• franklinfranklin Core Member
    10 karma

was the country soups lg same as the one that had the monarch one ??
    had to lg

• carolinagirl009carolinagirl009 Free Trial Member
    16 karma

@pawsicle said:
    For those that had the following format: LG, LR, RC, RC, LR
    Was the first or the second RC the experimental?

The real RC was the one with passages about water treaties, film, peptides and making smaller microchips, and languages.

• Tvclsat96Tvclsat96 Alum Member
    60 karma

Hi all!does anyone who had only two LR sections recall a question about three islands one having a population one not and there being a bridge connecting the inhabitated/uninhabited islands?

I had three LR and my first LR had this question wondering if that was experimental!

• ConquerLSATboiConquerLSATboi Alum Member
    81 karma

@denis045 said:
    @ConquerLSATboi honestly it was all a blur. my second LR had an armoured (turtle?) question. My third one had one about med students and dosages I believe

@denis045 did you have LR (26) - LG -LR (25) - LR (26) - RC?

• denis045denis045 Alum Member
    38 karma

@ConquerLSATboi it was in that order but I do not remember the number of LR questions. Sorry about that. Was so thrown off by my first LR

• mwgramignamwgramigna Member
    15 karma

I had LR LG LR LR RC

first LR: cabins, medicine dosage plus beverage, pool
    LG: soup, countries
    LR: stickleback fish, individual vs. species numbers
    LR: still photo, empirical research
    RC: water treaties

Anyone know which LR was experimental?

• vixcanvixcan Core Member
    10 karma

@firefistcaes said:
    Had 2 RC's, the first one had something about computer chips and unicef agreement for water, while the second was on antibiotics and linguistics being a science. Which was real??

Unicef water agreement was real, had only 1rc

• zxcv1111zxcv1111 Alum Member
    17 karma

I had two LG. The order is LG, LR, RC, LG, LR. I don’t really remember the first LG, but the second LG is super difficult. The second has a game about Shanghai and a game about children’s games. Please tell me the second LG is the experimental section. One LR has 26 questions and the second has 25 questions. There is a question about milk. RC has one on water and on science on chips.

• jinnie871jinnie871 Free Trial Member
    189 karma

@zxcv1111 said:
    I had two LG. The order is LG, LR, RC, LG, LR. I don’t really remember the first LG, but the second LG is super difficult. The second has a game about Shanghai and a game about children’s games. Please tell me the second LG is the experimental section. One LR has 26 questions and the second has 25 questions. There is a question about milk. RC has one on water and on science on chips.

I had the same order. I was told that the second lg is exp.

• kylechinhowkylechinhow Alum Member
    42 karma

@mwgramigna said:
    I had LR LG LR LR RC

We’re all praying the first section was experimental

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

Mine was:
    LR, LG, LR, LR, RC

Third LR went the best imo, so knowing me and my luck it’s the fake

LG was nice n easy as expected after the lawsuit

RC was very difficult and I had no idea what the comparatives were about. At least the science one had questions that were manageable even tho the subject matter was confusing. The whole time I was like “contain your confusion” aha

First LR was also very difficult

The real LG: visiting countries, soup, computer something

The real RC: language (I think lol) petri-something computer something and I just cannot remember the first two at all. Yikes.

• MaeeeeeeMaeeeeee Alum Member
    35 karma

LG- soup, computer, countries
    LR- Rodent
    RC- water
    RC- antibiotic
    LR- still photo

I found second lr difficult

Countryvisit was tricky

Having to do two rc was dreading but not too difficult

I just need more time than 35 mins lol

189 karma

@kylechinhow said:

@mwgramigna said:
    I had LR LG LR LR RC

We’re all praying the first section was experimental

I only had 2 LR sec and I did not have the first LR in your post.

• MJGspiceMJGspice Alum Member
    147 karma

I thought the real RC (early non-fiction films) was brutal, the experimental was much easier.

• SheenVaderSheenVader Core Member
    66 karma

@meirielyamaral said:

@Femme_Fatale786 said:
    My test today was cancelled (and apparently cancelled in many locations in North America due to equipment issues apparently so now the test on the 8th will be a paper pencil version). We now have to write on December 8. Will they be giving us a different exam than the one we would have received today?

Were you in the Monterey location at the embassy suites? I’m on hold right now trying to figure out what’s going on

I'm in Edmonton, Canada and it was cancelled at the location I had to write it at. I am also unhappy it will be a paper pencil version now.

60 karma

@jinnie871 hi is there any change you remember a question about three islands one inhabited one uninhabited and a bridge that linked them?

• anybody else sit at Franklin and Marshall College in PA?

189 karma

@Tvclsat96 said:
    @jinnie871 hi is there any change you remember a question about three islands one inhabited one uninhabited and a bridge that linked them?

Don't remember...there may be a bridge question but don't remember islands

• 31 karma

@denis045 said:
    I think this was the experimental LR: a question about cyclists on slick roads? Ring a bell for any 2 section LR peeps? Praying this was not on the real test

I had 2 LR & I don't think I had that.

• johnnylawjohnnylaw Alum Member
    48 karma

Might just have been me, but very difficult test.
    LR,LG,LR,LR,RC
    First LR is a blur but am pretty sure it was experimental and threw me off.
    LG was countries and the first game had S as the 3rd person not slot which ritually screwed me
    LR 2 had dire wolf in tar pits—anyone have this?
    LR 3 had fish with teeth and a hard disagree except
    RC has computer chips and the stupid hard passage about nonfiction movies? And the comparative was hard as well.

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

Feeling very confident in 170+ after this exam. I thought it was very average to below average difficulty. The only hard part for me was the fourth logic game.

• axjxmarvelaxjxmarvel Alum Member
    158 karma

Was the LG that had clothing colors experimental?

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

@axjxmarvel said:
    Was the LG that had clothing colors experimental?

No. I only had one LG and it was there.

60 karma

@johnnylaw hi I had three LR first was also a blur but I remember a 3 island question with some inhabitated or not the second one with the wolf pit and the last definitely had a hard disagree expect that was somewhere at the end of the section

• angelie.ortizangelie.ortiz Member
    31 karma

@Tvclsat96 said:
    Hi all!does anyone who had only two LR sections recall a question about three islands one having a population one not and there being a bridge connecting the inhabitated/uninhabited islands?

I had three LR and my first LR had this question wondering if that was experimental!

@jinnie871 said:

@zxcv1111 said:

I had the same order. I was told that the second lg is exp.

Same here! The second one was super hard and I feel like I messed up on that one so I'm praying for the first one to be the real one :smile:

edited November 2019 31 karma

@Tvclsat96 said:

I had only two LR sections and I don't recall any question talking about a bridge and three islands. I might be wrong but I think that was probably experimental.

• kylechinhowkylechinhow Alum Member
    42 karma

@Tvclsat96 said:
    @johnnylaw hi I had three LR first was also a blur but I remember a 3 island question with some inhabitated or not the second one with the wolf pit and the last definitely had a hard disagree expect that was somewhere at the end of the section

Disagree a was def a killer

edited November 2019 31 karma

@vixcan said:

@firefistcaes said:
    Had 2 RC's, the first one had something about computer chips and unicef agreement for water, while the second was on antibiotics and linguistics being a science. Which was real??

Unicef water agreement was real, had only 1rc

The one with the chips technology and water regulations was real.

• axjxmarvelaxjxmarvel Alum Member
    158 karma

Guys as someone who was personally victimized by the September logic games section I can’t tell you how happy I am that the second LG section was experimental. I thought it was real and that I had faced a repeat of September (I also had the experimental LG for that exam, which had been easy for me). For whatever reason the real LG section completely clicked for me this time, and I may knocking on every piece of wood I can find be in 170 territory.

31 karma

@johnnylaw said:
    LR,LG,LR,LR,RC
    LG was countries and the first game had S as the 3rd person not slot which ritually screwed me
    RC has computer chips and the stupid hard passage about nonfiction movies? And the comparative was hard as well.

I had the one with the dire wolfs and I only had two LR's so that one is real.
    I don't remember a question with fish and teeth tho. Maybe that one was the experimental?

31 karma

@carolientje88 said:

@denis045 said:
    I think this was the experimental LR: a question about cyclists on slick roads? Ring a bell for any 2 section LR peeps? Praying this was not on the real test

I had 2 LR & I don't think I had that.

I only had 2 LR's and I don't recall this at all. You might be in luck! :smile:

31 karma

@axjxmarvel said:
    Guys as someone who was personally victimized by the September logic games section I can’t tell you how happy I am that the second LG section was experimental. I thought it was real and that I had faced a repeat of September (I also had the experimental LG for that exam, which had been easy for me). For whatever reason the real LG section completely clicked for me this time, and I may knocking on every piece of wood I can find be in 170 territory.

That second LG experimental section was horrible! I was also praying for it to be the experimental because otherwise my score was going to be affected pretty badly.

• jmd337jmd337 Alum Member
    30 karma

Hi ok so I had two LG. For LR i remember questions about rodents with teeth and antibiotics in milk. For LG I had two: one I remember had a game about people being indicted which I feel I did much better on and I can't really remember any of the other games in terms of which section they were in. Anyone know if the indicted one was real or not?

• jmd337jmd337 Alum Member
    30 karma

For RC it was about movies, DNA / peptides and microchips btw

edited November 2019 60 karma

@jmd337 I only had one games section the second game had jalapeños in it ( and I can’t believe that the only thing I remember) and the final game had Indian France and Ghana :)

• edited November 2019 242 karma

Takeaways for today:

I took my test in Boston with many Harvard and Brown students -- very intimidating.

1. the stylus completely sucked. it was useless and i stopped using it after one question. using your finger isn't very accurate either. also using the eraser on the tablet doesn't work at all. this was all VERY frustrating. don't count on highlighting key words/sentences in RC. the precision of the stylus was awful.

2. my test center was highly unorganized. I arrived 2 hours early. the test didnt begin until at least one hour after "check in". the bathroom break was a nightmare- one bathroom to accommodate about 100+ others. arrived at 10am....left at 530pm.

3. I wasn't able to get more scrap paper. use it "judiciously"

4. instructed to tilt tablets at no more than a 30 degree angle. this sucked. by the end of the day my neck was killing me. also lots of glare.

5. be prepared for compulsive coughers/sneezers/people who are hard pencilers and erasers. it was extremely distracting.

6. I had lr, lr, lg, lr, rc. thankful there wasn't 2 lgs, although last lg was extremely hard.

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

@kcsteenland said:
    I had two reading comprehension sections, one with water treaties and one with jazz composition. Definitely did better on one of them than the other. Any idea which one was the real one?

Same, no idea. I thought the science passage on the 2nd rc was tough

• 242 karma

I had no jazz comp

• jams61444jams61444 Alum Member
    10 karma

Did anyone find RC average, easy or difficult in comparison to preptests 80+?

189 karma

@Tvclsat96 said:
    @jmd337 I only had one games section the second game had jalapeños in it ( and I can’t believe that the only thing I remember) and the final game had Indian France and Ghana :)

Jalapenos is the soup game

• Does anyone know if the game with assigning colors for like four people were real?

• 242 karma

REAL LG = trip to india and ghana, recipe

RC was average. I had movies, water laws, something about languages, dna and microchips

• zzhouzzhou Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Anyone with two LR sections remember the section with 25 questions involves professional tailors?

• 242 karma

is anyone else brain mush? i can't even remember the content!!

189 karma

@zzhou said:
    Anyone with two LR sections remember the section with 25 questions involves professional tailors?

Yes

• @"meaghan.fiske" do you remember a fourth game about assigning colors or something? red white yellow green?

• 242 karma

@MichaelScottRegionalManager no colors. that must have been exp.

I've been driving my ford windstar brain like it was a ferrari all day!

• zzhouzzhou Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@johnnylaw said:
    LR,LG,LR,LR,RC

is the disagree except one about rising minimum wage for the city boost the economy in general?