Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official November 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Comments

• 604wannabealawyer604wannabealawyer Alum Member
    94 karma

I found the RC pretty challenging and the last LR game. I hope it doesn't mess up my score terribly :(

• @99thPercentileOrDieTryin was your clothing colors lg the one with red white green yellow?

• zdlinnanzdlinnan Core Member
    11 karma

Does anyone know when the score will be released?

11 karma

@zzhou said:

@johnnylaw said:
    Might just have been me, but very difficult test.
    LR,LG,LR,LR,RC
    First LR is a blur but am pretty sure it was experimental and threw me off.
    LG was countries and the first game had S as the 3rd person not slot which ritually screwed me
    LR 2 had dire wolf in tar pits—anyone have this?
    LR 3 had fish with teeth and a hard disagree except
    RC has computer chips and the stupid hard passage about nonfiction movies? And the comparative was hard as well.

is the disagree except one about rising minimum wage for the city boost the economy in general?

I remember this question. And I have 2LR

• 242 karma

score released dec 19

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

@MichaelScottRegionalManager said:
    @99thPercentileOrDieTryin was your clothing colors lg the one with red white green yellow <

That sounds right

11 karma

@zzhou said:
    Anyone with two LR sections remember the section with 25 questions involves professional tailors?

Yes.This one is real.

• Wait can someone help me: I had 2 lg sections. 1st section- something with S is the third; 2nd- assigning colors for the fourth game. Some people with 1 lg section told me they didn’t have colors but some did. Which is the real one??😲

• 242 karma

@MichaelScottRegionalManager i had one LG. no puzzle with colors. REAL LG; s 3rd, recipe, trip to india.

11 karma

Wait can someone help me: I had 2 lg sections. 1st section- something with S is the third; 2nd- assigning colors for the fourth game. Some people with 1 lg section told me they didn’t have colors but some did. Which is the real one??😲

1st one is real.

edited November 2019 1094 karma

Wait can someone help me: I had 2 lg sections. 1st section- something with S is the third; 2nd- assigning colors for the fourth game. Some people with 1 lg section told me they didn’t have colors but some did. Which is the real one??😲

I could have been wrong, bud. I did a prep test with clothes just yesterday and don’t really recall the 3rd game from today. The ones that were real I do remember were ingredients to food and visitors to three countries

However, I do think there was a game about clothes and colors. I remember the three games were a breeze and I had 18 full minutes for the last game.

• JPCAY12234JPCAY12234 Free Trial Member
    49 karma

I had 3 ARs, 1 LG, 1 RC.

I finished the LG in 19 minutes and even had time to check all my answers - I took the now infamous Sept 2019 test with the extremely difficult LG, so I’m glad I nailed this one. I could see how the 4th game could mess people up, but I made a couple good inferences at the beginning so I was able to answer all the questions quickly. The RC was more difficult for me -especially the microchip one, but I think I did Decent on it overall. Hoping for a better score than last time!!

• @shesovertheedge @zdlinnan thank you!
    @99thPercentileOrDieTryin haha it’s all good - thanks!

• JPCAY12234JPCAY12234 Free Trial Member
    49 karma

Also can we talk about how it’s a DECEMBER 19 score release date???

• Texas_ALVTexas_ALV Member
    6 karma

Anyone with two LR's had a section with apricots?

• Squash2020Squash2020 Alum Member
    18 karma

@Tvclsat96 said:
    Hi all!does anyone who had only two LR sections recall a question about three islands one having a population one not and there being a bridge connecting the inhabitated/uninhabited islands?

I had three LR and my first LR had this question wondering if that was experimental!

I had three LR and did not have this section!

1094 karma

@CRLSUUUU said:
    Any guesses on the curve for this one?

If September was a -13, this was -10. Maybe -11 if we’re lucky.

• tyzoekimtyzoekim Alum Member
    2 karma

For people that had 2 LRs, did you see a question on English phrase "I am in pain" and how it doesn't explain the situation properly? It was a strengthen/weaken except question.

1094 karma

@trombettalauren said:

@Tvclsat96 said:
    Hi all!does anyone who had only two LR sections recall a question about three islands one having a population one not and there being a bridge connecting the inhabitated/uninhabited islands?

I had three LR and my first LR had this question wondering if that was experimental!

I had three LR and did not have this section!

I think they’re talking about the wolves on the Falkland Island

• axjxmarvelaxjxmarvel Alum Member
    158 karma

The first one was real. Second experimental.

• jonesk0473jonesk0473 Alum Member
    68 karma

For people with LR LG LR LR RC, did we figure out which was experimental?

• jinnie871jinnie871 Free Trial Member
    189 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin said:

@CRLSUUUU said:

Powerscore predicting -11

• ChloefrazerChloefrazer Member
    110 karma

@izabellanna123 said:
    Did anyone with only two LRs have a question about different med students, trying to diagnose patients, and being told a specific diagnosis from their first advisor, then trying to diagnose again with a second advisor. Or something along the lines of that. It was a really long stimulus, so I’m sure I’m messing up some of the details.

Yes I remember this!
    I had LR LG LR LR RC

• angelie.ortizangelie.ortiz Member
    31 karma

@zdlinnan said:
    Does anyone know when the score will be released?

No idea. I asked the proctor and he said he didn’t know. The website says TBD which is messed up cause the deadline to register for the January LSAT (in case we don’t like our score) is December 3rd. Sooo... yeah.

31 karma

The one with the colors and the people visiting countries is real.

31 karma

@zdlinnan said:

1st one is real.

They probably don’t remember that the letters were colors but there was definitely a grouping game with colors.

• jinnie871jinnie871 Free Trial Member
    189 karma

@"angelie.ortiz" said:

@zdlinnan said:

1st one is real.

They probably don’t remember that the letters were colors but there was definitely a grouping game with colors.

Real lg according to powerscore

Real Logic Games (not necessarily in order)

1. Adding ingredients to make soup/food
    2. Scheduling 5 people over 7 months
    3. Computer repair/tech assignments
    4. Inspectors visiting different countries in different months

Other real sections: https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=31546

• BabySageBabySage Alum Member
    20 karma

Is there a game similar to the countries game in any old PTs? @99thPercentileOrDieTryin - since you said LG was okay, wondering how you practiced for it. Thanks in advance!

• cindyhylee87cindyhylee87 Free Trial Member
    edited November 2019 2 karma

Mine was LR LG LR LR RC , I am sure the first one was experimental

• I Dunt Want ItI Dunt Want It Alum Member
    edited November 2019 111 karma

I had LR-LR-LG-LR-RC and the first LR had a question about camels and weapons. Those questions seemed very similar to ones I have seen before but I don't know from where. Was also mad about the LG section, wasn't able to see the last rule on the recipe section and got stumped. However, I saw it at the end and was able to complete the game with 5 mins left.

• Claire1888Claire1888 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Same here. @cindyhylee87
    Thought maybe 2-3 are a revised version from PT78

• szs52525szs52525 Alum Member
    edited November 2019 28 karma

Does anyone know a similar PT game to the countries game?

• hkb34567hkb34567 Member
    8 karma

Does anyone remember an LR question about the % of accountants at the central office vs seminar? Or a question about touch up paint color parallel reasoning? Was either of these the experimental section?

• MJGspiceMJGspice Alum Member
    147 karma

@dnahamp said:
    I too had two RC sections but it's still not clear to me which one was experimental. The first one was way more difficult and in it the last passage was about Whorf's hypothesis regarding language influencing thought. The second RC section - which I thought was much easier - had as its last passage Chomsky's way of approaching linguistics as a science (as defined by Popper). So which of these was the experimental section???

Sadly the first more difficult one is real, and the second easier one is experimental.

• jsolomon759jsolomon759 Member
    51 karma

did anyone with only 2 lr sections have a question about the effects of curry ???

• MJGspiceMJGspice Alum Member
    147 karma

yes, that one is real.

• enoelenoel Member
    17 karma

I had the LR LG LR LR RC test as well. It was super difficult and the testing center was not prepared at all. They sat us on very old note taking desks that barely fit the tablet. It took them almost 2 hours to seat us for the exam with maybe 75 test takers present. And the building was so old you could hear the plumbing throughout the entire time. The first LR section was extremely difficult with mostly resolve/explain questions and some justify. The second LR did have a question about rodents, milk/antibiotics and cheeseburgers. The games section did have a question about the soup Ingredients and grouping countries. The RC had very dense passages imo. Especially the ones about the scientific research for DNA peptides and nanochips, I was extremely lost on that one, and another about nonfiction film exhibits.

• JerryJerry Member
    edited November 2019 176 karma

Mine was LG, LR, RC, RC, LR

LG was okay. I thought the last game was reminiscent of the city game with climate, friendliness, and location.

LR 1 was simple enough. I got through all the questions with plenty of time to spare. The question about rat obesity and cancer appears here, I think. I think this also had a question about armored and unarmored fish living in lakes and seas.

RC 1 was hard. Film festivals, UN water treaties, abalone peptides’ application to microchip development, and comparative about Wharf hypothesis.

RC 2 was so much easier. I was hoping it’d be the real one, but alas, no. The Jazz Workshop and Mingus (which also mentions Duke Ellington in passing, whom I’m beginning to realize the LSAC is obsessed with), comparative passage about antibiotics regulation, law regarding sales of stolen artwork, and how Popper’s theory of scientific falsifiability connects to linguistics.

LR 2 was harder. The questions I remember being stumped by were about dire wolves in tar pits, an unusual question about the long-standing tradition of heckling comedians, and one about how tailors use manufactured patterns. Also, the question about a university’s night students from two campuses appears here, but I didn’t think that one was too bad.

• janat_506janat_506 Alum Member
    25 karma

I totally messed up by choosing the “dark mode” on the test. The proctor told us to see which option worked best and that we could change it any time during the test.HE LIED. I honestly regret it so much, I couldn’t highlight properly. It was a disaster!! Once it went to dark mode there was no going back. It wasn’t until the break I could tell him to fix it from his master computer. Horrible horrible mistake.

• Yes. The one with peptides was the real RC. The one with jazz was the experimental RC

• The RC overall was terrible, and on top of that they changed the testing center two hours before my exam. Definitely felt like it was a harder exam than usual.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Thinking of everyone who just wrote the exam. Will it be published within the next month or so?

• SharpieHighlighterSharpieHighlighter Alum Member
    132 karma

Just want to say I was pleasantly surprised by the tablets. Perhaps I got quite lucky, but I did not experience any of the gripes many others reported with the tablet. It seemed brand new, easy to use, the angle was highly adjustable and the screen was responsive. My only very minor complaint is that it was so light that I had to grip it to avoid sliding around the desk, and every now and then I would accidentally highlight the wrong word due to not touching the right spot - something I experienced on my own tablet as often. I am also very happy that the LSAC test interface is almost identical to what I am used to from 7sage, it was a seamless transition to use it.

• DestinyGDestinyG Member
    11 karma

@jinnie871 said:
    I don't think the visiting countries was real. I had 2 LG's. I had one with soup.

The soup and visiting countries was real

• DestinyGDestinyG Member
    11 karma

For those that had: LR, LG, LR, LR,RC.
    Was the first LR the experimental?

• elias7291elias7291 Alum Member
    269 karma

@Jerry yeah that heckling comedian question had me stumped, even though i got it down to what will probably be the two most popular answers for that question.

• xjoellemaexjoellemae Alum Member
    26 karma

@SharpieHighlighter said:
    Just want to say I was pleasantly surprised by the tablets. Perhaps I got quite lucky, but I did not experience any of the gripes many others reported with the tablet. It seemed brand new, easy to use, the angle was highly adjustable and the screen was responsive. My only very minor complaint is that it was so light that I had to grip it to avoid sliding around the desk, and every now and then I would accidentally highlight the wrong word due to not touching the right spot - something I experienced on my own tablet as often. I am also very happy that the LSAC test interface is almost identical to what I am used to from 7sage, it was a seamless transition to use it.

If you're taking it again, I found a life hack! My proctors handed out those screen cleaning wipes. After I used it on the screen, I laid it out under my tablet and it kept it from slipping. :smile:

• itsemmarobynitsemmarobyn Member
    272 karma

@jinnie871 said:

@CRLSUUUU said:

What does this mean -11?

• SharpieHighlighterSharpieHighlighter Alum Member
    edited November 2019 132 karma

@xjoellemae said:
    If you're taking it again, I found a life hack! My proctors handed out those screen cleaning wipes. After I used it on the screen, I laid it out under my tablet and it kept it from slipping. :smile:

I knew I should have requested one of those when they handed them out. I am hoping to never touch another LSAT tablet again, but that is a great tip, thanks!

@itsemmarobyn said:
    What does this mean -11?

Something like the number of questions wrong to get a 170 score.
    https://blog.powerscore.com/lsat/what-does-9-10-11-12-mean-when-talking-about-the-lsat-curve-/

• enoelenoel Member
    17 karma

@itsemmarobyn said:

@jinnie871 said:

@CRLSUUUU said:

What does this mean -11?

From what I understand it’s a way of approximating the difficulty of the test for test takers. I believe the range is -9 to -14. Being closer to a -9 is considered easier then a -11. The LSAC tries to balance out difficulty of tests with scores so it’s fair to all test takers. So on a more difficult test (closer to -14) you can get more questions wrong without taking a huge hit on your score. Basically more room for error. The -11 means this test was moderately difficult comparatively, although we don’t know for sure until the results come out. That’s just the prediction based on students feedback.