Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do if LSAC cancels LSAT administration? Rolling admissions impacted?

Harvey DentHarvey Dent Alum Member
in General 81 karma

Westin South Coast Plaza cancelled their LSAT after a 1 hour and 30 minute delay.
What happens when LSAC decides to do this? No emails yet from LSAC.

Who else was canceled? For what reason?
Has LSAC given an explanation?
Will this set back your application process?

Comments

• zacharytsmith26-1zacharytsmith26-1 Alum Member
    849 karma

From what I have heard about these situations there will be a make-up day test so you will still get to take it soon. Here is the problem with it though, they won't necessarily tell you when it is right away and they don't seem to give much notice. For example, they could call you in a 2 weeks, meaning you waited 2 weeks and heard nothing, and tell the make-up test is in 2 days.... These are just the stories that I have heard, the good news is you get to take the test, you get your score on the same day as the other takers and it won't affect admissions.

• Harvey DentHarvey Dent Alum Member
    81 karma

@zacharytsmith26 is the test still digital? I’ve heard some rumors it will be pencil and paper

• SheenVaderSheenVader Core Member
    edited November 2019 66 karma

Mine was cancelled today and my version is on December 8 now and a paper pencil version. Mine was cancelled due to equipment issues and no it won't affect my applications. I am also registered for the January test just in case.

edited November 2019 81 karma

@Femme_Fatale786 this is ridiculous I just received this email too. They accommodate sabbath observers but failed to take into consideration people who observe the “sabbath” on Sunday.

• MJGspiceMJGspice Alum Member
    147 karma

I believe make up tests are pencil and paper. The good news is, the scores are usually released the same day as everyone else so rolling admissions is not impacted.

81 karma

@MJGspice yeah. Good thing I didn’t burn all of my LSAT books after they went digital. Still pissed about it being on a Sunday. Sent complaint to LSAC.

66 karma

@"Harvey Dent" said:
    @Femme_Fatale786 this is ridiculous I just received this email too. They accommodate sabbath observers but failed to take into consideration people who observe the “sabbath” on Sunday.

Yes Sunday is definitely an odd day for the test. Will it still be the 12:30 time slot? I am not a morning person at all lol Also the test may most likely be from February 2013, February 2015 or February 2016 or an international test) I am reading up on them and what the question topics were, as if it is one of these then that will automatically tell us what our experimental section is :)

• shanpseudoshanpseudo Member
    51 karma

@Femme_Fatale786 said:

@"Harvey Dent" said:

Yes Sunday is definitely an odd day for the test. Will it still be the 12:30 time slot? I am not a morning person at all lol Also the test may most likely be from February 2013, February 2015 or February 2016 or an international test) I am reading up on them and what the question topics were, as if it is one of these then that will automatically tell us what our experimental section is :)

why would you think the test is one of those?

66 karma

@shanpseudo said:

@Femme_Fatale786 said:

@"Harvey Dent" said:

In previous years those are the popular ones they often use according to those who have written the makeup tests. I follow a lot of different lsat groups on reddit. Like last year during this time when they had the makeup test they used February 2013 lsat I believe. Jon Denning from Powerscore on Reddit said the following to me when I mentioned whether February 2013 test would be used: "That’s been a popular over the years! But a number of Feb tests (13, 15, and 16 in particular) are viable candidates, as are prior international tests. So it’s impossible to know for sure what you’ll get, I’m afraid."

• shanpseudoshanpseudo Member
    51 karma

@Femme_Fatale786 said:

@shanpseudo said:

@Femme_Fatale786 said:

@"Harvey Dent" said:

In previous years those are the popular ones they often use according to those who have written the makeup tests. I follow a lot of different lsat groups on reddit. Like last year during this time when they had the makeup test they used February 2013 lsat I believe. Jon Denning from Powerscore on Reddit said the following to me when I mentioned whether February 2013 test would be used: "That’s been a popular over the years! But a number of Feb tests (13, 15, and 16 in particular) are viable candidates, as are prior international tests. So it’s impossible to know for sure what you’ll get, I’m afraid."

Nice. It couldn't hurt to look those over! Thank you!

81 karma

@Femme_Fatale786 @shanpseudo how would we be able to see those? They seem to be undisclosed and not available from what I’ve found. Not on 7sage PT page either

edited November 2019 66 karma

@"Harvey Dent" said:
    @Femme_Fatale786 @shanpseudo how would we be able to see those? They seem to be undisclosed and not available from what I’ve found. Not on 7sage PT page either

Yes we cannot see them. However, online people indicate which sections were the real sections so that way suppose we get one of those tests we would automatically know which one is the experimental. For March 2019 Sabbath Observer test was also February 2013 and July 2019 makeup exam was also February 2013 (this one is used a lot and considered a fair exam so here is to hoping lol). I just read about it on powerscore forum so that one seems to be quite popular. They tell you what topics were in each section so you know which ones are real if we receive the same test (we could really get any test but it sounds like it might be an old February test from the past few years).

• Optimistic23Optimistic23 Free Trial Member
    18 karma

Hey there,

I received an exam cancellation email from LSAC literally on the evening of 11/23 while doing last minute studying for the 11/25 exam. They claim there were equipment issues but never explained what they were. This was an inconvenience for me because I'll be overseas for the 12/8 makeup exam (which is in paper). I literally booked my trip after paying for the LSAT thinking I would not have to go away with this exam on my mind. The only other option apart from fully cancelling is to sign up for the January exam. I did that but still haven't received my confirmation. This threw me off schedule because I planned to do a retake for January if not satisfied with November's score, so that way I can still make early admission. I'm also very disappointed that they will not allow November test takers to have a disclosed test. That was one of the other main reasons I signed up for November. I would advise you to call the LSAC line for more information (even though they've had me on hold for an hour)....215-968-1001.