Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LG Freeze

tienatiena Free Trial Member

I have this problem with logic games and I hope someone can diagnose this and tell me what to do....I’ve done so many logic games without timing issues but for some reason, all the logic games on the real exams always seem completely different to me and I find that I cannot make inferences or diagram them effectively. But I can do difficult games outside of the test center; what is going on? This is really damaging my scores, so can someone tell me what is going on? I’m not even panicking when doing the real test

Comments

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

I had the same issue with LR

I found I could get ~20 right untimed (only 10 minutes over), but then when i started timing for the first time i got like 5 right (and, mathematically i should have gotten 15). I would go over it and think “well i could have gotten this”.

Have you tried focusing your attention on 3 games? Maybe 2. I started doing this for LR, I figured 10/15 is better than 5/25. I got better with time and a lot of practice. But do it properly, read it slowly, and do not rush. Cover the time with a sticky note. I think there is something about the timing aspect that just makes people panic or rush or misread. Sometimes, you need to take a step back, catch your breath, and just think about it.

There was also a 7Sage article I read about “flooding theory” or something like that. I write down the worst case scenario. Like what is the worst that can come out of failing this test? I take it again. I get in the cycle after. This is the absolute worst.

I know this is a lot easier said than done, obviously, and its a lot harder on the actual test day (I find i personally tend to get “stuck” on hard questions because I want to get them so badly). Keep redoing the CC until you can see the game’s inferences clear as day, in your head. Do a lot of misc games.

I also have been giving myself rules like “chose and move when u know its the ansr”. I have a horrid habit of checking to make sure the others are wrong when I KNOW its right. My other rules are no changing your answer unless you are 100% sure, if you have to re-read a rule 3x skip the game.

I hope this is somewhat helpful :)