Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official November 2019 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

124»

Comments

• angelie.ortizangelie.ortiz Member
    31 karma

@janadhiseneviratne said:
    The RC overall was terrible, and on top of that they changed the testing center two hours before my exam. Definitely felt like it was a harder exam than usual.

Were you testing at the University of Houston? Cause they did that to me too. LSAC sent an email at 10am changing classrooms and on top of that we started the test super late because they weren't ready.

• Donotdisturb26Donotdisturb26 Alum Member
    161 karma

Does anyone know a similar PT game to Scheduling 5 people over 7 months and computer repair?

Thank you

• bigjoecbigjoec Alum Member
    56 karma

@shesovertheedge said:
    Takeaways for today:

I took my test in Boston with many Harvard and Brown students -- very intimidating.

1. the stylus completely sucked. it was useless and i stopped using it after one question. using your finger isn't very accurate either. also using the eraser on the tablet doesn't work at all. this was all VERY frustrating. don't count on highlighting key words/sentences in RC. the precision of the stylus was awful.

2. my test center was highly unorganized. I arrived 2 hours early. the test didnt begin until at least one hour after "check in". the bathroom break was a nightmare- one bathroom to accommodate about 100+ others. arrived at 10am....left at 530pm.

3. I wasn't able to get more scrap paper. use it "judiciously"

4. instructed to tilt tablets at no more than a 30 degree angle. this sucked. by the end of the day my neck was killing me. also lots of glare.

5. be prepared for compulsive coughers/sneezers/people who are hard pencilers and erasers. it was extremely distracting.

6. I had lr, lr, lg, lr, rc. thankful there wasn't 2 lgs, although last lg was extremely hard.

I know it's too late, but presumably you might take again, so a few tips from someone who's taken twice:

1. sorry, no good tips here. stylus is trash and don't use it. (perhaps try a few pt's with zero highlighting?)

2. that sucks. always be last person in the check in line, and hit the bathroom shortly before you get to the front -- minimize your chances of needing it during first 3 sections.

3. do all your PT's and all your LG's with homemade scratch paper booklets: buy a ream of 11" x 17" paper for $15, take out a stack of 4 sheets, fold it in the middle, put in a couple staples in the spine (at slightly wonky angles because the stapler's not long enough). just use the 14 pages in the middle (on the real thing, the front and back covers have a bunch of printing on them). makes 125 scratch booklets.
      plan your space usage for worst case scenario (an experimental LG section), and practice accordingly.

4. yeah, this sucks. what the hell -- LSAC announced they were getting rid of this rule in early Oct, then continued to enforce it in Oct and Nov sitting.

5. take your PT's somewhere loud, or with the 7sage proctor with the noises set way up. then get used to sticking your fingers in your ears while reading RC passages and LR stims.
      if you feel like a weirdo sticking your fingers in your ears, it's easy to do it surreptitiously with your thumbs: support your head like this guy by putting your elbows on the table and the tips of your fingers on your forehead and your thumbs on your cheeks, then move the flat of your thumbs onto your earholes and press hard. it's really very effective.

• EveryCookCanGovernEveryCookCanGovern Alum Member
    401 karma

LR LG LR LR RC.

RC on nonfiction cinema, whorfian linguistics, water treaties, and microchips is real.

LG on visiting different countries, cooking ingredients, visiting factories is real.

• ashali.pcashali.pc Alum Member
    17 karma

@hkb34567 said:
    Does anyone remember an LR question about the % of accountants at the central office vs seminar? Or a question about touch up paint color parallel reasoning? Was either of these the experimental section?

I remember both of these but I had 3 LR so idk if its experimental either

• stephanieflores8094stephanieflores8094 Alum Member
    99 karma

For anyone with two LR, did anyone have a question about apricots and peach plants?

• jinnie871jinnie871 Free Trial Member
    189 karma

@stephanieflores8094 said:
    For anyone with two LR, did anyone have a question about apricots and peach plants?

Nope

• lastLSATslastLSATs Alum Member
    64 karma

@Donotdisturb26 said:
    Does anyone know a similar PT game to Scheduling 5 people over 7 months and computer repair?

Thank you

I think there was game about scheduling 6 months of work (at two different places) over a period of 9 months. forgot which PT this was on, either C2 (Jan 2016) or PT 86 or 85?

• Chris BabinskyyChris Babinskyy Alum Member
    51 karma

I only had one game section, which included the soup ingredients as well as the visiting countries (India, France), so those must have been real for those of you who had two games sections.

51 karma

@denis045 said:
    I think this was the experimental LR: a question about cyclists on slick roads? Ring a bell for any 2 section LR peeps? Praying this was not on the real test

Definitely must have been experimental. I had three LR sections and did not encounter the cyclist question.

51 karma

@jinnie871 said:

@"Jay Hawlader" said:

@jinnie871 said:
    I don't think the visiting countries was real. I had 2 LG's. I had one with soup.

Do u rmbr the other sections other than soup?

No. I only remember soup question cuz I did a soup logic game (pt 40) as a warm-up before the test.

That one was relatively easier because it was a simple in and out, but the test on Monday also included sequencing. I was lost and confused at first, but was then able to solve for most of the questions.

189 karma

@babin100 said:

@jinnie871 said:

@"Jay Hawlader" said:

@jinnie871 said:
    I don't think the visiting countries was real. I had 2 LG's. I had one with soup.

Do u rmbr the other sections other than soup?

No. I only remember soup question cuz I did a soup logic game (pt 40) as a warm-up before the test.

That one was relatively easier because it was a simple in and out, but the test on Monday also included sequencing. I was lost and confused at first, but was then able to solve for most of the questions.

I meant same topic

• tienatiena Free Trial Member
    24 karma

When will we know the curve?

• michelle.zysk99michelle.zysk99 Alum Member
    33 karma

Ok this is it for me! I ended up canceling the September test because of I suffered a blackout on that horrific LG section and came to when they called time. The soonest I could retest was November. Everything was going pretty well until my last section RC. At around question 17 I could not enter some of my answers. Neither the stylus nor my finger worked. I tried everything, then the proctors came over and also had no luck. By that point I had to shoo them away just to see if I could get anything to stick. On some only a few of the choices would register. They took my name etc but I just cant keep taking this test!

• Moosek123Moosek123 Alum Member
    3 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin said:

@CRLSUUUU said:
    Any guesses on the curve for this one?

If September was a -13, this was -10. Maybe -11 if we’re lucky.

Hows the curve work? is -10 about an average curve?

• LiTony5792LiTony5792 Alum Member
    12 karma

@Tvclsat96 said:
    Hi all!does anyone who had only two LR sections recall a question about three islands one having a population one not and there being a bridge connecting the inhabitated/uninhabited islands?

I had three LR and my first LR had this question wondering if that was experimental!

Yes and I believe that was towards the end, ~#19, since I had to guess before time runs out.

12 karma

@JPCAY12234 said:
    Also can we talk about how it’s a DECEMBER 19 score release date???

Ithe release date doesn't make sense for those who would like to register for the Jan test.

12 karma

For those who also had this order: LR,LG,LR,LR,RC, do you think each LR section might be arranged differently than another person who also had the same order? For example, the 1st LR on your test is the one before RC on another person's test. Reason I am asking is my fourth LR was extremely difficult and some said it was their first, so really hoping it is the same LR we are both talking about.🤞🏻

• kaseyhookerkaseyhooker Free Trial Member
    11 karma

@lsathurdel said:
    The SA question about university and night school ... felt like I overthought that so much - any ideas what the approach would have been with percentages in that case

I definitely missed that one. I saved it for last and spent my last two minutes of time trying to figure it out. The wording was confusing.

• kaseyhookerkaseyhooker Free Trial Member
    11 karma

@jinnie871 said:

@"angelie.ortiz" said:

@zdlinnan said:

@MichaelScottRegionalManager said:
    Wait can someone help me: I had 2 lg sections. 1st section- something with S is the third; 2nd- assigning colors for the fourth game. Some people with 1 lg section told me they didn’t have colors but some did. Which is the real one??😲

1st one is real.

They probably don’t remember that the letters were colors but there was definitely a grouping game with colors.

Real lg according to powerscore

Real Logic Games (not necessarily in order)

1. Adding ingredients to make soup/food
    2. Scheduling 5 people over 7 months
    3. Computer repair/tech assignments
    4. Inspectors visiting different countries in different months

Other real sections: https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=31546

This is incredibly helpful, thank you!

• mackmath111mackmath111 Alum Member
    33 karma

SW VA test center in Abington VA was excellent.
    It does take extra practice to get accustomed to tablet.
    Urinary urgency does not help test scores,so bring your pullups if that is the case for you.

• ThrivingMagpieThrivingMagpie Alum Member
    17 karma

@LiTony5792 said:
    For those who also had this order: LR,LG,LR,LR,RC, do you think each LR section might be arranged differently than another person who also had the same order? For example, the 1st LR on your test is the one before RC on another person's test. Reason I am asking is my fourth LR was extremely difficult and some said it was their first, so really hoping it is the same LR we are both talking about.🤞🏻

@LiTony5792 said:

@LiTony5792 said:

All I could recall is that my last LR (the one before RC) has 25 questions.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Does anyone know if you're allowed to access your ziploc if a test is delayed for awhile and you're in the test room, like if you want a snack or a tissue?

• Donotdisturb26Donotdisturb26 Alum Member
    161 karma

I had LR (26) LG LR (26) LR (25) but I found the first LR easier ? Compare to the second LR (26).... which one is the experimental ?

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Does anyone know if you're allowed to access your ziploc if a test is delayed for awhile and you're in the test room, like if you want a snack or a tissue?

Sounds like a grey-area issue, that would depend on the proctor. I think most proctors wouldn't prevent you from doing so, but I'm speculating.

• jonesk0473jonesk0473 Alum Member
    68 karma

When are scores suppose to be released? I can’t find anything on LSAC.

• MJGspiceMJGspice Alum Member
    147 karma

@jonesk0473 said:
    When are scores suppose to be released? I can’t find anything on LSAC.

Dec. 19

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

Can anyone tell me what the dimensions are for the scratch paper booklet you are given? It's it the standard letter size (8.5x11)? I want to make sure my diagramming isn't taking up too much space during the actual exam. Thanks!

68 karma

@goforbroke said:
    Can anyone tell me what the dimensions are for the scratch paper booklet you are given? It's it the standard letter size (8.5x11)? I want to make sure my diagramming isn't taking up too much space during the actual exam. Thanks!

Like a regular sized piece of notebook paper without the lines. Plenty of paper for the test

320 karma

@jonesk0473 said:

@goforbroke said:

Like a regular sized piece of notebook paper without the lines. Plenty of paper for the test

Thanks!

• 242 karma

anyone know what time scores drop???

• ADOTcanadaADOTcanada Member
    5 karma

@shesovertheedge said:
    anyone know what time scores drop???

My sep results came in at 8:07am EST, hoping its about the same time

• jsolomon759jsolomon759 Member
    51 karma

Are the scores posted on your LSAC account before you get the email?

189 karma

@jsolomon759 said:
    Are the scores posted on your LSAC account before you get the email?

Mine was posted. Haven't received the email yet

• 242 karma

I got it. 6 point improvement. thanks 7 sage. good enough for where im applying.

• Qualia88Qualia88 Alum Member
    175 karma

A bit frustrated. A one point decline from September. I gambled and decided to apply later in the cycle thinking I had a good shot to improve on September. Didn't work out. Not the end of the world I guess.

• 242 karma

that last game really F'd me up. 5 points down the drain.

• enoelenoel Member
    17 karma

10 point increase since my last take in Jan 19. JY is an awesome teacher and 7Sage really works if you put in the work. Well worth the money invested.

• axjxmarvelaxjxmarvel Alum Member
    158 karma

I just want to share that I got my goal score! Improved 20 points over two years and this was my third take. I wrote the September exam as well and was devastated to score only a point higher than my first take two years prior. I'm a 29 y.o. mom to a toddler, I spent so much time away from him in order to study, and this just validates all of that work.

If there's one humble piece of advice I can offer to anyone looking to improve their score, it's to study with and tutor others who are below your current level. I'm convinced it made the difference for me between the September and November administrations and only wish I'd done it sooner.

Wishing everyone the best today!

68 karma

Studied since June and got a great score.7sage you rock!! Well worth money

• lawyered-1lawyered-1 Member
    11 karma

So I didn't get my goal score, and I'm about 12 points away from it. Do you guys think I should do the January LSAT or wait???

• SharpieHighlighterSharpieHighlighter Alum Member
    edited December 2019 132 karma

Happy with my November score, my first and only LSAT test. I got a 9 point increase from diagnostic after only about 2 months of reasonably light studying a few weeknights per week, and doing 5 PTs throughout November. Thanks 7sage!

@goforbroke said:

I found there to be an abundance of scratch paper. It was an A4-sized booklet with several pages, I didn't count but I would guess at least 10 double sided leafs. I probably used about 5% of the space. My efforts to learn to write very small and compact were in vain, in the exam I felt like I could have written obnoxiously large diagrams and still had some breathing room. In fact someone near me was doing exactly that - literally dragging their pencil across entire pages like they were trying to cut the book in half. Not at all what I expected!

• 604wannabealawyer604wannabealawyer Alum Member
    94 karma

9 point increase for the November lsat from last year. Thanks 7sage for all your help!

320 karma

@SharpieHighlighter said:
    Happy with my November score, my first and only LSAT test. I got a 9 point increase from diagnostic after only about 2 months of reasonably light studying a few weeknights per week, and doing 5 PTs throughout November. Thanks 7sage!

@goforbroke said:

I found there to be an abundance of scratch paper. It was an A4-sized booklet with several pages, I didn't count but I would guess at least 10 double sided leafs. I probably used about 5% of the space. My efforts to learn to write very small and compact were in vain, in the exam I felt like I could have written obnoxiously large diagrams and still had some breathing room. In fact someone near me was doing exactly that - literally dragging their pencil across entire pages like they were trying to cut the book in half. Not at all what I expected!

Congrats! Wish I could be in your shoes re: 2 months of light studying and first and only LSAT! Not taking mine til next June so fingers crossed. And thanks for the heads up about the scratch paper :smiley:

• coryconleycoryconley Alum Member
    32 karma

So I took the November exam, after taking then cancelling my score on the notorious Sept LG apocalypse. I did decently well but about 5 points short of my average (I'd consistently been getting 170+). To be honest, I thought the LGs in Nov were not much easier than the Sept ones. I'd gotten -0 or -1 on most past LG sections and expected Nov to revert to the mean. Is this the new normal? Or should I give it one more push?

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    422 karma

@"lawyered-1" said:
    So I didn't get my goal score, and I'm about 12 points away from it. Do you guys think I should do the January LSAT or wait???

It is not enough time to study from exactly right now to the 13th of Jan, unless you can buckle down and be confident enough to get your goal score!

• mackmath111mackmath111 Alum Member
    33 karma

Go to Powerscore
    Take test
    check answers
    Enjoy

• reihanreihan Member
    6 karma

Does anyone know PTs with a similar game to the trip to india LG? I had trouble with that one. If anyone has an approach/gameboard (three level sequencing?) to that game please let me know! Thanks!