Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Group Blind Review, but not on Saturday?

JengibreJengibre Member
edited June 2015 in Study Groups 383 karma
Hi everyone,

I felt I benefited from the last group Skype BR, and would like to do this more. Saturdays don't always work for me, though. Would anyone be interested in BRing a PT over Skype on another day, during the week? I'm flexible as to which PT, since there are lot I haven't seen and am also fine with retaking. Let me know!

Comments

• pseudonymouspseudonymous Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    edited March 2015 521 karma
    Great idea! I was going to post something about matching prospective Group BR 7Sagers by availability & PT #, but thought... eh, better not, I'm already spamming the boards with all my crazy shenanigans and there's probably a limit to everybody's tolerance. :-P Hey @nicole.hopkins, maybe you can edit your pinned BR post and we can make it an ongoing Group BR schedule-forming thread?

I'd like to take PT 36 sometime next week. Would that be okay? I could do Monday night, or sometime during TuesThurs if I can find a suitable spot on campus from which to Skype.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Yes—Definitely. The more BR, the better and I enjoy the group format. I'm free every evening except Thursdays! I'm also flexible as to which PT and also fine with retaking.

@arabprodigy30 was not able to do Saturdays but was interested in a BR group.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Oh this sounds wonderful! How does Wednesday/Thursday sound? (not this Wednesday because I haven't taken a PT yet lol)
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    Great! I could do next Tuesday, April 7, or Wednesday, April 8. PT 36 would be fine with me. Thoughts?
    3545 karma
    Let's do next Wednesday, PT 36, 6 PM PST? (or is that too late)
    edited March 2015 521 karma
    I work Wednesday. :-( until 7pm PST... but if that's the only day that works, I'll join for the latter part. :-)
    383 karma
    @blah170blah could you do Tuesday? And 6pm PST is a tad on the late side for those of us on the east coast, but that would be doable if it works best for everyone :)
    3545 karma
    I can do Tuesday! And sure, just let me know what times work for you guys!
  • arabprodigy30arabprodigy30 Alum Member
    243 karma
    I can't do Tuesdays, I have Masters class. But Weds, Fri, Mondays any time works :)
  • arabprodigy30arabprodigy30 Alum Member
    243 karma
    (my class is from 7:20-10 pm ) :(
    521 karma
    Will this doodle help? --> http://doodle.com/r9h7tduwaztsvhxy
    Originally 5-8pm MST but should display properly for you guys according to your location as I enabled timezone support.
    7965 karma
    @pseudonymous again with the innovations!!! Practical genius at work. Love it. Forgot Doodle existed!
    383 karma
    Looks like Monday at 8pm EST works best (for those who filled in their doodle preferences)?
  • amanda_kwamanda_kw Alum Member
    383 karma
    Mondays are best for me ,definitely. Which I marked on the Doodle. :)

I know it's close to Saturday as far as days of the week go - but for people who do PTs on weekends it could work well.
    7965 karma
    @amanda_kw we are all PT all the time amirite???
    7965 karma
    Are we for sure doing PT 36? @amanda_kw that one has your favorite question about sedentary lifestyles ... @"Jordan McMahon"
    383 karma
    @nicole.hopkins yes - that is all we do. and bhahaha. If it is PT 36, then I will not join this week, but I will join next week. Unless we want to spend three hours on that one question - which I think I could make happen.
    7965 karma
    LOL yes ... I might also hold off this week (we just BR'ed 36 a couple of weeks ago) but might listen/chime in
    521 karma
    Thanks for Doodling! Looking good for Monday, great! Are we doing PT 36? gotta print and test and review all day tomorrow #funtimes
    3545 karma
    Marking this in my calendar:
    BR Group 1: Mondays at 8 PM EST (this time PT 36)
    BR Group OG: Saturdays at 7 PM EST
    7965 karma
    @blah170blah OG as in original gangster?????? All the yes!
    3545 karma
    Haha of course! :D
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I was thinking, maybe for those that are taking the June LSAT we should work on more of the June LSATs available since time is ticking. Since we're on PT 44 I know we won't get up to 74 but maybe skipping around will be beneficial to the study groups?
    383 karma
    @emli1000 - If there are enough people, it may be beneficial to split into June/ October groups - starting beginning of May, perhaps? So that the June folks can do tests in the 60s/ 70s that month with the benefit of group review
    383 karma
    That sounds like a good idea, @amanda_kw!
    3462 karma
    @amanda_kw yes, that comment was made before the BR group last night =/
    383 karma
    @emli1000 I think that's OK? I mean for the new Monday BR sessions to break into groups. I still think Saturday BR in the late 40s now/ 50s is useful to have a mixed group.
    7965 karma
    3462 karma
    @amanda_kw Oh yea that's true. Since I feel like we've gone through most of the 40s PTs already
    3545 karma
    Lol wait, so what's going on? I feel so out of the loop :/
    edited April 2015 383 karma
    @blah170blah nothing is going on yet! lol. 47 this Saturday. Not sure about Monday - but we are looking at splitting into two groups for Monday BR - so that June testers can start later tests, and October testers can* keep slugging through older tests.
    3462 karma
    @blah170blah did you figure out your skype name yet? lol
    521 karma
    @blah170blah ... Also would like to know. @Jengibre and I missed you today. PM us! But: PT 52 next Monday 8pm, will it work?
    3545 karma
    Yes, that actually works SPLENDIDLY! :)

Sorry about the uber lack of response. Been out all week (as in sick, not fun because who has fun besides studying while studying for the LSAT). Will be there PT52, Monday 8PM
    3545 karma
    Also PM'ed up both my Skype SN
    7965 karma
    I will join you the Monday after next!
    3462 karma
    I will try to join on Monday since I doubt I'll be able to BR on Sat.
    7965 karma
    How did it go last night, folks?
    383 karma
    @nicole.hopkins 180, obvi.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    What time do you guys usually do this at? I'm interested in sitting in on one of your BR groups, just out of curiosity. (If that's okay!)
    383 karma
    Of course, @"Dillon A. Wright"! Monday at 8pm EST. PM me your Skype name and I'll add you to the call. The only condition is that you take and review PT 52 beforehand ;-D
    12637 karma
    @Jengibre omg pls. I don't know anything about taking the LSAT :(
    521 karma
    Ha, brilliant! Guess we'll have to be on our best behaviour ;-) No more gossiping about the 7Sage admins. :-P
    12637 karma
    Psst, did you hear? Dillon has fabulous hair and a nice butt. What? I didn't say anything.
    3545 karma
    @pseudonymous You mean these BR groups actually have to be substantive rather than just gossip hour?? UGHHHHHHHHH WHY GOD WHY? (jk I have HUGE respect for the BR groups and can't wait to participate)
    521 karma
    @ both of you, it actually goes something like, "OMG, Dillon is an admin and he has fabulous hair, that means all admins must have fabulous hair!" "No no, that is a typical flaw discussed in the Trainer, piece =/= puzzle!"

It's pretty funtastic.
  • SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    @pseudonymous I would love to join this group. Which PTs should I download immediately?
    521 karma
    @Sapphire We're reviewing PT52 this Monday, 8PM EST! Taking out the section in my book as we speak. :-) Beyond this week, I'm envisioning that we'll continue in the 50s and 60s... June is quite soon after all.
    3462 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" the only condition is that you complete the LG section ^_^
    383 karma
    @pseudonymous I know! June is closing in like crazy. :/ I will be there for 52 this Monday.