Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you to 7sage

Hi all,

I never knew this day would be coming, but time really does fly. I started my LSAT journey back in Jan 2017 and it's been hell of a ride. I started with a 130 (no joke) and I've been able to improve my score drastically and I don't think it's sugar coating it when I say it's because of the help I got from the 7sage community.

Yesterday, I had my Penn Law (or Penn Carey Law) interview and after I was done, I couldn't help but think back to how I got to that point in my life. It's always been a dream for me to go to Penn Law (due to my strong interest in business law) and just the idea of doing an interview was surreal to me. What I really want to say to you all is never give up and pursue your goal. I know this has been said many many times, but keep enduring while you're studying for the LSAT or writing your personal statement and you'll eventually get there. I've had many many many sleepless nights not just studying for the LSAT, but also putting together a strong application with the personal statement, LORs, why X essays, resume, etc. But seriously it was all worth it in the end. And if I could go back in time, I'd do the same thing.

I hope I have more interviews coming my way, but in the meantime, let me know if you guys want any advice regarding LSAT, admissions process, etc. Would be more than happy to answer questions. Thank you again 7sage community!

Comments

• axbSunDevaxbSunDev Member
    edited December 2019 256 karma

This is so amazing, a big congrats to you and your journey, this inspires me being that I too have a diagnostic in the 130s. As someone who has a diagnostic in the 130s, what would you site as the best way to improve from that low score? I have been studying for awhile now and see only slight improvements. I think it might be because I am kind of a slow reader. Thanks and congrats!

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

Congrats on your success!! Just wondering did you apply ED? I didn't know Penn does interviews

• LSATisthehardestthingLSATisthehardestthing Free Trial Member
    98 karma

@cooljon525 Hey so yeah I did ED. I also didn't know Penn did interviews so it caught me off guard and I was really nervous because I really wanted to attend. Anyhow, it turned out all right in the end.
    @axbSunDev where to start...there's so many different things I've tried so maybe a direct PM might be better.

• J.DizzleJ.Dizzle Member
    85 karma

Hello! Can you tell us more about your study strategy?

• kmarie.skmarie.s Member
    98 karma

I am seriously struggling to write my personal statement! How did you get over the slump/how did you eventually translate your story into words?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@LSATisthehardestthing

You're welcome! Congratulations on your achievement!