Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Struggling to Find Motivation For January Retake After 152 In October

I took the LSAT for the first time in October 2019, and I studied everyday for 7 hours a day from May 2019 until the October test. I got a 152 which was well below my goal score, of a 165, and I signed up for a retake in January 2020. However, I'm really struggling to find motivation to study because the LSAT takes a large toll on everyone lol. Also, I'm at the point that I felt I did everything I could've done to study for the October test and I'm not sure how much better I'm really going to do on this one, especially because I wasn't able to study for a month after the October exam. Any words of encouragement and tips?

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

What were your scores before taking the test? Timed and untimed?

• czechoutnicczechoutnic Alum Member
    31 karma

I feel for you and am feeling similarly. I had a diagnostic of 152, went down to 148 (for some f-ed reason) and then tested at 155. This is after the cc and a year of part-time self study. I bounce around improving one section but get worse in another, so I've been hovering around 155 for months. Feeling hopeless. I'm sorry, Hannah :(

• johnnylawjohnnylaw Alum Member
    48 karma

I’m right there with you. I’m going to just lightly review over the holidays and put my head down for a week and a half and give it this last shot. What I get is what I get at this point. If you’re like me, I know I’ve left it all out there and it’s just a test. I can prove myself in school. Hopefully you are applying to safety and targets with your best score and if things work out in January you can shoot for some reaches. Best of luck

• itskidactiveitskidactive Alum Member
    93 karma

Right there with you. Started studying around June 2019 and didn't do as well as I wanted for the October test. Some things motivating me are that there's still a solid 3 weeks to polish up on weaknesses. Each test varies in difficulty and January could be THE ONE. Also can handle/avoid test day factors like anxiety, being cold, having to go pee (CAUSE i drank too much water). Hope this helps and good luck!!

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

Maybe take a few days off - fully off - from LSAT studying and just go enjoy yourself. Sometimes pushing yourself too hard will make for diminishing (to negative) returns. A clear head and refreshed spirit might be helpful. Is there any possibility you can retake the test in March instead of January? Anyway I'm rooting for you! We're all in this together. Good luck!

• sarbear96sarbear96 Alum Member
    2 karma

Right there with you Hannah. I know it sucks even going on the LSAC site but looking at the breakdown of my score and where i derailed really help me figure out what I need to focus on before January 2020 rewrite

• anne greenanne green Alum Member
    4 karma

Hey Hannah, Take a break, clear your mind, and start studying again. Try to figure out what your weaknesses are, and work on those areas.

• ThrivingMagpieThrivingMagpie Alum Member
    17 karma

Taking a complete break from lsat is a good idea. Also, when you are analyzing your mistakes after taking a Preptest, use 7Sage and other resources as your last resort. Try to figure out the answers yourself first.

Stay strong and good luck.