Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studied for a year made a 142.

adrianna.m.hodgesadrianna.m.hodges Free Trial Member
in General 4 karma

So I'm re-taking my test in march of 202 but I don't know what to study anymore since the October LSAT didn't disclose what sections we did poorly on. I studied religiously up till the night of the LSAT and was consistently scoring between 162- 171. If anyone wants to form a study group or know how to study for this problem.

Comments

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

If you were scoring that highly and then got a 142, sounds like you just had a disaster of a day. The bright side is your knowledge is there. Sounds like you need to emphasize test conditions in your study and get better rest.

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    422 karma

When you were consistently scoring up that high, were you taking the tests untimed?

• MambaMentality93MambaMentality93 Live Member
    503 karma

If you were testing that high, it probably means that this 142 was an accident. Take a PT, BR it, assess your weaknesses and go from there!

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Were you surprised to see 142? Or did you panic that day and find yourself skipping and rushing through questions?

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

Wow. I am SO sorry that had to happen! That sounds like the absolute LSAT nightmare :(

What I think:

1) Assess your timing - is it really under time constraints that you are scoring 170?

2) Are you nervous? I feel like this was due to nerves

3) What was your state of mind the day of the exam? Were you focused? Were you rushing? Were you overthinking?

4) Was your mind blah? And by this I mean did you overwork yourself to the point where your mind just stops absorbing information? It could be a burnout. After the november exam I crashed. Like my brain would not absorb anything at all that was LSAT related. I was also really tired.

I think you should retake, and WHEN you score higher, you might have to write an adendum for the lower LSAT score (saying it was neves or whatever), depending on where you apply. If I rush or read carelessly or am super nervous my score can drop 10+ points. My score dropped 6pts on the day of my test, so theres that.

• mlhinklemlhinkle Member
    292 karma

Don't get down I Crack under pressure too. I've had days where I don't miss a thing and days where I get a 138. Mindset is so huge with all of this.

• RosenkranzRosenkranz Alum Member
    105 karma

What was your process?

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Was test anxiety a factor? We're here for you. Keep working on this test and we'll be on the journey together.