Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tips for building discipline?

sarahisksarahisk Member
in General 272 karma

I've been prepping on and off again over the past few months in preparation for the July test. It's only recently that I've gotten consistent with studying and have been increasing my hours.

I'm sure some others have also felt this, the disparity between the days that I enjoy lsat prepping and the days that I dread it have exhausted me. To be frank, I feel like I'm never going to get through the core curriculum, even with the % completion increasing every day.

Do any of you have tips for staying motivated or building discipline?

The only thing that has kept me from giving up is knowing what my goals are. Sometimes I'll say them out loud to myself or write them out on paper over and over again. Even if you don't believe in the power of manifestation (I'm not sure I do either) there's a lot of power in remembering what you want out of life.

I would love to know how you guys keep your heads up when the lsats are trying to drag you under.

Best of luck. x

Comments

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

Honestly, I feel like my motivation is more of a "compulsion" at this point. I find I have a hard time taking legitimate breaks. Like i HAVE to study.

I find the LSAT material very very dry and had a really hard time keeping my focus

I find taking breaks via logic games really helps (its like my reading break -- its also fun)

I also deleted all my social media apps recently cause they were distracting me (check your screen time, if you have an iphone)

If you are really having a hard time staying focused, drink a coffee, go to the library, no electronics, and only your PT -- youll literally be forced to do the PT, and do not leave until you do. I also find i better retain information when i write things down.

I hope this is helpful, goodluck :)