Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to study the week before the exam

Hi all,
It would be great if you guys could give me tips or ideas on what to study before the exam on the 13th. I am super anxious and not sure what to focus on. Anything any of you did to feel more comfortable or skills that needed reviewing would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• jcsemus19jcsemus19 Alum Member
    16 karma

I'm also taking the exam on the 13th so I can't offer anything that helped me on a previous test, but this week I've just focused on getting back to the basics on LR and practicing some LG. This week for me has been not really any different than my previuos studying, but just a little more scaled back. Tomorrow is my last day of studying and then I will just rest on saturday and sunday.

• JWellcomeJWellcome Member
    95 karma

I am taking it on that day as well. Today and tomorrow I am just doing some drills but no full practice tests. And I'm resting the whole day Sunday to clear my head. You will crush the test you got this!

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

At this point, maybe you want to take another PT tomorrow or Saturday, preferably in a public place like a library and as "simulated" (to mirror test-day conditions, including time of the day, etc.) as possible. But beyond that, just keep your brain fresh, maybe do some light reading here and there, get some exercise, eat well, and REST. Do something else. You don't want to be burnt out.

And then don't overthink it either. Treat test day just like any other day. Don't make the mistake of planning too little (know where you're going, how you're getting there, have your materials prepped, make sure you have something to eat before, etc.) but don't plan too much either. In other words, just treat it like a normal practice test. You're just doing the same thing again, and doing your best.

Especially if you're anxious about the test, that's the most important thing you can do. Practice meditation & controlled breathing and do whatever uplifts your spirit because that will make the most difference in terms of your performance on test day. At the same time, don't worry if you can't get yourself to relax--remember that the feeling of "stress" is your body's way of preparing you, and heightening your sense of awareness. But just, as much as you can, give your body the space to breathe without overstimulating it.

I'd also say, get off these forums. Looking through here for last minute tips, beyond anything about relaxation, probably isn't going to help! Just take what you've got, take a deep breathe and go kick some butt!

Good luck :smiley:

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I am also taking the test on Monday. I took a prep test today at Panera Bread and will be taking a proctored test on Saturday. In addition to those and reviewing their results I also made a long problem set of flaw questions that I am doing untimed. Anything I don't get right or don't feel comfortable with will be made into a Flashcard. I took PT 88 today and my best section was the last LR and I think it is because of how much I have worked on flaw questions. I will probably do a few reading comp passages and will work on some games each day. Not so much to try new games but really to work on statedgy and timing. I am making in a point not to study all the time. At this point I am trying to build confidence and sharpen skills.

• 242 karma

keep it light. Do some games at a coffee shop.