Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Should I complain? - 7Sage Forum

Should I complain?

jinnie871jinnie871 Free Trial Member
in General 189 karma

So I took the LSAT at Xyna international school in Canada.

• The test centre was noisy. Like there was a large vent which would go off at random times and it sounded like a drill.

• The proctor also wore heels, which made a lot of noise due to the wooden floor.

-People were talking during the break which I believe isn't allowed (during my previous test we were told not to talk to each other during the break)

I heard test centre complaints could delay your results or even result in a retest.

I'm applying to schools in Canada.

Yes or no
  1. Should I complain14 votes
    1. Don't complain
      42.86%
    2. Complain
      57.14%

Comments

• taschasptaschasp Alum Member Sage
    796 karma

I'm sorry you had an awful test taking experience. There's nothing more frustrating than gearing up for test day, only to have a bunch of noise get in the way and distract you. :(

As for your question, I voted No as my personal opinion, but I think you have a valid reason to complain on the first issue, that of the noisy vent. That being said, I don't think most of these complaints result in anything, so given the processing delay and the probable futility of lodging a complaint, I can't say I'd do it if I was in your position.

As for your other issues, I do not think they are worthy of making a complaint about. A proctor wearing heels might be a nuisance to you, but I don't think the LSAC is going to force proctors to wear shoes that produce less than a prescribed decibel of sound (though I think their no-water rule is already ridiculous, so who knows, maybe they will!). And as for your third point, there is no such rule, and if your previous test's proctor made such a claim then they were incorrect. One may not speak about the test during the break, but one is not prohibited from speaking outright.

Good luck!