Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question for previous LSAT takers

AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
in General 239 karma
In between the sections, i.e. section 1 and 2, is there a longer break than the 7Sage proctor on the app gives? On the app it seems like its about 20 seconds, but I've read on online forums you have time to take a sip of water and reset watches etc. Any insight?

Comments

• rblackshearrblackshear Alum Member
    104 karma
    they didn't skip a beat.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Same here. I didn't have anymore time than the 7sage proctor gives when I took it in December and September at different places.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    maybe a second or 2 more than the app
  • kclubs323kclubs323 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    275 karma
    @AlexanderL0 When I took it, I don't even think I had 10 seconds. The time was called, the proctor instructed us to turn to the next section, and then the timer started again. I think the 7Sage proctor is a bit generous in how much intermediate time it gives. But I don't think it really matters all that much; if you've practiced enough and if you're ready, it shouldn't throw you off.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    My proctor read the instructions for the next section just as practiced with the 7Sage app.
    IMO, the biggest thing you should work on is distractions. The proctors walking up and down the aisle was something I had not previously experienced and made me nervous the first half of the test.
  • amanda_kwamanda_kw Alum Member
    383 karma
    And do NOT take a sip of water in between. You can get in serious trouble for that. The proctors who allowed that were unusually kind human beings, but I wouldn't rely on your proctor being like that. Like others who have posted here, except for the break, there was no intermediate time between sections when I took the LSAT. Maybe 5 seconds? Just enough for the proctor to announce time was over and to start working on the new section.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    No, the only time you have time to take a sip of water is during the 15 min BREAK.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited April 2015 3438 karma
    Yes... there was no 'break' between sections during the test... the proctor calls time... then asks you to turn the page... at least that is how it was with me.
    edited April 2015 3438 karma
    And no... you will likely not be allowed to drink water during the test... the only time you can drink something is during your break... load up on fluids and use the rest room before the test starts so that you can last till the break...
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    Same here. No time in between sections, pretty much about the same as the proctor app.
  • alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    812 karma
    In my experience the lsat proctor on 7sage was a pretty realistic indicator of how the pacing would go during the real thing. One thing to keep in mind, after the break following the third section, be ready to have your brain clicking at 100% right when section 4 starts. I took me about a minute or two to get back in my groove.
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    6866 karma
    You're not supposed to get any time. If you do, consider it a gift from a clueless proctor.

I actually think that's a good thing. The last thing you need is more opportunities to let down your guard and torpedo your mindset. There are plenty of those as it is.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    "Put your pencils down. [Pause] Turn to the next section and begin."

Having no pause was awesome because it just feels like you're carrying the momentum from the previous section into the next. PRACTICE SETTING YOUR WATCH. I did not do this and totally forgot to set my watch around 5-10 minutes in the section so ended up taking the test without any real gauge of how much time I had left, which I'm pretty sure contributed to my score drop.
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    359 karma
    Just like @blah170blah says. Straight onto the next section.
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    Follow up question: Is there a clock timer in the front of the room at EVERY Lsat location? Thanks guys @blah170blah @"Nilesh S" @alexroark5 @jdawg113
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Mine was in the back of the room so no.
  • alexroark5alexroark5 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    812 karma
    no, bring your own watch
    3438 karma
    Not necessarily... I took mine at Penn Law and there was one there... but its always best to bring your own watch...
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    The clock in my testing room was located to the far right of the room.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    Don't think so, Ive heard of people not having one... but either way the one I had was too small and far to really use at all so I would def get a solid watch and now so you have plenty of time to practice with it