Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Apply blindly or wait?

LawDoggoLawDoggo Alum Member
in General 20 karma

Hey everyone, I’m in the 24-27 range so I’ve been out of school for a couple of years. I took the January LSAT and totally blanked during the logic games. I had been scoring in about the 170 range, but given that I didn’t finish or really even start two of the logic games, I’m pretty sure I’m looking at a 160 if not lower.

My plan is to apply for T14, but given my performance, my LSAT is probably going to turn out terrible. Unfortunately some of the apps are due before I’ll know my LSAT score. Do I shoot my shot? If I had to guess, I probably got a 157-160 (if I’m lucky).

Should I submit or just wait for next cycle? I feel like I’m getting ancient. Need advice urgently.

Comments

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

Hello LD! You are NOT ancient. I'm 39 and don't consider myself ancient....just "old"! On that note, let me impart some wisdom from the many ups and downs I've experienced through my adulthood.
    There's no need to hurry and worry. If you didn't get a score that you're satisfied with and know it won't be enough to apply to your top schools, then don't. Work on timing, test anxiety issues, etc. and take the test again. Most people will take it more than once, and for the same reasons. I didn't get anywhere near the score I needed on my first attempt, but at least now I know what to expect and what I need to work on.
    I would urge you to slow down and be present throughout this process. When I was younger I was incredibly impatient and goal-focused to an unhealthy extent, and I ended up burning out really quickly. Beginning this journey (on my second career path) I'm taking it one step at a time. Law school isn't going anywhere, and you should be applying with confidence. Also you'll most certainly make a stronger showing by being first to the party this fall, as opposed to last if you are trying to "squeeze in" now. Good luck and I wish you the best!

• LawDoggoLawDoggo Alum Member
    20 karma

Hey @OldLadyK , thanks so much for that. I really needed to hear this and I really appreciate it. You’re right about being the first to the party, that makes complete sense. Thank you thank you

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

You might be surprised and scored really well on that test. For my test, I predicted I got a 163 but actually got 6pts higher. I was so glad that I worked on my apps just incase. Worst case scenario you apply and they reject you. I'd say go for it.

• kzw402kzw402 Alum Member
    27 karma

Im in the same boat. Im taking the March LSAT and the two school im applying have March 1st deadline.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I am in the same boat. I completed the logic games but I had the real reading comp as my fifth section ( after thinking I had done well on reading comp in the second section of the test) and I had a hard time in that section, particularly with the compartive passage. I am having a hard time deciding on if I should apply or wait so I am working on getting everything together in the mean time. I may apply to 1 maybe 2 schools at most before the scores are released but could easily not apply to anything. I am looking for a similiar score as you and may totally have missed it.

• LawDoggoLawDoggo Alum Member
    20 karma

@FindingSage said:
    I am in the same boat. I completed the logic games but I had the real reading comp as my fifth section ( after thinking I had done well on reading comp in the second section of the test) and I had a hard time in that section, particularly with the compartive passage. I am having a hard time deciding on if I should apply or wait so I am working on getting everything together in the mean time. I may apply to 1 maybe 2 schools at most before the scores are released but could easily not apply to anything. I am looking for a similiar score as you and may totally have missed it.

How’d it go for you? I ended up doing pretty decently (165), but I decided to wait until next cycle. How about you?