PT89 BR with J.Y. on Jan. 29 - Feb. 16, 2 - 5pm ET

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited February 2020 in Study Groups 13940 karma

Hey 7Sagers, I'm leading BR calls for PT 89 (November 2019 LSAT).

There will be 16 sessions total.

All sessions will be from 2 - 5pm ET. Please see detailed schedule below.

What happens in these sessions?
For LR, I'll ask you to state which questions were circled for BR. We'll work through the questions the group nominates. If we run out of those questions, I'll select questions to cover. This BR call will be audio only.

For RC, we'll read the passage together, paragraph by paragraph. I'll ask you to make low resolution summaries of each paragraph. We'll use those low res summaries to build higher resolution summaries. Then, we'll answer the questions together. This BR call will be audio only.

For LG, we'll read through the game setup, determine the appropriate game board, translate the rules, then tackle each question. This BR call will have a visual component.

How should I prepare?
Have a clean, unmarked copy of the PT ready in front of you so we can read and answer the questions together. Please wear headphones and try to be in a quiet place.

Will these be recorded?
No, they will not.

Next Session
[none]

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/548935484

Meeting ID: 548 935 484

Dial by your location
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abmYGXOXir

Future Sessions
[none]

Obtaining PT 89
If you have an Ultimate+ account, you will be able to view and print PT 89 under the Syllabus. If you are enrolled in Starter, Premium, or Ultimate, you can also purchase PT 89 as an add-on to your existing course here.

Past Sessions
Wed, Jan 29
Section 2 - LR, Questions 1 - 14

Thur, Jan 30
Section 2 - LR, Questions 15 - 26

Sat, Feb 1
Section 2 - LR, Questions 1 - 14

Sun, Feb 2
Section 2 - LR, Questions 15 - 26

Mon, Feb 3
Section 3 - RC, Passage 1 - exhibiting works of art

Tue, Feb 4
Section 3 - RC, Passage 2 - rapidly expanding populations

Wed, Feb 5
Section 3 - RC, Passage 3 - competition to make computer chips

Thur, Feb 6
Section 3 - RC, Passage 4 - Benjamin Lee Whorf

Sat, Feb 8
Section 4 - LR, Questions 1 - 15

Sun, Feb 9
Section 4 - LR, Questions 16 - 25

Mon, Feb 10
Section 4 - LR, Questions 1 - 15

Tue, Feb 11
Section 4 - LR, Questions 16 - 25

Wed, Feb 12
Section 1 - LG, Game 1 - customer service

Thur, Feb 13
Section 1 - LG, Game 2 - soup recipe

Sat, Feb 15
Section 1 - LG, Game 3 - computer forensics

Sun, Feb 16
Section 1 - LG, Game 4 - factory sites

Comments

• HarrisHarris Core Member
    188 karma

Man thanks JY! Lord knows I need it...

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

Excellent!

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Thank you JY!

• Qiran_catranQiran_catran Alum Member
    103 karma

I can't wait to join this BR! Thank you so much for holding this as always JY!

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

Jy I saw this won't be recorded, is there any way to record the audio and post it on SoundCloud like previous BR calls you've done? I've benefitted tremendously from those and seen immediate improvement, especially with your RC strategy for reading dual author passages. I loved listening to the recordings during my commute (and listened to the recordings multiple times!) but I just can't make the live calls, unless there's a legal issue could you please find a way to record these BR calls?

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    13940 karma

@Markmark Sorry, I am worried about LSAC.

• CRISPR24CRISPR24 Alum Member
    262 karma

Hi JY, I would like to join the BR, but just not ready to take PT89 (want to save it for a later time). Would the session be recorded?

976 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    @Markmark Sorry, I am worried about LSAC.

@"J.Y. Ping" Didn't someone join a BR call with the name "LSAC something something?" I heard that on the last recording, that was pretty funny. Btw a lot of the material you and your team have produced have positively impacted my life and my way of thinking in huge ways, these cognitive and logical benefits make life better for my family too! I'm a better communicator because I recognize where I'm missing a SA in my communication and can clarify. Thanks!!

976 karma

@ciacduan said:
    Hi JY, I would like to join the BR, but just not ready to take PT89 (want to save it for a later time). Would the session be recorded?

Just to save you time they won't be recorded, I asked too

• MillyKillzLSATMillyKillzLSAT Alum Member
    24 karma

Can't participate because my kids are super loud BUT I think this it's great that you're doing this! Hopefully I'll be able to join one soon :)

• 63 karma

Hi. JY. When would 7 Sage be starting to upload the video explanations of PT 89 of already finished BR Sessions?

• Jay TeeJay Tee Alum Member
    298 karma

Also wondering how long before the video explanations are up once the BR sessions are done.

976 karma

@j.y. ping
    Thanks so much for holding these BR sessions!! I always come away with valuable lessons learned.

• LindseyDCLindseyDC Core Member
    190 karma

When will the next PT review be after this one? I am finally (nearly) done with the CC and ready to join these!! Thanks!)))

13940 karma

@"bill.chanhee.lee" @"Jay Tee" I'm hoping to get them all up by next Sunday, the 16th, fingers crossed!

@LindseyDC Not sure yet, but I'll announce here. Nice work with the CC!

• empocratesempocrates Alum Member
    edited February 2020 170 karma

@J.Y.Ping, i haven't gotten to PT89 yet, would you suggest to join the call anyway just for learning purposes?

13940 karma

@empocrates I don't think it's a good idea. Save PT 89!

13940 karma

Thanks everyone for participating! I learned a lot from each of you and I hope you learned something too.

The explanations for most of the question are up already and will all be up by Tuesday.
    https://7sage.com/lsat-explanations/