Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help please !!

njung007njung007 Member
edited February 2020 in Logic Games 55 karma

Thank you for opening this~

I'm registered for the Feb 22 exam so I am trying to be at max. efficiency level with my studying LOOL.
I was struggling with RC for the longest time but after EXTENSIVE review I think it's finally clicking with me.

My score per PT now depends on how I do on GAMES. I really want to get to that -0 / -2 (max) level by test day.
I only miss more than 2-3 on games that are a little "untraditional" (for example, PT 80 game 4). When I hit game 4 on PT 80, I stayed calm and tried to use intuition to push thru.. but got stuck... big time.

Do you all have any tips on how to improve on these kinds of games? Also, if you know any PTs with funky games please let me know!

To all my fellow February takers.. we got this!

Comments

• Achen165Achen165 Member
    656 karma

lsatblog.blogspot.com/2018/12/weird-curveball-lsat-logic-games.html

• ilovethelsatilovethelsat Member
    edited February 2020 348 karma

Here's my list of games I've struggled with before (some are funky, some not so much, but I'm pretty good at games and all of these got me somehow):

Dec 1994 Clan, Feb 1997 Train, Oct 1993 Game 3 (dance), June 1991 Game 1 (Klosnik), June 1995 Game 2 (planes); 70,3,game 1 Question 7; 6,4,1 (snakes); 6,4,4 (bridges); 7,2, 3 (judges, Datalog); 8, 2, 2(square lot); 74, 2, 4 (mnager of photography); 39, game 2; 33, 4 , game 2 (bird-watchers); 33,4,game 3 (stones); 19, game 4; 23, game 3; 21, game 2; 27, game 2 (zoo reptile); 28, game 2; 35, game 2; test 46, game 4 (there are lots of inferences); test 55, game 4 (definitely do this one!! fundy); test 56 game 4 (homestead); test 57 game 2 (otto, raines, etc.); 57 game 3 (dinosaurs and colors); 57 game 4 (grants); 73, section 3, game 2 (gold/rose room) - look at the substitution question at the end!!!; 73,3,4 (bouquets); PT 46, game 2 (cassettes)

• legalstateofmindlegalstateofmind Alum Member
    101 karma

Hi! congrats on improving on RC! I'm also struggling with RC at the moment.. if you don't mind, can you share some tips that helped you the most on your score improvement? and what your review process was?

• njung007njung007 Member
    55 karma
  • njung007njung007 Member
    55 karma

@kinameas1 Hey there~ I'd love to help!

I'm not sure if you are someone who reads a lot outside of the LSAT context but I definitely think reading dense non-LSAT material helped me train my brain. I studied economics in college so I whipped out old research papers and started reading them during my free time. Per paragraph, I summarized the findings into short phrases and said them out-loud to myself before moving on.
    I also started reading more news articles from my phone to get used to reading on an electronic device.
    I think incorporating these small habits into my non-LSAT daily routine helped a lot!

As for my actual RC review process: After every PT (as a Blind Review method), I would re-read the passage and write out explanations for EVERY SINGLE question. A lot of times, I found myself missing questions because I wasn't actively connecting the answer choices back to the passage; I would just choose an answer that sounded decently right and move on. Hence, writing everything out forced myself into getting into the habit of actively thinking through every component.

I did this for about 2 RC sections (so ~8 passages) a day, every day for about a week, and my score jumped! I went from averaging -7/-8 to -2.

Improving RC can be super tedious especially if you're not used to reading dense passages but don't give up! As you're reviewing each passage, keep a positive mindset-- tell yourself that you're learning something new in the process and that the passages are interesting.. HAHA!

I hope this helps and if you wanna chat more, just PM me. Good luck!!!

• legalstateofmindlegalstateofmind Alum Member
    101 karma

@boilingpoint7 thanks so much for sharing tips! that score jump is crazy, hope I can reach that point some day :0 I should really treat my RC review like I review my LR