Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Want to go to NYU, not the best gpa. What are my chances as a splitter

seanthelsatseanthelsat Member
edited February 2020 in General 54 karma

I have a 3.48 GPA. In college I was a premed major before switching to a BS in Sport Management. The worst grades that tanks my GPA are two classes I took as a premed major. With that being said my dream school would be NYU Law, I've taken the LSAT twice already went from a 148 -> 155. I'm aiming for 167+ (the lower 25th at NYU) and I'm a URM which I've heard helps. With my GPA am i crazy in thinking that I'd ever get into NYU? Any input/advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

nope, being a URM definitley helps. Just aim for a high as lsat as you can! 167 is a great goal! :)

• a_potatoa_potato Alum Member
    21 karma

It's def possible but just be sure to have your back-up schools ready just in case. LSAT carries much more weight than GPA so do your best to get that 167. Other decent schools in the area where you might get better scholarship offers tho: Fordham, St. johns, CUNY, Brooklyn Law. I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@seanthelsat said:
    I have a 3.48 GPA. In college I was a premed major before switching to a BS in Sport Management. The worst grades that tanks my GPA are two classes I took as a premed major. With that being said my dream school would be NYU Law, I've taken the LSAT twice already went from a 148 -> 155. I'm aiming for 167+ (the lower 25th at NYU) and I'm a URM which I've heard helps. With my GPA am i crazy in thinking that I'd ever get into NYU? Any input/advice would be appreciated.

If you can nail a 167+ as a URM, you will have a solid chance at getting into NYU!

What type of URM are you? I'm a AA URM at NYU. If you wanna chat feel free to DM and I'll let you know my stats.