Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many hours do you study CC on a daily basis?

shuhan2021shuhan2021 Alum Member
in General 26 karma

I feel that I can only spend 2 hours on CC materials per day, though I do have more time to work on it. I just feel that after 2 hours of CC learning, I can't really concentrate on it anymore....

And it is 95 hours in total, which kinda kills me... Right now I only completed 18%. Thanks god that JY is quite humorous~

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

well 95 hours is every single problem set which i dont think you need to do. 2 hours is good! as long as you are really focusing during those and absorbing the information, as the CC is the most important part, setting the foundation.

For me, during the CC, I was doing probably 3-4 hours a day and I found that to be good

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@walt2021 said:
    I feel that I can only spend 2 hours on CC materials per day, though I do have more time to work on it. I just feel that after 2 hours of CC learning, I can't really concentrate on it anymore....

And it is 95 hours in total, which kinda kills me... Right now I only completed 18%. Thanks god that JY is quite humorous~

When I was starting out and going through the CC, I would probably do around 2 hours of lessons per day. If it takes longer, then so be it. A good LSAT will change your life!

• shuhan2021shuhan2021 Alum Member
    26 karma

@lexxx745 said:
    well 95 hours is every single problem set which i dont think you need to do. 2 hours is good! as long as you are really focusing during those and absorbing the information, as the CC is the most important part, setting the foundation.

For me, during the CC, I was doing probably 3-4 hours a day and I found that to be good

Thank you for sharing your take on it! It is very encouraging! Thank you!

26 karma

@Alex said:

@walt2021 said:

When I was starting out and going through the CC, I would probably do around 2 hours of lessons per day. If it takes longer, then so be it. A good LSAT will change your life!

I know! A good LSAT is soooo rewarding.... Thank you for your sharing!

• LindseyDCLindseyDC Core Member
    190 karma

I feel like the first 45-50% is super time consuming. that's the part you just have to show up and push through. sometime's it takes way longer than the prescribed time. Once you get PAST the logical reasoning questions, the games are kind of fun and the % goes a lot faster.

I spend anywhere from 30 min. per day to 2 hours. on a weekend day i can get anywhere from 2 hours - 6 hours in. but that TAKES about 8-10 hours.

good luck!

• lethal_baconlethal_bacon Member
    107 karma

Working full time and commuting it can be really hard to get a good amount of study time in each day. I've been studying for a while and really trying to take my time on the CC. I usually can only manage 1-2 hours a day during the week and maybe 2-3 on the weekends. Within reason, I try to just take the time I need to really understand the core concepts and make sure I'm improving. I agree with some other posters here, the LR takes a decent amount of time, and oftentimes the harder question sets would take longer than the 30 minutes because I wanted to review them thoroughly. I feel like you're on a great track though, and it's far more important to understand and absorb the curriculum than to get through quickly (ideally we'd have both). You don't want to rush through things -- I've certainly been guilty of that -- only to have trouble with them during practice tests or have to take more time to go back to solidify them. Good luck!! :)

26 karma

@LindseyDC said:
    I feel like the first 45-50% is super time consuming. that's the part you just have to show up and push through. sometime's it takes way longer than the prescribed time. Once you get PAST the logical reasoning questions, the games are kind of fun and the % goes a lot faster.

I spend anywhere from 30 min. per day to 2 hours. on a weekend day i can get anywhere from 2 hours - 6 hours in. but that TAKES about 8-10 hours.

good luck!

Yeah, I am currently buried with the LR... Kinda hard for me.. Anyway, thanks for your sharing!!

26 karma

@lethal_bacon said:
    Working full time and commuting it can be really hard to get a good amount of study time in each day. I've been studying for a while and really trying to take my time on the CC. I usually can only manage 1-2 hours a day during the week and maybe 2-3 on the weekends. Within reason, I try to just take the time I need to really understand the core concepts and make sure I'm improving. I agree with some other posters here, the LR takes a decent amount of time, and oftentimes the harder question sets would take longer than the 30 minutes because I wanted to review them thoroughly. I feel like you're on a great track though, and it's far more important to understand and absorb the curriculum than to get through quickly (ideally we'd have both). You don't want to rush through things -- I've certainly been guilty of that -- only to have trouble with them during practice tests or have to take more time to go back to solidify them. Good luck!! :)

Thank you for your sharing! Yeah, I try to understand every point during this process!