Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LR and Overall Struggles

tahopgtahopg Alum Member
in General 15 karma

This March 30th will be my third attempt at the LSAT. My previous attempt saw no raise in my previous score. Even though i thought that i studied a fair bit throughout the summer plus throughout the closing months of the year. My main focus over the summer was logic games, but then when the test came around i got 1 logic game section and 3 LR sections. The previous test that i took was the November test and before that the test i took was October almost a year before.

Right now my main focus is everything. There are about 40 Days until the test and im still not confident. In hardly any section. I do the timed sections of LR, ive just adapted the circle method and going through the whole section over again trying to make sure i have every answer right but i seem to be falling for the same traps.

I feel as if once i hit question 14 of every LR section i get 3/4 of the questions wrong from there on out. I am struggling to get 15/25 correct on these LR sections. Even when i double down and think that my answer was the correct answer most of the time im wrong, especially past question 13 or 14. Its really killing my confidence.

I'm genuinely scared of whats to come, i wanted to start Law School this September as i graduated undergrad this past semester.

How long are people studying per day, I have been doing 3-4 hours a day, but the lack of improvement is getting in my head.
Should i just keep brute forcing these LR sections doing the circle method or the blind review method i think he calls it and hopefully get better? How often do you guys take full tests and how many should i be doing.

I just want to get into a groove where i can take a practice test or two a week and be happy with my score.

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Sounds to me like you need to get a better grasp on the fundamentals. I’d suggest focusing on untimed work until you can get the score that you want untimed and then slowly start integrating timed work. Make sure you foolproof games and BR all your timed sections. After that phase it’s time to start PTing. Also, I wouldn’t sit for the March exam if you know you’re not ready. Regroup and focus on the coming cycle.

Good luck!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Im doing about 4-5 hours a day,
    During the CC and in the beginning I was doing more, to really learn the fundamentals

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

Hard to really figure out what's going wrong without seeing your work but I'm concerned about that error rate in LR. If you have taken two lsats already and got the same score then something has to change or you'll end up with the same score again and I do not necessarily think just ploughing through many hours of pts is going to fix that. I'd recommend perhaps a bit of a reset, either review the fundamentals or use another resource like the Lsat Trainer or Loophole to see if you can't figure out what's gone wrong.

You can also join a study group and BR with other people. You are more likely to spot errors in your line of thinking if you hear how others process questions.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

My honest take on this is to not take the test in March. Missing that many points in one section of LR shows that you are still missing some fundamentals. If you try to cram you may score the same score in March but you may put so much pressure on yourself you may score worse. Very few schools will accept the March results anyway. You are much better taking your time and really mastering the fundamentals. I have delayed as well and I am older applicant so I understand the pressure to take the test and get to law school. But I now also understand that without getting financial aid getting that law degree can easily be $300,000. There is a study group that is preping toward the June/July test that I am in if you would like to join. I would also reccomend going back through the CC here and purchasing The Loophole in Logical Reasoning, I think it may help you a lot.

• tahopgtahopg Alum Member
    15 karma

@FindingSage said:
    My honest take on this is to not take the test in March. Missing that many points in one section of LR shows that you are still missing some fundamentals. If you try to cram you may score the same score in March but you may put so much pressure on yourself you may score worse. Very few schools will accept the March results anyway. You are much better taking your time and really mastering the fundamentals. I have delayed as well and I am older applicant so I understand the pressure to take the test and get to law school. But I now also understand that without getting financial aid getting that law degree can easily be $300,000. There is a study group that is preping toward the June/July test that I am in if you would like to join. I would also reccomend going back through the CC here and purchasing The Loophole in Logical Reasoning, I think it may help you a lot.

Why wouldn't any law school take my March LSAT applications are due May 1st