Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is it bad that it's taking me 30 mins each to do 2 sets of Logic Games as a beginner?

Mihael K.Mihael K. Alum Member
edited February 2020 in Logic Games 76 karma

I only got to the Logic Games section of the Core Curriculum two days ago, and I just finished Problem Set 4. The problem sets on the CC are all 2 games each, which should be done in 17.5 mins. However, I'm getting them done in like 30 mins which is way over the time limit, but I've gotten all the answers right (every single one) and my methodology is right.

Is it bad it's taking me this long to do them (as I only recently started), or am I expected to be doing them within the lsat time period (17 mins) as a beginner? Will my timing improve as I go on? I'm worried.

Comments

• nameisnotmikenameisnotmike Alum Member
    edited February 2020 27 karma

I wouldn't worry too much about time considering you just started. At this stage you should really focus on drawing all the correct inferences and on accuracy. Time will come with repetition. I believe it was taking me around 15 minutes a game early on as well, and I typically get -0 on logic games now.

• DivineRazeDivineRaze Alum Member
    550 karma

@"Mihael K." As @nameisnotmike already said, at this point get your inferences and accuracy down. As your proficiency regarding LG increases, the faster your times will become without you even realizing it. For example, an artist that understand anatomy can draw the body of a person quicker, and with less mistakes. An artist that does not have a sufficient understanding of anatomy will draw and erase, make more mistakes, which lead to backtracking and wasting time.

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

Yeah they're gonna take some time before you figure it all out. That's normal. Keep progressing!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Yep. Agree with both comments. I dont think theres good or bad. Of course theres "ideal," but as long as you are doing it, and are able to be consistent, youll reach your goal in no time

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Like everyone else said, don’t worry, keep practicing and it will come! I think having patience is one of the most important steps in maintaining a good mental state when studying for this exam. Most people want instant gratification or expect to be an anomaly or “natural” at the LSAT- which just isn’t the case for 99% of us. Trust the process, keep working hard and you will reap the rewards!

Good luck!

• Took me 47 minutes to do a logic game during my first week of studying. A new game takes me no more than 13m now. Do not stress! You will be great. Keep pushing.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Piggybacking everybody on top of me. You are ok. If you start understanding the inferences and rules, you will begin seeing them repeat themselves. It will just seem so much easier. It took me five months of studying before LG clicked for me. I ended up around -0/-1 for every PT

• BiliJeanBiliJean Member
    42 karma

Noooooooo. I took forever when I first started as time goes on you will so get better/faster. I celebrated the other day because I got to finish 3 games during a timed exam and only got a few wrong like 3-4 and I was so happyyyyyy!