Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying break for a month

Gatsby96Gatsby96 Member
in General 102 karma

Is it okay to take a break from lsat studying for a month to commit to other things ? Do you guys think I will lose the flow or the logics of everything I’ve learned so far ? Been studying since October 2019

Comments

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

I took a bit of a break from March of last year to about October. Got my best score ever in January. No one ever said the LSAT was a continuous linear process, do what you need to do.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

a month is pretty long. Idk its different for everyone. Im not a fan of complete breaks but even just a game a day or a couple questions isnt a bad idea? Thats like 10-20 minutes.

do some light reading on the side? like economist or something

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

I’ve seen a lot of people say they’ve come back revitalized and actually hit their highest PT after taking a break. With that being said everyone is different, I don’t think I could physically go a month without any studying. In any case I think you’d be fine.

• Gatsby96Gatsby96 Member
    102 karma

Thanks everyone!

• erherb5erherb5 Member
    5 karma

I took 2 weeks off and it has been very difficult to get back into it. I have the skills but I feel like I lost all of my ability to concentrate for long periods of time. I'm hoping in the long run this was the right decision, but I'm definitely not seeing my top score right away. It probably depends on what your strengths and weaknesses are and how long you've been studying.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I think there's so much going on right now that we should forgive ourselves if some breaks are needed.