Time Poor - Revision Strategy

ceyung97ceyung97 Core Member
edited February 2020 in General 54 karma

Hi All,

I'm two weeks into the CC 7sage Premium course. Whilst, I am finding it very helpful, I understand that the arduous exercises assumes a level of time not everyone has. I am sitting an LSAT at the end of March and I know I may only get through the CC with a week to spare.

Hence, would it be best for my improvement to just start taking PTs alongside the CC work now?

There is another LSAT at the end of June that I may take, however, the underlying issue here is that I just won't be sure where I'm at bc I am not doing PTs or at least timed sections.

For context, I am currently taking gap year, I finished my Bachelor's last year and did a lot of things out side of study (except for go overseas) so I am hoping to spend at least 3 months overseas this year so I can come back refreshed for Law - which I expect to be difficult.

Cheers,
Conor

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

When are you planning to go to law school? 2021? If you are applying 2020 I wouldnt even take the March LSAT. All of this is dependent on your goals obviously and which law school you want to go to. I would first take a diagnostic to see how far you are away from your goal law school

Due to the 3x per year new limit, i wouldnt even take March honestly. If you are applying 2020 then July and October sounds better. and maybe a late take early 2021 or something.

See theres two options. You could either be a genius and score incredibley close to your goal law school score already, in which case a diagnostic needs to be taken to determine this, and then taking March is fine.

Or you could be so far away, in which you still need to take a diagnostic to determine. In that case, dont take March and wait till July. Finishing the CC with a week to spare until March isnt nearly enough time

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Although its true that law schools take the highest score, i really dont see any point in taking an LSAT in which you KNOW you are underprepared. An applicant with less takes with the same highest score should do better

• jja22-ajjjja22-ajj Member
    4 karma

Where are you at with the course and have you taken a diagnostic yet? If you're taking the March LSATs I would recommend to start taking at least 1 PT per week until then. From your display name is looks like you're trying to get into the JD program at Melbourne Uni and with their application process, the 3 times limit per year for the LSATs won't apply to you (since there are only 3 LSATs left until deadlines for applications).