Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

COLUMBIA LAW ON FULL SCHOLARSHIP

Mike_RossMike_Ross Alum Member Sage
in General 3106 karma

Hi all,

It’s taken a few weeks for the news to settle in, but just wanted to share this wonderful piece of news. A few weeks ago, I learned that I got accepted to Columbia on a full tuition Hamilton scholarship!!

I never imagined such a possibility before I submitted my apps and I certainly never thought I’d get into a school like Columbia when I began my journey here at 7sage but here I am with this awesome piece of news and I am so grateful for all the help I got along the way from this community

Special shoutout to @"Lucas Carter" @"Cant Get Right" Rav, Alex Divine and many more

Most importantly, I’m sharing because I know many of you are right where I was at one point in my prep: dreading the score result of your PT after your Blind Review, reading another success story and wondering when your turn will come, wondering whether this journey is going to turn out the way you hope, fearing if you’ll ever get LG, etc etc

I just want to share some encouragement here: keep going! It’s totally worth it!

For perspective:

I invested about $5000 total on LSAT prep (programs/books/tutors/travel/lodging)

With this Columbia scholarship alone ($200,000 plus) I’ve effectively made a 4000% return. I get to attend a T6 tuition free!

So if you’re deliberating about whether or not to get a tutor, whether you should spend that extra $X to stay the night in a hotel before your LSAT instead of getting up an hour earlier to drive, ultimate+ or starter? reflect on the long term returns. Treat your LSAT prep as a long term investment!

If anyone is interested in learning about my journey, I’ve shared tips and advise in the past (check my post history)

If I can sum it all here, I’d say: worry about getting good before getting fast

And:

TRUST THE PROCESS

7sage and this community is all you need!

Best of luck everyone and feel free to PM me anytime!

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

CONGRATULATIONS! You deserve it!

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4300 karma

Huge accomplishment and well deserved. Congrats!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Congrats!

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

Very nice!

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

Amazing! congrats.

• cris1222cris1222 Member
    186 karma

Congrats!!

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

Wow, this is incredible and I am so proud of you! The Hamilton at Columbia (and the Ruby at Chicago) is the absolute pinnacle of legal education. It beats any other possible outcome. You’ve earned an opportunity giving you enormous empowerment. All of the benefits of an elite legal education are yours with none of the burdens which are quite substantial. You will be free to pursue whatever path you like. Go make the most of it! So happy for you!

• Congratulations!

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

This is awesome news. :)

• Carol Y.Carol Y. Member
    33 karma

Congrats!! I'm wondering if you used the admissions consultation service provided by 7Sage?

• Mike_RossMike_Ross Alum Member Sage
    3106 karma

@"Carol Y." said:
    Congrats!! I'm wondering if you used the admissions consultation service provided by 7Sage?

I did not!

• ReginaSpiewakJonesReginaSpiewakJones Alum Member
    177 karma

Amazing!

• Amit.DhakaAmit.Dhaka Member
    61 karma

fantastic achievement!! congratulations!

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

Another lovely 7sage success story. Congrats!!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Congratulations!!!

• foreverconfusedforeverconfused Alum Member
    123 karma

WOWWWW huge news, congratulations!!!

• AutumnMoon88AutumnMoon88 Alum Member
    65 karma

CONGRATS!!! Thanks for sharing!

• NinoSaniNinoSani Alum Member
    100 karma

CONGRATS! Thank you for the words!

• valexander7valexander7 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

Congratulations Mike.. who did you get for a tutor! After having 1 1/2 tutors .. money felt like in all went down the drain.. but since I need one.. what the heck, who was your help?

3106 karma

@valexander7 said:
    Congratulations Mike.. who did you get for a tutor! After having 1 1/2 tutors .. money felt like in all went down the drain.. but since I need one.. what the heck, who was your help?

@"Lucas Carter" and @"Cant Get Right" were my tutors

I tutor now as well too!

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    edited February 2020 3279 karma

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    It beats any other possible outcome.

Debatable. OP, I'm assuming you'll get into the other top schools. Don't be too quick to commit to Colombia. Check out this long thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57313

Congrats!

3106 karma

@10000019 said:

@"Cant Get Right" said:
    It beats any other possible outcome.

Debatable. OP, I'm assuming you'll get into the other top schools. Don't be too quick to commit to Colombia. Check out this long thread: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=57313

Congrats!

Thanks for sharing! Yup I’m still waiting to hear back from a few! I’m already extremely blessed but I’m going to wait till the absolute last minute before making a decision

• cadebiyi1cadebiyi1 Alum Member
    37 karma

Congrats!!!! That's really exciting news.

• CRISPR24CRISPR24 Alum Member
    262 karma

Congratulations! If I could ask, how long did it take for you to achieve your target score? I have seen many posts from you following JY’s explanation videos. Do appreciate your comments!

3106 karma

@ciacduan said:
    Congratulations! If I could ask, how long did it take for you to achieve your target score? I have seen many posts from you following JY’s explanation videos. Do appreciate your comments!

Hey man glad to hear the posts helped!

Total 18 months of studying while working full time

• BadReasoning2022BadReasoning2022 Alum Member
    110 karma

Very encouraging

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

Best news I've heard all day. So proud of you! Let's chat sometime...

• crossabygailcrossabygail Member
    14 karma

Congratulation!!

3106 karma

@MovingtheThreeMountains2020 said:
    Very encouraging

@crossabygail said:
    Congratulation!!

Thank you!

@2ndTimestheCharm said:
    Best news I've heard all day. So proud of you! Let's chat sometime...

Thanks! Sure message me any time!

• akitagogoakitagogo Alum Member
    89 karma

Congrats!!! This is very encouraging news! Could you please share your experience when you were having difficulties breaking the plateau and what strategies you used? Congrats!!!

3106 karma

@akitagogo said:
    Congrats!!! This is very encouraging news! Could you please share your experience when you were having difficulties breaking the plateau and what strategies you used? Congrats!!!

Hey thank you!

I shared a list of points that I considered game changers for me in a previous post in the link below. I cannot stress enough how important BR, Reviewing and modifying strategies to account for errors made is. I would keep practicing these strategies in daily warm ups to make them a habit

https://7sage.com/forums/discussion/21717/140s-to174-thank-you-7sage#latest

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

@Mike_Ross said:

Congratulation!!! It is a great news! Very encouraging!!!
    I am working full time and studying LSAT part-time now. I have been struggling to find the time to study LSAT during the week as I am so tired after work and it is hard for me to focus on studying. During the weekend, still have some errands or cleaning to do. Would you like sharing your study schedule when you prepared LSAT? Thank you so much!

3106 karma

@Alice003 said:

@Mike_Ross said:

Congratulation!!! It is a great news! Very encouraging!!!
    I am working full time and studying LSAT part-time now. I have been struggling to find the time to study LSAT during the week as I am so tired after work and it is hard for me to focus on studying. During the weekend, still have some errands or cleaning to do. Would you like sharing your study schedule when you prepared LSAT? Thank you so much!

Hey thanks so much!

A lot more details can be found in my previous comment history but my study schedule was basically:

4-4.5 hours a night on mon-thurs
    1-2 hours fri
    6-8 hours (sometimes 10) on sat/sun

I worked full time and still managed to keep this schedule but I had to cut a lot of stuff I considered less important from
    My schedule

• Mario RoboMario Robo Alum Member
    266 karma

Congrats!!! Wow!!

What was your LSAT score? and did you have job experience?

3106 karma

@"Mario Robo" said:
    Congrats!!! Wow!!

What was your LSAT score? and did you have job experience?

Hey thanks! I got a 174 and yes 5 years work experience

• ThankfulBlessedThankfulBlessed Core Member
    33 karma

Congratulations! I have 4 years of work experience and will be testing this fall! I currently work full-time! Your story is so encouraging! Thank you so much for sharing your testimony because it is so inspiring. I pray the best for you as you decide on which top law school to attend! Congratulations on Harvard as well :smiley:

• rhendzelrhendzel Member
    18 karma

What was your diagnostic score? Congrats, amazing achievement!

• 99thPercentileOrDieTryin99thPercentileOrDieTryin Free Trial Member
    652 karma

Congrats! All the hard work truly is worth it on the other side of the admissions process! I also earned a return on my LSAT expenses (around $3k total) of over 3000%. Is the effort worth it? Emphatically: yes!

3106 karma

@rhendzel said:
    What was your diagnostic score? Congrats, amazing achievement!

Hey! I share more tips in previous posts but it was a 153 untimed

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin said:
    Congrats! All the hard work truly is worth it on the other side of the admissions process! I also earned a return on my LSAT expenses (around $3k total) of over 3000%. Is the effort worth it? Emphatically: yes!

Most definitely!