Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official February 2020 LSAT Discussion Thread ⚖

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official February 2020 LSAT Discussion Thread.

Please keep all discussions of the February 2020 LSAT here!

Rules:
You can identify experimental sections. 🙆‍♀️
You can say things such as the following:

• I had two LGs! Was the LG with "flowers" real or experimental?
  • I had two RCs! Was the section that starts with the honeybee passage real?
  • I had three LRs! Does anyone know if the first LR section with the goose question is real?”

You can't discuss specific questions. 🙅‍♂️
You CANNOT say things such as the following:

• Hey, the 3rd LG was sequencing and the last one was In/Out, right? (Don't mention the game type)
  • The last question in the first LR section was a lawgic heavy MBT! Was the answer (B)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)
  • What was the answer for the last question of RC? I think it was an inference question? Was the answer (C)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)

Comments

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!! LET'S BRING HOME THESE 180'S!!!!!!

• H96 J.DH96 J.D Alum Member
    142 karma

I got
    LR
    LG
    RC
    LG
    LR

WHAT’t the LG EXPERIMENTAL. Please

• jinnie871jinnie871 Free Trial Member
    189 karma

@"H96 J.D" said:
    I got
    LR
    LG
    RC
    LG
    LR

Please list the game topics :)

• H96 J.DH96 J.D Alum Member
    142 karma

Ugh i can’t remember,

• skslaxplayerskslaxplayer Free Trial Member
    4 karma

I also had LG experimental. One had people sitting across from each other in a banquet, the other section had Stors and ultrastors.

189 karma

@skslaxplayer said:
    I also had LG experimental. One had people sitting across from each other in a banquet, the other section had Stors and ultrastors.

According to powerscore, store and ulstors was real.

• skslaxplayerskslaxplayer Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@jinnie871 said:

@skslaxplayer said:

According to powerscore, store and ulstors was real.

PHEW I hope so, I bombed the seating one.

• mortgagemortgage Member
    37 karma

Yes, Stores and Ultrastores was in my only LG test.

37 karma

How long does it take to get your score these days?

• JDream2023JDream2023 Alum Member
    984 karma

LG topics: bays and reefs, doctor and nurses, seating across and next to, and maybe, paintings?

This section I think was experimental because it was in “another language”

🤦🏽‍♀️

984 karma

How do you guys feel after taking the test? I think I could had used more practice on the LG. Reading comprehension was decent. It wasn’t too difficult to understand. And LR, was decent as well. They might not curve this too much.

• laywer1313laywer1313 Alum Member
    15 karma

I had

LR
    RC - ice cores, gold, poetry
    LR - hand wash/blow dry, clock on buses
    LR
    LG - Stores & Ultra Stores, cousins taking a picture

• elijah.barrishelijah.barrish Alum Member
    33 karma

I found the LR and RC to be somewhat harder than my average PT, and the LG to be somewhat easier than my average PT.

• emmorensemmorens Core Member
    1470 karma

Did anyone have experimental LR? I had 3 and can't tell which one(s) were real

• Future non trad law studentFuture non trad law student Free Trial Member
    24 karma

I had the experimental logic games section. Here's hoping that the one with the banquet seating arrangement was experimental. I felt much more comfortable with the other LG section.

189 karma

@emmorens said:
    Did anyone have experimental LR? I had 3 and can't tell which one(s) were real

https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=31921

• nameisnotmikenameisnotmike Alum Member
    27 karma

I only had one LG section, and the one with ultrastores and stores was definitely the real one. I felt pretty good about the LG and logical reasoning section. I feel like the RC is really going to kill me. Didn't feel too great about it.

• alinnazarianalinnazarian Alum Member
    7 karma

I had LR, LG, LR, LR, LG. How do we find out which one was the experimental section?

• farahzayatfarahzayat Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@"H96 J.D" said:
    I got
    LR
    LG
    RC
    LG
    LR

Same. I believe it's the third one.

• mcanderson08mcanderson08 Member
    6 karma

Anyone else felt drained for hours after?

189 karma

@mcanderson08 said:

Yes

• BiliJeanBiliJean Member
    42 karma

@"H96 J.D" said:
    I got
    LR
    LG
    RC
    LG
    LR

I got the same one! Really praying the 1st game was experimental because I had a hard time with it.

• BiliJeanBiliJean Member
    42 karma

@jinnie871 said:

@mcanderson08 said:

Yes

I slept for 4 hrs straight afterwards. My brain felt like I was on drugs, everything was moving so fast.

• parso341parso341 Member
    93 karma

Does anyone know if the LR section with the strengthen question about nephrons and kidney disease was real or experimental?

• GoPackGoGoPackGo Member
    3 karma

GUYS! I'm taking the LSAT tomorrow (alternate date for religious reasons, can't take the test on Saturdays). Can someone please give me any tips they found helpful on how they stayed focused etc? So nervous!!!!

• Adam Z. XieAdam Z. Xie Member
    127 karma

@GoPackGo said:
    GUYS! I'm taking the LSAT tomorrow (alternate date for religious reasons, can't take the test on Saturdays). Can someone please give me any tips they found helpful on how they stayed focused etc? So nervous!!!!

Hey,

I hope that this is not too late for you:

This is usually what I do - take an easy (three) passage, three easy (three) LRs, and one easy (three*) LG before the test - this helps me to warm up and I would not panic during the first section.

Immediate before my test, after I have been assigned to my seat, I would close my eyes and imagine myself floating in a empty universe, where nothing exist but my conciousness - this helps me to relax.

Finally, during the test, nothing is more important than stop thinking about any previous question once I have chosen my answers. And keep reminding myself that I have seen and done the majority of LSAT questions boost my confidence at times of self--doubt.

Hope this helps, and wish you best of luck tomorrow!

:smile:

984 karma

G> @mortgage said:

How long does it take to get your score these days?

I believe the scores will be released on March 17.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, guys.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

A quick tech question: If you use highlighting sometimes, how was this feature on the tablet?

• fox...11fox...11 Alum Member
    50 karma

For anyone that has taken the LSAT recently, I have a few questions as I have never taken one.

1) How were the highlighting and underlining features? Easy or did it set you back at all?

2) Are you able to cancel out answer choices like you can on 7Sage PTs?

3) I have heard you are given a booklet for scratch paper, is this the case?

Any other tips on your test taking experience is also helpful!
    I'm still months out but nervous thinking about it.

984 karma

@surgesoda said:
    For anyone that has taken the LSAT recently, I have a few questions as I have never taken one.

1) How were the highlighting and underlining features? Easy or did it set you back at all?

I highlighted with stylus and finger. It is same as the PTs on 7Sage. It was fine.

2) Are you able to cancel out answer choices like you can on 7Sage PTs?

It’s exactly the same.

3) I have heard you are given a booklet for scratch paper, is this the case?

Yes.

Any other tips on your test taking experience is also helpful!
    I'm still months out but nervous thinking about it.

• babyyodafanpagebabyyodafanpage Alum Member
    73 karma

Did anyone have issues with the scratch paper? Like was it too thin and/or was the watermark annoying? Your pencil going through the paper?
    Also how exactly does the Ipad thing prop up? Does it have a kickstand or is it more adjustable than that?
    Any issues with the stylus?
    Thanks!

• 776 karma

@nreifenb-1 - honestly this scartch paper was a lot better than the september digital LSAT
    i would not stress with that.
    stylus - i didnt use it. i think the LSAC one is pretty garbage.
    i used my pencil to follow through - and when i had to underline, clicked highlight on the few words and moved on
    a lot better experience for me than the septmebr LSAT
    DM if you have any questions...

984 karma

Scores are getting released tomorrow 🤭

37 karma

Scratch paper was good. Stylus was pretty good. Although I did stab at selecting C on the last question of a Logical Reasoning section twice and it didn't make the selection. Not sure if the problem was my accuracy or how hard I was stabbing it, but I failed there.

Scores are emailed I suppose?