Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Post-CC breaking 170+, still not feeling comfortable with material?

seriouslyseriously Alum Member
edited March 2020 in General 199 karma

Hey guys,

I just finished the CC, and my first two timed tests have been above a 170 (first one 173, and second one 176 with BR: 180), which is really encouraging! I'm trying to follow @"Cant Get Right"'s post-CC strategy, which advocates a first phase of just getting comfortable with the material, and then a second phase of timing/execution strategies once you feel comfortable with the material. The thing is, even though I'm breaking 170, I'm still feeling VERY uncomfortable and uncertain about a LOT of questions during the test, and my scores have come as a genuine surprise. I honestly feel like I'm flying by the seat of my pants on almost every section, and have a tough time identifying the relevant concepts for each question. It feels like I'm working off of intuition rather than complete understanding.

My question is whether, given this information, I should move on to execution strategies or whether it would be wiser to spend more time trying to understand and re-learn some of the material?

Comments

• drbrown2drbrown2 Alum Member
    2227 karma

Congratulations on your PT scores! I think you will feel comfortable with the materials as you take more PTs and do more BR. During the actual PT you need to maintain momentum and there are going to be some questions you only have a fuzzy understanding of what's going on. Circle those for BR and then use your time in BR to fully analyze the stuff going on in the stimulus and in each correct and incorrect answer.

I don't think you need to re-learn any of the material unless you still don't understand a particular question type during BR when timing isn't an issue. Keep doing what you're doing and don't sacrifice the quality of your BR and you're going to be just fine.

One thing you should consider once you've taken more PTs is to do a group BR call or work with other students scoring lower than you. Explaining your reasoning coherently to someone else may help you understand the questions in a way that builds on your intuitive understanding.

• seriouslyseriously Alum Member
    199 karma

@drbrown2 Super helpful! Thank you.

• I'm totally new at this, so I don't have an answer to your question, but could I get a link to @"Cant Get Right"'s post-CC strategy? I searched on the forums for it, but didn't see it.

• Amazing! Bookmarking it for when I get there. Thank you.