Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My BR template for LR

MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member

Hi, over the past year or so I've constantly been updating my blind review template based on what instruction from tutors and mentors, from the 7Sage CC, from The Loophole, from all-star sages and also based on what I find benefits me most when I BR a question.

If you have any questions or suggestions I'd love to hear them! Hope this benefits you.

PT, Q, Q type:

The best way to do these questions is:

Motto for Q type:

Translation Drill (after looking at the stim once, process the information and repeat it in abbreviated form here.):

Conclusion Premises Background info:

Referential phrasing:

Cookie Cutter logical layout (Method of Reasoning and structure):

Flaw:

My Prediction / prephrase:

Blind Review (BR) and Answer Choices (ACs) - why is the AC right? Why wrong?
Test writer review (TWR) – Why is this AC on the test in the first place? What is the trap set for this wrong AC? Who are they trying to fool?
Seek mastery

A.
TWR.

B.
TWR.

C.
TWR.

D.
TWR.

E.
TWR.

Teach a parallel question:

Takeaways:

Comments

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Thanks so much for sharing! This is super helpful! What would be an example of "Motto for Q type?"

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

@Hopeful9812 said:
    Thanks so much for sharing! This is super helpful! What would be an example of "Motto for Q type?"

A motto for the question type might be "See the support" for a MC question, or "Wrecking ball / bridge" for a NA question. To be honest I don't use the "motto" section almost at all now, but I did when I was drilling a lot of specific question types.

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

@Markmark, thanks!

• Granger DangerGranger Danger Alum Member
    717 karma

Hey @Markmark, this post was so helpful, thank you for posting. Two questions for you- what do you mean when you say "teach a parallel question" at the bottom? Look for/gather other similar questions? Just curious.

Also, do you use this BR method for both RC and LR? Sorry if that is a stupid question, but that is unclear to me. Thanks.

976 karma

@"Princess Carolyn" said:
    Hey @Markmark, this post was so helpful, thank you for posting. Two questions for you- what do you mean when you say "teach a parallel question" at the bottom? Look for/gather other similar questions? Just curious.

Also, do you use this BR method for both RC and LR? Sorry if that is a stupid question, but that is unclear to me. Thanks.

Hi so teach a parallel question means try coming up with an example of your own using the same question. An example of mine would be PT86.1.2 a MC question. My "parallel question" would be:

Teach a parallel question: Some researchers say that cardinals are the most beautiful bird. But bluejays are the most beautiful. Bluejays have vibrant colors.

So here I just took the same structure of the question's conclusion, inserted my own content, and tried to mimic what the test writer wrote.

Is that helpful? I don't use this for RC

717 karma

Thanks! Helpful.

• 1058 karma

Mark, this is so awesome! Thank you for sharing it!

976 karma

@Stellaluna said:
    Mark, this is so awesome! Thank you for sharing it!

Thanks for saying so! All the best

717 karma

@Markmark would you be willing to share your RC BR template at all? I've been using your LR template for the last week and it has been so helpful especially with making up own own parallel questions. Thanks.

976 karma

@"Princess Carolyn" said:
    @Markmark would you be willing to share your RC BR template at all? I've been using your LR template for the last week and it has been so helpful especially with making up own own parallel questions. Thanks.

Hey I actually use the same template for RC, there are just a lot of spaces I don't fill in. I mainly just use the same template to have the ACs laid out and to write in takeaways. Glad it's helping for LR!