Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could go back to the beginning of your LSAT journey, what would you do differently?

LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
in General 500 karma

For those of you who have started law school or have gotten your target score, what advice do you wish you were given at the beginning of your LSAT journey? Knowing what you know now, what would you do differently?

Comments

• 776 karma

Find a tutor on day one....

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Speak directly with people who had been through the LSAT and applications. Join 7Sage much sooner. Realize some books don't have real LSAT questions and avoid them. Somehow find my admissions essay topics sooner, but maybe it was meant to take awhile. Worry less about the scores and more about what it takes to get scores I'd be happy with. Consider not taking a diagnostic. If one was taken, then retake it at some point. Realize RC is pretty subjective and what works for one person might not work for another person.

• 99thPercentileOrDieTryin99thPercentileOrDieTryin Free Trial Member
    edited April 2020 652 karma

7Sage ultimate+.

I thought it was too expensive at first. I bought it after I’d already spent $2000 on other materials that weren’t as good.

I raised my score by 6 points and I’m going to my dream school now.

• Mario RoboMario Robo Alum Member
    266 karma

Start studying earlier.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

not burn through as many PTS

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Talk to as many tutors and professionals as possible. You will get a much better idea of what you actually need to accomplish as opposed to what you think you need to do. They are probably not the same thing.

• LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
    500 karma

@Trusttheprocess said:
    Find a tutor on day one....

Would you recommend the 7Sage approved tutors?

• LegallyBrunette21LegallyBrunette21 Yearly Member
    500 karma

@99thPercentileOrDieTryin said:
    7Sage ultimate+.

I thought it was too expensive at first. I bought it after I’d already spent $2000 on other materials that weren’t as good.

I raised my score by 6 points and I’m going to my dream school now.

Congrats on your acceptance to your dream school! I will certainly have to upgrade to ultimate+ once I decide the date I want to take the LSAT.

• hcdbsu24hcdbsu24 Alum Member
    103 karma

Starting a course like 7Sage sooner and/or allowing more than 3-4 months of studying (more like 1 year, to ensure you have reached your scoring potential).