Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Logic Games Attack Strategy

13»

Comments

• TheBatmanTheBatman Alum Member
    255 karma

Thanks

• IgnatiusIgnatius Alum Member
    382 karma

@Pacifico, 7sage Legend.

255 karma

What if I don't solve some games under JYs target time, on 4th attempt? Does that mean I have to repeat until I get it?

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

@TheBatman I think so. Depends on how far you are from target time. If the target is 5 min and you're at 5:03 or 5:10 I think it's fine. But if it's an extra minute or two then keep doing until you reach it.

255 karma

@keets993 said: I think so. Depends on how far you are from target time. If the target is 5 min and you're at 5:03 or 5:10 I think it's fine. But if it's an extra minute or two then keep doing until you reach it.

Thanks

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited July 2018 8021 karma

Bumping for any fall test takers still needing help with Logic Games.

• nicole_165nicole_165 Alum Member
    9 karma

@Pacifico do you still have pictures of the way you organized your binder and excel sheet? If so, can I dm you for the pictures?

• sojohnboysojohnboy Alum Member
    edited February 2019 10 karma

@Pacifico I know I'm 3 years late, but excellent post. I did have one question though. When you finish the fourth time through a logic game (taking it a week later), and you are still 1-2 minutes behind your target time, then what would you recommend we do to keep progressing and getting faster? Do you just drill it until you reach the target time on that same day one week later or do you repeat the process all over again from the start? Thanks.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

@Pacifico Thank you so much for this post/guide. I am fool proofing right now in tandem with this LG attack strategy and it has helped me immensely. Hope everything is well!

• Jay TeeJay Tee Alum Member
    edited July 2019 298 karma

I read through all the comments but don't recall seeing anyone ask this yet, but I'm wondering about what to do with a game after the 4th attempt. Once you've gotten comfortable with a game, how often do you revisit? I find LG to be my weakest section so I'm worried if I don't use it, I'll lose it.

Would it be a good idea to revisit games on a monthly basis after completing the 4th attempt (assuming I got all the questions right under time and feel comfortable)? Should I come back to it sooner, like in two weeks?

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    edited July 2019 1866 karma

@"Jay Tee" said:
    I read through all the comments but don't recall seeing anyone ask this yet, but I'm wondering about what to do with a game after the 4th attempt. Once you've gotten comfortable with a game, how often do you revisit? I find LG to be my weakest section so I'm worried if I don't use it, I'll lose it.

Would it be a good idea to revisit games on a monthly basis after completing the 4th attempt (assuming I got all the questions right under time and feel comfortable)? Should I come back to it sooner, like in two weeks?

I usually do a month from the first time I get everything right under time, then two to three months out after I take it at the one month mark (assuming I do well). If it doesn't go well, I reschedule it again for one to two weeks out, and go from there.

• Jay TeeJay Tee Alum Member
    298 karma

@"Habeas Porpoise" said:
    I usually do a month from the first time I get everything right under time, then two to three months out after I take it at the one month mark (assuming I do well). If it doesn't go well, I reschedule it again for one to two weeks out, and go from there.

Awesome, thank you so much! And congrats on your score!!! It's super inspiring and gives me hope that I can do this since I started off with a 146 diagnostic! :)

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

@"Jay Tee" said:

@"Habeas Porpoise" said:

Awesome, thank you so much! And congrats on your score!!! It's super inspiring and gives me hope that I can do this since I started off with a 146 diagnostic! :)

Not at all! And thank you, I'm glad to hear that--it's exactly why I wrote the post! You got this!! :smiley:

• khopgoodkhopgood Core Member
    11 karma

I'm beginning to use Pacifico's LG method. My question here is how many LG do you work on at once? Do you only focus on 1 game at a time through step 3 and then begin to practice another one before the 4th attempt a week later? Trying to figure out how many I should be balancing at one time.

• hosny.yhmhosny.yhm Free Trial Member
    26 karma

@khopgood said:
    I'm beginning to use Pacifico's LG method. My question here is how many LG do you work on at once? Do you only focus on 1 game at a time through step 3 and then begin to practice another one before the 4th attempt a week later? Trying to figure out how many I should be balancing at one time.

You have make that choice. It depends how much time you have for games. You also have to consider when your next test date is, so you can finish Pacifico's LG method before then.

Because I work on LR/RC during my study days, I have time to do 2 new LG games, and 2 other repeats (if necessary). I choose Monday to Wednesday to do new games, and Thursday for my second attempt (if I failed on Wednesday game).

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

Thanks for bringing this back onto the discussion forum homepage! I’m starting this method today in preparation for September test 💪

• theserg13theserg13 Alum Member
    96 karma

Is it recommended to add newer PT's in the mix than just 1-35 since this is from 5 years ago or just stick with 1-35?? #help

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

I certainly do. Overtime I do a PT, even if I went -0 in games, I print the games off and put them in page protectors and put them into rotation for fool proofing/drilling. I think this is a scenario where just having the broadest possible base for review is a virtue. Good luck!

• theserg13theserg13 Alum Member
    96 karma

@jmarmaduke96 said:
    I certainly do. Overtime I do a PT, even if I went -0 in games, I print the games off and put them in page protectors and put them into rotation for fool proofing/drilling. I think this is a scenario where just having the broadest possible base for review is a virtue. Good luck!

Going to start doing that! Thank you!

• hnsk__17hnsk__17 Yearly Member
    8 karma

Bumping as this post seems super helpful! But I have a question in regards to timing. I may be overthinking this but I get that @pacifico is recommending that we time ourselves with a stopwatch, but he mentions, "I then record only the score I got while timing myself."

Does this mean that I should only count the correct answers I got under, say 9 minutes (the approximate time I should be spending on each question), correct? I ask because I did an LG untimed and while I got everything right, it took me 20 minutes on the first attempt. Or should the takeaway be, just time every attempt and work on getting quicker? Thanks!

• mere_mortalmere_mortal Core Member
    edited February 2021 91 karma

maybe this is a dumb question, but I don't understand the math on this. How do you get to the "you can get at least 30-35 done in a two week period" number?

• 144 karma

@mere_mortal said:
    maybe this is a dumb question, but I don't understand the math on this. How do you get to the "you can get at least 30-35 done in a two week period" number?

Yeah that's what I am wondering too. If I understand correctly, this is roughly the schedule @Pacifico is suggesting:
    Monday: 5 new logic games
    Tuesday: Do Monday games again for second attempt
    Wednesday: 5 new logic games
    Thursday: Do Wednesday games again
    Friday: 5 new logic games
    Saturday: Do Friday games again
    That adds up to 15 games in week 1

In week 2, I can redo the games I started on Monday on Monday, the games I started on Wednesday, on Tuesday and the games I started on Friday, on Wednesday. That leaves me with Thursday, Friday, Saturday, in which I don't really have enough time to do the first attempt and the next day attempt as well.
    '
    Am I missing something?

• philipmvachonphilipmvachon Member
    4 karma

Nice thank you

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

I feel sort of dumb asking this, but what is the point in making those binders? Am I supposed to look back at them? It seems like an overload of information to keep track of... Can't I just use the excel spreadsheet to review what I need to work on?

• Matt SorrMatt Sorr Alum Member
    2239 karma

@blanklaw I don’t think the binder is necessary or useful anymore. When this post was made, LSATs were administered on paper and Pacifico was practicing on paper. Now that the test is virtual, you’re absolutely right that you only need an excel sheet.

• blanklawblanklaw Member
    490 karma

Thanks!