Property Law Explained - Early Enrollment Open Until April 20

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited April 2020 in Off-topic 13940 karma

Two months ago, I announced that we're collaborating with law professors around the country to develop new courses that will explain the subjects you'll take as a first-year law student.

Although we're still adding new content at a rapid rate, we're opening enrollment to our Property Law Explained course for one week, from Monday, April 20 to Sunday, April 27 at a discounted price of $19.99.

The course is still in progress. We’ve already completed over a dozen video lessons and over six hours of audio lessons, and we’re working around the clock to add more. New lessons will automatically appear in your course as we finish them. We expect to complete the entire course in July or August.

Here are the two reasons that we're opening enrollment early:

1. We want to know if we're wasting our resources. Over the last several months, we've placed a huge amount of time, effort, and money into these lessons. We think they're great, but that doesn't matter unless you think they're great, and I mean great as in "shut up and take my money" great. Otherwise, we're just burning resources that we could use to develop something you actually want.
  2. Selling the course now at a heavily discounted price will make it more affordable to more students.

I know a lot of you might not be ready to divert your attention from the LSAT, so rolled into this launch is an extra-long access time of 24 months. This way, you can be reasonably sure that you’ll still get to use the course when you’re ready for it, and that it will be complete by the time you do.

Recap:

• Early-bird access to Property Law Explained
  • On sale from Monday, April 20 to Sunday, April 27 for $19.99
  • 24-months of access

Enroll here

After April 27, enrollment will be closed until we complete more content.

Comments

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Hi JY, how do we sign up for the property course?

• StevenTroyStevenTroy Member
    119 karma

Great!! Can’t wait!! If it’s anything like the CivPro videos that you already have this will be a great asset!! Thanks J.Y. for providing such high quality material!

• paulbmcvpaulbmcv Alum Member
    29 karma

I'm sure it will be absolutely fantastic like the prep course. I'll be on line to sign up at 11:59 pm April 19th to sign up. If it wasn't for 7Sage Prep, I would have thrown in the towel on all this a while ago. I'm confident the new course will be equally great!!!

• Mike_RossMike_Ross Alum Member Sage
    3106 karma

TAKE MY MONEY NOW I ALREADY BELIEVE YOU!

• HarrisHarris Core Member
    188 karma

Put me down for 7 slots. Have Theo and Juliet scholarship out the other 6 as they deem appropriate. There are no words sir.

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

The fact that access to the material is extended so that I will have it after I'm done with my LSAT studying makes it a no-brainer. Shut up and take my money!

• Jay TeeJay Tee Alum Member
    edited April 2020 298 karma

Shut up and take my money. 💸

After the 24 months are up, will it be possible to extend on a monthly basis like we currently can for the LSAT course?

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

Imma echo @Mike_Ross haha! Looking forward to a full course!

• mlhinklemlhinkle Member
    292 karma

I’m looking forward to this!

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I've loved what I have seen so far, will certainly buy. 100%

• Jeff----Jeff---- Alum Member
    edited April 2020 205 karma

the $19.99 will only unlock Property, is that correct? How is it going to work or cost for Torts, Constitutional Law, Civil Procedure, Criminal Law, Legal Writing? OR Will all of them be included?

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    edited April 2020 1810 karma

Count me in! Are we talking April 19 at midnight? We can't thank you enough, and as far as I can tell, your efforts are the opposite of wasted - they're very much appreciated by this awesome community :smile:

• Zamalek95Zamalek95 Member
    37 karma

How will we be able to take part of the class?

• QC_Kills_LSATQC_Kills_LSAT Member
    38 karma

Say no more. Take my money... and more for other courses please.

• Lily2020Lily2020 Member
    102 karma

Hello - how useful do you think this course would be if attending a Canadian law school?

• HarrisHarris Core Member
    edited April 2020 188 karma

Will Legal Writing become a future component of the curriculum? Several attorney friends and clients have told me that's the eye of the storm during 1L. Thank you very kindly.

• 27 karma

say less. take my money. now

• leiazmeowleiazmeow Alum Member
    18 karma

How to register for this course?

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    edited April 2020 13940 karma

How do we sign up for the course?
    The enroll page will be live on April 20, Monday at 9am. We'll post a link here. You'll also get an in-app reminder when you log onto 7Sage.

What about the other courses, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, etc.?
    We're working on those as well. We're launching Property first because we have the most completed content in that course. We're not yet sure if the other courses will be launched separately like Property or in a bundle.

Will these courses be useful for Canadian law schools?
    We designed the course for American law schools but because Canada is also a common law regime (except for Quebec) I believe the answer is yes.

Will there be a Legal Writing course?
    Yes, we're working on this course too.

@kharco
    That's incredibly generous of you! Thank you!

@btownsquee, @StevenTroy, @paulbmcv, @Mike_Ross, @jmarmaduke96, @"Jay Tee" @"Habeas Porpoise", @mlhinkle, @BinghamtonDave, @"Jeff----", @2ndTimestheCharm, @Zamalek95, @QC_Kills_LSAT, @Lily2020, @chloe559, @leiazmeow

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

I definitely will sign up too! Count me in! Thank you JY for doing this one!

13940 karma

Hi everyone, the enrollment page is live!

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

Just finished enrolling! Thank you for doing this JY, I hope you get enough support to keep these going!

• Alice003Alice003 Live Member
    691 karma

I just enrolled it too! Thank you for helping us all the time, JY! I am so glad that I found 7Sage! I wish I could find 7sage earlier...

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

Take my money! Just enrolled and looking forward to more!

• ReginaSpiewakJonesReginaSpiewakJones Alum Member
    177 karma

I'm in - thank you for developing this content.

• 410 karma

I'm definitely interested, particularly since this may be an area of law I'd like to get into (I think). Even as a Canadian I think it might be useful to understand some of the theory, so I've signed up and bought the program. Will definitely let you guys know what I think (after I'm done studying for the LSAT).

It's easy to forget that there's a whole other part that comes after the LSAT and getting a better idea of what I actually want to do once I get into law school is really important.

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

Purchased this morning, doing a deep dive into the lessons this week! Thank you Mr. Ping and company!

1810 karma

So excited! Not ready for this yet, so thank you so much for letting us have it for a long time. Really thoughtful.

855 karma

Out of curiosity, what is the 7sage wisdom on preparing for 1L? I've heard many conflicting reports -- read "Getting to Maybe," skim the E&Es, do nothing -- and the most popular response seems to be that you can't prepare because classes are more like studying professors rather than a generic set of materials. Definitely plan on chilling out, but I trust the advice here and wanted to know!

(Maybe @"nicole.hopkins" @LSATcantwin @AllezAllez21 @"Cant Get Right" @"Accounts Playable" @NotMyName )

• fruitjamfruitjam Member
    70 karma

Purchased it just now! So excited :D It will be a nice break from the LSAT studying haha

13940 karma

@BlindReviewer

I think either way, you're gonna have to rely on outside resources, like our course or commercial outlines that you can purchase via Amazon. For many students that happens during the summer before 1L and for others, it happens during 1L year.

For me, I was strongly of the opinion that I should enjoy my summer before 1L and not prepare. But during my 1L year, I purchased a lot of commercial outlines (since nothing like our courses existed back then).

Retrospectively, I see that the timing of it matters less. Either way, I would have had to rely on outside resources to help explain what the law is.

1810 karma

@BlindReviewer said:
    Out of curiosity, what is the 7sage wisdom on preparing for 1L? I've heard many conflicting reports -- read "Getting to Maybe," skim the E&Es, do nothing -- and the most popular response seems to be that you can't prepare because classes are more like studying professors rather than a generic set of materials. Definitely plan on chilling out, but I trust the advice here and wanted to know!

(Maybe @"nicole.hopkins" @LSATcantwin @AllezAllez21 @"Cant Get Right" @"Accounts Playable" @NotMyName )

Hey! I'm curious what the sages recommend, as well. But for what it's worth, I got a lot out of "Planet Law School II" by Atticus Falcon. Of course we can't go hard or take any of it as gospel, but it's a really interesting take on law school in general, and he lays out a lot of possibilities for prep.

855 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    @BlindReviewer

I think either way, you're gonna have to rely on outside resources, like our course or commercial outlines that you can purchase via Amazon. For many students that happens during the summer before 1L and for others, it happens during 1L year.

For me, I was strongly of the opinion that I should enjoy my summer before 1L and not prepare. But during my 1L year, I purchased a lot of commercial outlines (since nothing like our courses existed back then).

Retrospectively, I see that the timing of it matters less. Either way, I would have had to rely on outside resources to help explain what the law is.

@2ndTimestheCharm

I would also be interested in any specific commercial outline recommendations and other reading, or maybe it would also be helpful to have a brief lesson on that in the 7Sage Law School course!

• LawsndogsLawsndogs Yearly Member
    edited April 2020 4 karma

Is this new course to prepare incoming students for 1L before they start law school or is it to help current 1L students with the course material? Very interested in purchasing it but need to know when I would be utilizing it.

• btownsqueebtownsquee Alum Member
    1207 karma

Purchased! So thankful this content is coming out while I'm about to go to law school in the fall. :)

• chess4lifechess4life Alum Member
    49 karma

Completed property course through what is available. I think it's well done and interesting. I am curious as to what information is used as the basis for the course. It will be more fun when there are more participants and the chat becomes more lively.