Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What speed are you on when you watching JY video?

Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
edited April 2020 in General 264 karma

For me, if I am really focus, I do 1.4. 1.2 when I am so so focus. 😂

What speed are you on when you watching JY video?
  1. What speed are you on when you watching JY video?85 votes
    1. 1.0 Normal
      29.41%
    2. 1.2
      21.18%
    3. 1.4
      21.18%
    4. 1.7
      18.82%
    5. 2.0
        8.24%
    6. More than 2.0 (Are you listening DJ JY REMIX? )
        1.18%

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

1.0, normal speed. I did debate in college, I made the decision after to never listen to anything in above normal speed again lol!

• 410 karma

I usually shift between 1.4-2.0 and slowly build up speed. I've done 2.4 a few times, but it's a bit rough. I speak really fast too so I think it helps me understand.

What's interesting to me is listening to JY speak normally now since I'm used to him being sped up.

• Climb_to_170Climb_to_170 Alum Member
    426 karma

1.0 Normal for me! J.Y. already talks at 1.5 speed, so normal usually tends to be the max I can handle!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

2.4x lol i did policy debate in high school lmao they make J.Y.s speed look like Trump xD

• ExNewYorkerExNewYorker Alum Member
    117 karma

He talks way too fast lol and this is coming from a New Yorker

• brookegojazzbrookegojazz Core Member
    edited April 2020 360 karma

I did 1.0 my first time through CC but I do 1.2-1.7 depending on how well I know the material my second time around. I'll slow it down if it's something I'm struggling with and speed it up with things I'm reviewing. Especially if I'm going through problem/game explanations multiple times I'll speed it up because I'm more just 'reviewing' than learning the information for the first time. I talk really fast though so I don't mind the speed, my spouse makes fun of me for how fast I listen to it, ha ha. I think it's a personal preference but I'd say if you're doing it for the first time the slower setting is better. JY has a lot of really good comments and skills that you'll miss if you go too fast.

• EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    edited May 2020 342 karma

@"jeff.wongkachi" said:
    I usually shift between 1.4-2.0 and slowly build up speed. I've done 2.4 a few times, but it's a bit rough. I speak really fast too so I think it helps me understand.

What's interesting to me is listening to JY speak normally now since I'm used to him being sped up.

I second this. I've been listening to him sped up so often that I didn't recognize his voice when I listened at normal speed!

• sarahisksarahisk Member
    272 karma

x1.7 speed! you know it's bad when you've gotten so used to JY sped up that he sounds drunk at normal speed.