Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LOOPHOLE! Is it worth it?

deo22deo22 Member
in General 111 karma

Hi everyone, I scored a 148 on my LSAT last year, and I struggle with logical reasoning... if you've used the loophole logical reasoning, was it worth it?

Comments

• sheridjwsheridjw Alum Member
    936 karma

I have not taken a pt since reading it so take my recommendation with a grain of salt, but i feel that it has helped me tremendously. The translation drill very similarly to the memory method in RC clears the stimulus up a lot and makes it easier to find the problem within it. I think if you do the translation and clir drills religiously it will only help you. The powerful provable section i also found helpful when deciding between two answer choices. Definitely worth it in my opinion.

• msiummsium Member
    70 karma

I'm going through Loophole right now and it's so good. She really teaches how to read the stimulus and break it down which is super important. It's definitely worth it!

• AtticusBinchAtticusBinch Alum Member
    29 karma

I really like it too, it feels like a buddy lol. The way I tend to learn is by using different LSAT prep books (LG/LR Bibles, LSAT Trainer, Loophole), reading through them, and comparing them/playing them against each other. I find they all have similar foundations but unique ways of saying things, which is really helpful to me, since, between all three, I usually gain an understanding of what they are expressing as a core piece of the test.

• deo22deo22 Member
    111 karma

@justinwaynelutz thank you! i also read the LG/LR bible, and LG was super helpful but I did not enjoy the LR book! @sheridjw thank you so much!

• 776 karma

i think u should do the CC then purchase the loophool and redo the CC for 2nd time.
    makes a huge huge diffrerence IMO

• joshowens16joshowens16 Alum Member
    73 karma

I enjoyed the loophole. I also thought it helped my understanding of the underlying structure of logical reasoning. It's not like you read it and you can just see the answers and get 0 wrong every section but for me it really helps me think critically about each question type. I haven't gotten the chance to take a full PT but I get a few more questions right each section i take which puts me between -3/-5. IF you have a lot of time to study I would go through all the logical reasoning stuff on here first BUT if you're pressed for time I seriously encourage EVERYONE to buy it as a really good foundation for LR.

• 19 karma

It’s so helpful and the perfect supplement to 7sage

• WhatslsatWhatslsat Member
    476 karma

Also highly recommend the book. Reading it and doing the exercises on it improved my speed, comprehension, and intuitive decision making.

The content is pretty interesting and it provides few important unique perspectives on how to approach LR. I haven't taken any PTs yet but I already notice the difference. Her enthusiasm is contagious too!

• manvithamanvitha Alum Member
    23 karma

Loophole is so great! She provides a lot of tips/tricks on breaking down the answer choices so you don't fall into common traps. I would only get it though if you feel like you've exhausted all the 7sage LR resources and feel like you need something more.

• Jonathan22Jonathan22 Alum Member
    28 karma

Highly recommend as a supplement to 7sage. It has helped change my thinking and also has given me a lot more confidence when answering questions.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

For me just 7sage was fine I think doing more practice tests and just understanding J.Ys strategy was more worth than delving into a different strategy. Its not that different, but it will take time, and time you spend doing drills/translations in loophole is time you could be doing more PTs you know

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Ive never heard anyone regret buying Loophole though

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

I have heard great things about Loophole. Personally, I have 7 Sage and I am just taking more time to blind review LR sections. Breakdown the stimulus and write down reasoning.

• DefenderDefender Alum Member
    348 karma

Loophole is fantastic! My advice: take time reading it through, AND be patient with yourself afterward. You will want instant results, but it takes time to put the information to work. Patience with yourself, generally, is my advice.