Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Feature Request: 3 Section LSAT in Preparation for LSAT-Flex Please!

swetolawyerswetolawyer Alum Member
edited May 2020 in General 46 karma

TLDR: Can 7sage please create 3 Section LSAT Prep Tests for students who are currently now prepping for the LSAT-Flex?

Since the format of the new exam is different in that we do 3 back-to-back sections, rather than 2 sections, break, 2 sections, I am sure many of us are trying to adjust our practice test setup to mimic actual testing conditions.

Currently, our options to do so are either to

1) create our own problem sets out of prep test sections, which means we don't get score conversions and data about our performance doesn't show up in the analytics tool, or
2) we take a 4-section LSAT and skip the 2nd Logical Reasoning, which means that in the analytics tool our scores are WAY lower because we get 0/26 on one section.

3 Section LSATs would be really, really helpful. Thank you!

Student Interest in 3 Section LSAT-Flex PrepTests
  1. Would you like the option to take 3 section LSAT PrepTests on 7sage?23 votes
    1. Yes
      91.30%
    2. No
        8.70%

Comments

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@swetolawyer said:
    TLDR: Can 7sage please create 3 Section LSAT Prep Tests for students who are currently now prepping for the LSAT-Flex?

Since the format of the new exam is different in that we do 3 back-to-back sections, rather than 2 sections, break, 2 sections, I am sure many of us are trying to adjust our practice test setup to mimic actual testing conditions.

1) create our own problem sets out of prep test sections, which means we don't get score conversions and data about our performance doesn't show up in the analytics tool, or
    2) we take a 4-section LSAT and skip the 2nd Logical Reasoning, which means that in the analytics tool our scores are WAY lower because we get 0/26 on one section.

Hi there,

Sorry, we currently do not have an option to convert the 4 section PrepTests into 3 section PrepTests. However, I have taken note of your request and I will pass it on to my team.

Please note that based on requests by students to see what their score would be if LR, RC, and LG were weighted the same, we made a "Flex Score Estimator." The Flex Score Estimator can help you estimate your score with only 3 sections. You can find the Flex Score Estimator on this page: https://7sage.com/lsat-flex-score-converter/.

I hope this helps! Let us know if you have any further questions.

• Utility BillUtility Bill Core Member
    74 karma

@swetolawyer said:

I've been thinking about the same thing and have essentially landed on two options.

1) Take a 3 section Problem Set and do the 4th as a timed section later on during the week as practice. Then punch in so we can use the analytics.

2) Take the 4 section PrepTest in preparation for LSATs down the line.

I think the flex is unusual and practicing to "flex standards" may impact my ability to perform when it returns back to normal five sections. Having said that, I am like everyone in that I don't know when the normal testing conditions will return. I'd rather prepare for a harder version than available.