Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to submit transcripts as an international undergrad?

Hi, I'm wrapping up my junior year of undergrad at my university in Japan and I wanted to know when the best time to submit my transcript would be, considering the fact that I still have a year left to go.
I'm planning on applying in the next cycle, in hopes of attending law school straight out of college in the fall of '21. I would love to connect with other international applicants who are in a similar situation as me!

Comments

• Oni LSATOni LSAT Alum Member
    218 karma

Once you purchase the CAS, you can update your transcript for free by sending your new transcript from your university to their mail address. So you might want to send your current transcript to LSAC before your application. You can update it in the future when you complete your degree if needed.

For processing time reference, I've sent LSAC my international undergraduate degree via DHL on the 1st which they received on the 9th of April and completed processing it by 15th of April. I highly recommend sending your transcripts at least 3-4 weeks earlier before you have to apply. If you're applying early in October then I'd recommend having everything sent to LSAC by September.

• sarahisksarahisk Member
    272 karma

@"Oni LSAT" said:
    Once you purchase the CAS, you can update your transcript for free by sending your new transcript from your university to their mail address. So you might want to send your current transcript to LSAC before your application. You can update it in the future when you complete your degree if needed.

For processing time reference, I've sent LSAC my international undergraduate degree via DHL on the 1st which they received on the 9th of April and completed processing it by 15th of April. I highly recommend sending your transcripts at least 3-4 weeks earlier before you have to apply. If you're applying early in October then I'd recommend having everything sent to LSAC by September.

Thank you so much! This is super helpful!