Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July LSAT? Will it be the Flex?

lilymdileolilymdileo Free Trial Member
in General 82 karma

I'm not sure which LSAT type I should be preparing for - I live in NYC, the epicenter of Covid19. What do you all think? LSAC hasn't responded to my emails.

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

We don't know yet.

• DuhorangedangDuhorangedang Alum Member
    47 karma

My testing center called me and said that they couldn't hold the july lsat, im assuming its going to be flex

• Lalit LSATLalit LSAT Member
    112 karma

Yes

• sadams10sadams10 Alum Member
    8 karma

They don't officially know yet but I say be prepared for that outcome. It's likely, I'm also in NYC. I'm just trying to retake because I got a 157 in February and I know my flaw was RC. I have been studying but not as diligently as pre-covid-19 because working remotely all the times and assignments just seem to blend. I signed up for June but I feel I'm not even ready for the retake and might aim for July seeing as my goal school is accepting scores for July and LSAT is offering a waiver for June test takers to take any other test through next April.

• katie.mac8katie.mac8 Member
    63 karma

Does anyone have any insight on when LSAC will officially announce this?

• Frenchy555Frenchy555 Live Member
    edited May 2020 393 karma

@lilymdileo No chance they'd have an open testing center in NYC by July in my opinion. The only thing I'm interested in seeing is if the LSAC applies the flex as the universal testing method or if it will end up varying from state to state based on that states specific approach. It's crazy because I'm in Illinois, which is extremely restrictive and will be for the upcoming months, while 2 hours away in Iowa bars have opened back up to the public. If you're in NYC or Cali though I'm pretty sure they both cancelled in person schooling in the fall so definitely no in person LSAT in either of those places if that's true.

• keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

Does anyone know what the situation in Canada will be? Things are opening up here...our testing centres may be ready by July...idk...

• SandwichelleSandwichelle Alum Member
    edited May 2020 234 karma

Hi Everyone, has anyone seen feedback on the at home “flex” test from April or May?

In addition, I’d like to ask if people here are hoping to take the flex version or hoping the original testing center or university proctored test will be administered?

Personally, I am happy to try the flex version, mainly because the number of sections are fewer and also because I am comfortable in my environment!

I’m just curious! Thanks

• JKPKHCMCJKPKHCMC Core Member
    31 karma

I spoke with LSAC rep today and they said they will make a decision about July LSAT by May 28th

• lilymdileolilymdileo Free Trial Member
    82 karma

@JKPKHCMC said:
    I spoke with LSAC rep today and they said they will make a decision about July LSAT by May 28th

Did it sound like they were leaning towards to Flex?

• JKPKHCMCJKPKHCMC Core Member
    31 karma

@lilymdileo said:

No, LSAC rep did not provide info if July exam will also be Flex format. But, I do know that the university that is/was supposed to be my test site for the July exam is holding all of its summer courses online and all on-site events have been cancelled as well, so I suspect that they will not be allowing groups of any kind in their buildings for the next few months at least.

• lilymdileolilymdileo Free Trial Member
    82 karma

@JKPKHCMC said:

@lilymdileo said:

No, LSAC rep did not provide info if July exam will also be Flex format. But, I do know that the university that is/was supposed to be my test site for the July exam is holding all of its summer courses online and all on-site events have been cancelled as well, so I suspect that they will not be allowing groups of any kind in their buildings for the next few months at least.

I see, thank you!