Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Law School acceptance notification!

SapphireSapphire Alum Member
edited April 2015 in General 289 karma
Thank you so much 7sage for all of your LSAT prep! Thanks to you (and a hell of a whole lot of determination) I just received my first law school acceptance email after having just sent in my application 3 days ago! I swear that has to be a record or something. When I first received my February LSAT score, I was so depressed because it wasn't at all what I was expecting. I went to visit my pre-law advisor soon after having received my LSAT score to discuss it with her. After having told her my score and my cumulative GPA, she told me that I wouldn’t get into law school and that I should pick another career goal. Also, she told me that the LSAT score is a strong indicator of whether or not I will be a good lawyer in the future. In conclusion, she stated that I should go to graduate school instead and study public advocacy. By a matter of fact, she told me that I didn't need to go to graduate school; I could easily find a job in public advocacy without a Master's. I was even more depressed. My mother and I went to her boss to file a complaint about her employee. The boss and her colleague were just as condescending as she was! They told me that I shouldn't apply to law school for this fall and to wait until next year. They said that law school was a "number's game" and no one would accept me- even with my amazing writing skills. I told them "No" and that I would apply for this fall. (You should've seen their faces when my mother told them that her score was even lower than mine and that even she got into law school- priceless.) And now, thanks to my determination, I just received my first law school acceptance email! I can't wait to collect all of those acceptance letters to shove in that "advisor's" face. Never let anyone put you guys down! We are the future lawyers and we will make it! If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

Comments

• inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Congrats!!! (Stick it to the man! Yeah!)

• Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    edited April 2015 3438 karma
    @Sapphire There are plenty of people willing to pull you down for no odd reason what so ever, some are venting their frustrations from various other aspects of their lives onto you because you seem an easy target for letting off some steam... some may be offering their (admittedly warped) version of what they see as helpful advice... some enjoy the little bit of power that their job gives them and try to lord it over other people... and some are just plain tools in life... I've had plenty of those through out my prep and application process... someone had the nerve to tell me that I would not get into law school in the US because I was a person of average intelligence... don't pay attention to such people and you will be happier for it... ordinarily I would say be the bigger person and forget about this move on in the knowledge that you proved them wrong... BUT... there's a cheap kick one gets from showing such people stuff like this to their face and letting them know that they were wrong... so go ahead and knock yourself out! Oh and congrats on the admit!!!!
  • kclubs323kclubs323 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    275 karma
    @"Nilesh S" said:
    BUT... there's a cheap kick one gets from showing such people stuff like this to their face and letting them know that they were wrong... so go ahead and knock yourself out! Oh and congrats on the admit!!!!
    Definitely cathartic. Congratulations @Sapphire !!
  • bonjoursmbonjoursm Alum Member
    181 karma
    Congrats!!
    I would send your pre-law advisor and her colleagues a copy of the acceptance letter as a slap in the face.
  • ShownuffShownuff Alum Member
    222 karma
    Good for you for not giving up! Enjoy this summer!
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    @Sapphire What was your LSAT score/ GPA? I'm in sort of a similar situation
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    CONGRATS!!! Send errr'body copies!
  • SapphireSapphire Alum Member
    289 karma
    Thanks guys! I do plan on sending them copies of my acceptance letters. I'm going to pull a "I didn't get into this school... however I did get into all of these"!!!
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    359 karma
    Congratulations!! Where did you get accepted?

Glad you didn't let naysayers limit your dream. Never never never!
    289 karma
    @Marie4lawschool i got into Pace Law School so far! So excited! And thanks!
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    359 karma
    Congrats again, @Sapphire! I know when I received my first law school acceptance, it was a great relief. I knew then that yes, my dream (aged 57!) really was going to come true. Now I'm facing hard decision making related to my multiple offers and I expect you'll be faced with the same!
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    75 karma
    Pace is a great school, and you're going to have such a great time going to school in the city (I went to NYU for undergrad)!! As for your crappy pre-law adviser, there's probably a good reason he/she is advising and not actually practicing law...(no disrespect to the great advisers out there, because there are many!)
    289 karma
    @Marie4lawschool I'm so happy for you! Aged 57 and going to law school... you go girl! !!!! I hope I'm given the opportunity to choose between several law schools just to prove to that advisor that I can go to law school! But I'm very excited that I got into Pace!
    289 karma
    @djkrd92 thanks! Pace was one of my dream schools actually! And I agree. Her reason for not practicing law was a load of malarkey. I'm definitely not going to follow her path.