Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to handle morning before test?

amanda_kwamanda_kw Alum Member
in June 2015 LSAT 383 karma
Any ideas about how to keep it together for the 2-4 hours before the 12 pm test? With the 8 am test - you just get up and go - but I'm a bit worried about what to do with my time before the LSAT.

Mainly...how do I not ruin my day before I go in to take the test?

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I would keep the same routine that I did for my PTs on Sats and during the week at 12:30 pm.
    shower, eat breakfast, maybe a light workout, and practice a few LGs. Then get to the testing center early.
  • amanda_kwamanda_kw Alum Member
    383 karma
    @emli1000 good idea. I don't have a routine for taking tests at 12:30 yet, but I will do that and try and set up a routine that I can follow on test day

Just nervous about the extra time.
    3462 karma
    Or maybe try waking up an hour later? maybe around 9ish? So that your day doesn't seem as long when you take PTs also helps.
  • pseudonymouspseudonymous Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    521 karma
    Maybe play some games... or anything really. I solve the Rubik's, this might sound super lame, but doing the algorithms is a fantastic way to relieve stress. Lol. I totally stress-solved, like, fifty times before my driver's exam and got zero deductions. Would be sweet to repeat with LSAT. Though you may weaken my argument by pointing out the dissimilarity, analogy doesn't hold, correlation =/= causation :-P
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Change your sleep schedule so you go to bed at ~3am so that 12:30PM becomes your 8:30AM. Wait just kidding that would be insane :) #trolling

Seriously though ... I like all of the advice above. Maybe try to do something fun that totally takes your mind off the test. Go for a morning mini-hike? Provided you don't go somewhere where you will twist an ankle. Maybe a few laps on a paved path around a pond :) Or do something creative (painting or something like that). Benefit of doing something active = endorphins, benefit of doing something creative = whatever that does to your brain (something about flow).
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    I wouldn't do any kind of exercise and especially hike. It seems like that would drain your energy you know? It's a long test so save some energy lol
    3462 karma
    Basically don't do nothing you haven't done while LSAT prep. You want to keep in mind that it's just another day taking a PT. This one will be PT 75 :)
    7965 karma
    Ahem @AlexanderL0 you seem to have missed the modifier "mini" applied to hike coupled with the "few laps on a paved path around a pond" example of such a "mini-hike." I hope sincerely that Amanda (TRX enthusiast she is) would not be "drain[ed]" by such a gentle physical exertion.

'Sides, we're talking about someone who runs up and down El Cap (the SD version) like it ain't no thang ...

Amanda, is that you up there on the summit of El Cap?

A quick Google search will yield ample reading should you have ongoing interest in the effects of exercise on mental dexterity.
  • amanda_kwamanda_kw Alum Member
    383 karma
    @nicole.hopkins LOL. The memories of El Capitan...

Yeah, I'm planning on either going for a walk outside - (fresh air and all) - or going to the gym for a light workout.

@AlexanderL0 I know that I'm going to have too much nervous energy - so getting rid of some of that should help.

But I plan on going through at least two test runs before June. It's hard to test it out because I usually have other things to do besides relax/ prep during the first part of the day before I take the test.

@pseudonymous I have a MENSA book of "mental challenges" - basically games that I do for fun when I still want to keep my brain going. I might do some of those - if I could ever solve a Rubik's cube, I would go for that, but I don't think now is a good time to start trying. lol.

But aargh - I'm already so nervous for June.
    7965 karma
    You got this!!! And you have a whole forum full of cheerleaders!