Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July 12 LSAT LSAT-Flex (US, Canada, and International)

J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
edited May 2020 in General 13940 karma

Announcement from LSAC:

• The July 13 in-person LSAT (USA, Canada) is canceled
  • The June 27-28 in-person LSAT (International) is canceled
  • Instead, registrants can take LSAT-Flex during the week of July 12
  • The July test registration deadline extended to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday, June 1
  • Expected score release date Thursday, July 30

More information about LSAT-Flex

Comments

• brindelrcbrindelrc Core Member
    59 karma

Will the july flex also not be counted towards the take limit?

• linImmlaw2021linImmlaw2021 Member
    86 karma

Do you think the average LSAT score will be higher for LSAT-FLEX tests than traditional tests?

• rqun3737rqun3737 Alum Member
    97 karma

For people who registered July LSAT, do we need to do anything? Like re-register? in order to take the Flex-lsat?

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

Yes. Here is a link for those who are already registered:
    https://os.lsac.org/lsat/lsat-flex-July.aspx

• faith234-1faith234-1 Member
    67 karma

so 'the week of July 12th" does that mean we could have up to the 18th to take it?

• 206 karma

Just for some clarification: will LSAT-Flex be available to international students?

• ssagarssagar Member
    26 karma

How should we adjusting our studying and practice test taking in order to better prep for the flex test?

• 7sage1237sage123 Member
    130 karma

@faith234 said:
    so 'the week of July 12th" does that mean we could have up to the 18th to take it?

I called LSAC today and they told me that the test will be administered on Sunday (July 12) and Monday (July 13)

• rkim5297rkim5297 Alum Member
    105 karma

What about the time? I think in-person was supposed to be at 12:30pm, does that mean LSAT flex will be taken at 12:30pm depending on where you are located?

• jugolo96jugolo96 Alum Member
    103 karma

@faith234 said:

The message on the LSAC account said Sunday and Monday for most tests except for special proctoring cases (not sure what this means but I assume most people will take it Sunday June 12 and Monday June 13).

• jakennedy98jakennedy98 Member
    14 karma

I’m a US citizen who has gone to live with family in Europe due to the pandemic. Am I still able register for and take the USA LSAT flex? The June 27-28 International LSAT registration deadline doesn’t seem to have been extended.)

• MustangGT42MustangGT42 Member
    49 karma

@rqun3737 said:
    For people who registered July LSAT, do we need to do anything? Like re-register? in order to take the Flex-lsat?

Yeah, you have to login to your LSAC account and confirm with them via an online submission form that you still want to take it in July as opposed to a later date.

• rb1010scmrb1010scm Member
    70 karma

When do we have to submit the form by?

• pm2lawyerpm2lawyer Member
    81 karma

Can we use an external monitor for the rest?

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@pm2lawyer, You'd need to contact both the LSAC and Proctoru about this, I think.

• 12345678-712345678-7 Alum Member
    19 karma

I was wondering does anyone know if we can withdrawal from LSAT Flex after we enroll? Will it be the same like you can withdrawal for a tranditional LSAT

• 414 karma

@brindelrc said:

Any flex test will not count towards your limit!

• 414 karma

@rkim5297 said:
    What about the time? I think in-person was supposed to be at 12:30pm, does that mean LSAT flex will be taken at 12:30pm depending on where you are located?

Based on how Flex operated in North America, we should be getting an email soon about scheduling the test. People will be testing in various times throughout multiple days, and that can range from morning to late afternoon.

• 414 karma

@jakennedy98 said:
    I’m a US citizen who has gone to live with family in Europe due to the pandemic. Am I still able register for and take the USA LSAT flex? The June 27-28 International LSAT registration deadline doesn’t seem to have been extended.)

Your citizenship does not matter when it comes to registration- it's all about where you will be taking the test. It's too late for anyone to register for the June 27-28 international test. But you can register and take the North American July test if you can get back to the US for the testing.

• rkim5297rkim5297 Alum Member
    105 karma

@"caffeine powered human" said:

@rkim5297 said:

Based on how Flex operated in North America, we should be getting an email soon about scheduling the test. People will be testing in various times throughout multiple days, and that can range from morning to late afternoon.

Thanks! That's helpful to know!

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

@"caffeine powered human" said:

@brindelrc said:

Any flex test will not count towards your limit!

@"caffeine powered human" where did you hear this?? Is there any official LSAC communication on this that we can reference?? I haven't been able to find anything on their website to this effect.

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

@"caffeine powered human" Thank you!!!! Looks like, I'll be registering for July now as well!

• stephanieflores8094stephanieflores8094 Alum Member
    99 karma

Do you think law schools that I was waitlisted for would consider the July lsat?

5249 karma

@stephanieflores8094, This is a case by case at each school, I think.

• hellsat..hellsat.. Core Member
    24 karma

@jakennedy98 said:

I'm in the same situation (US citizen went to Europe due to pandemic) and I could easily sign up for the June and July 'USA' LSAT flex as well.

• radkri10radkri10 Member
    133 karma

Does anyone know if we need to receive an email from LSAC to be able to set up an account with ProctorU? I wanted to test my equipment but it seems like I need to sign up for ProctorU and I'm not sure what to provide for the "Institution" field which is required for an enrollment. https://support.proctoru.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011772748-Equipment-Requirements

• Tuk73649Tuk73649 Alum Member
    3 karma

I have registered Lsat on march which is replaced by June. And now it inform a flex...but i didn't receive any email or anything about this change...is it common?

5249 karma

Your account should have an update. If not, then maybe send an email to the support email.

• Celia BrechtCelia Brecht Core Member
    3 karma

How can we best prepare for the LSAT flex as opposed to the regular in-person LSAT? Should I be doing my practice tests as I would for the normal test or should I do it as it will be for the flex (only three sections)?

• goku1994goku1994 Core Member
    edited June 2020 29 karma

When is the cutoff where LSAC will automatically sign us up for July Flex vs. grant us a fee waiver, if we are already registered?

130 karma

I signed up for the July Flex after they announced that it was Flex, but the registration still required me to put in a testing center. Am I automatically registered for Flex or do I need to opt in? I haven't received any communications from LSAC.

• jankleyjankley Member
    73 karma

I haven't received any email from LSAC about the test being cancelled for July but through here I found out and registered for the Flex again (ugh).

• hellsat..hellsat.. Core Member
    24 karma

@celiabrecht said:
    How can we best prepare for the LSAT flex as opposed to the regular in-person LSAT? Should I be doing my practice tests as I would for the normal test or should I do it as it will be for the flex (only three sections)?

I feel like doing Flex style PTs makes more sense, as the importance of the sections changes when there is only one instead of two LR sections, so that will give you a more accurate picture of where you stand and what will bring you the most improvement.

Plus you save a lot of time and can get more PTs in when you do the shorter version.

• ChloeeeeChloeeee Member
    135 karma

@radkri10 said:
    Does anyone know if we need to receive an email from LSAC to be able to set up an account with ProctorU? I wanted to test my equipment but it seems like I need to sign up for ProctorU and I'm not sure what to provide for the "Institution" field which is required for an enrollment. https://support.proctoru.com/hc/en-us/articles/115011772748-Equipment-Requirements

Following! Should we relate our LSAC account to the ProctorU?
    I did not find my school in the list of institutions either, what should we do?
    Thanks for any advice!

• yuseeyouyuseeyou Member
    22 karma

Which institution to choose when creating the account on ProctorU? I chose "LSAC" but failed.....

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Has anyone asked about when the deadline is to decide if we want to take the coupon? I’m considering just moving mine to August but idk...

• stephie1243stephie1243 Member
    7 karma

@brindelrc said:

Were there others that didn't count towards the limit?

• 65 karma

I have a random question, does anyone know how taking 3 sections in the LSAT FLex vs. 4-5 on the regular LSAT will effect scores? Currently, the score received is based on your raw score of how many answered correctly over 4 sections, if you take out 23-26 questions then it seems to me it would be harder to achieve, for example a 160, on the flex than the regular. Am I wrong? Is it the same and I just am not thinking about it the right way? Initially, I thought the 3 sections would be much better because you aren't wondering which is the experimental section and less time spent taxing your brain to it's fullest, but now I am reconsidering. Thoughts??? Or does anyone have a raw scores conversion chart from a recent LSAT flex?

• Bookworm-1Bookworm-1 Member
    43 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    Announcement from LSAC:

>
    • The July 13 in-person LSAT (USA, Canada) is canceled
    • >
    • The June 27-28 in-person LSAT (International) is canceled
    • >
    • Instead, registrants can take LSAT-Flex during the week of July 12
    • >
    • The July test registration deadline extended to 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday, June 1
    • >
    • Expected score release date Thursday, July 30
    • >

I have a question- will they disclose all LSAT-Flex's now or it still remains the same policy as pre-flex testing?

• cmwilliams585cmwilliams585 Alum Member
    110 karma

@georgiannajd2b said:
    I have a random question, does anyone know how taking 3 sections in the LSAT FLex vs. 4-5 on the regular LSAT will effect scores? Currently, the score received is based on your raw score of how many answered correctly over 4 sections, if you take out 23-26 questions then it seems to me it would be harder to achieve, for example a 160, on the flex than the regular. Am I wrong? Is it the same and I just am not thinking about it the right way? Initially, I thought the 3 sections would be much better because you aren't wondering which is the experimental section and less time spent taxing your brain to it's fullest, but now I am reconsidering. Thoughts??? Or does anyone have a raw scores conversion chart from a recent LSAT flex?

It should be the same - the # you can get wrong will be less to get the same score, but that is because there will also be fewer questions. Another way to look at it is that the percentile you'd need to get a certain score would be roughly the same for the flex and regular. It would be harder to get the same score if you are particularly strong in LR though since an LR section is removed.

This is the 7sage converter for flex for the prep tests!
    https://7sage.com/lsat-flex-score-converter/

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@stephie1243 said:

@brindelrc said:

Were there others that didn't count towards the limit?

I believe all of the flex tests do not count.

5249 karma

@kilgoretrout, That's what I've heard and read, too.

130 karma

Does anyone know when they'll send out the email to sign up for time slots?

103 karma

@pm2lawyer said:

I would assume so considering that you could have a desktop computer. When I asked proctor u support about it they said the proctor can tell if you have two screens so as long as you close your laptop and only one screen (external) is active then you’re fine. Still a little nervous about it but hopefully it’s fine.

• Rowe2020Rowe2020 Member
    225 karma

@jugolo96 said:

@pm2lawyer said:

I would assume so considering that you could have a desktop computer. When I asked proctor u support about it they said the proctor can tell if you have two screens so as long as you close your laptop and only one screen (external) is active then you’re fine. Still a little nervous about it but hopefully it’s fine.

If you close your laptop how does that work with webcam? Do you have to buy an external cam?

103 karma

@Rowe2020 said:

@jugolo96 said:

@pm2lawyer said:

If you close your laptop how does that work with webcam? Do you have to buy an external cam?

Yeah would not work. I had an external cam laying around so going to use that.

• Rowe2020Rowe2020 Member
    225 karma

@jugolo96 said:

@Rowe2020 said:

@jugolo96 said:

@pm2lawyer said:

Yeah would not work. I had an external cam laying around so going to use that.

smart... just making sure you thought of that!

• hd977hd977 Alum Member
    70 karma

@7sage123 said:
    Does anyone know when they'll send out the email to sign up for time slots?

second this question!

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

does anyone know how to alter the prep tests to make them 3 sections, but still have it count towards your analytics?