Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dilemma Regarding Test Dates

Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
edited June 2020 in General 541 karma

Hi everyone,

So I initially set aside 4 months (May-August) to study full-time for the LSAT and plan on writing the end of August. I've been studying about 4-6 hours per day for the past month here on 7Sage and I'm about 34% of the way through the CC. Overall it's going well enough, however I am afraid that I've perhaps not allocated myself enough time to prepare. I should be able to finish the CC by mid July, leaving me approximately a month and a half to consistently take PTs and review. My diagnostic was a 144 but I really feel I could have done a bit better (family was making plenty of noise during the later portion).

I am dead set on being admitted for 2021 (to a Canadian School), so the other option is to take the October test. However, I feel that restricting myself to one attempt would apply extra pressure.

I have already registered for the August date and I am considering registering for the October date as well. This really is a sticky situation since I may only get my test results back from the August test just before the October test, and thus not be within the range to cancel. Conversely, I don't want to bank on doing well in August and be too late to register for the October test in the event that my results are not up to par.

I would sincerely appreciate any advice!

Which date(s) should I register for?
  1. Which date(s) should I register for?17 votes
    1. August test only
        5.88%
    2. October test only
      23.53%
    3. Both August and October
      64.71%
    4. Other
        5.88%

Comments