Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Well...at this point - 7Sage Forum

Well...at this point

eostrelsyeostrelsy Member
in General 71 karma
Hi all!

I desperately need your help! I planned for the February test, procrastinated and postponed it to June. After the winter break, I've decided to take LSAT really seriously and finished the core lessons with 7Sage. Now I have been through more than 10 pts but don't see anything above 161, though my highest br score is 174.
My final goal is at least to break 165.
I am not sure if I am ready to take the June test. But I don't think I should postpone again because I have studied for several months. Another three or four months may lead to burnt out, besides my internship starts in July.
However, I am graduating this May from grad school, lots of things going on before graduation. I doubt I will have enough time to score 170s consistently to feel ready for the June test.

Any suggestions/thoughts? Shall I take the June test anyway? Maybe cancel the score if I performed badly?

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    I'd postpone if you're not able to devote as much energy as you'd like to LSAT. I don't think taking the test before you're ready is a good way to combat/deal with burn out. Taking a break is usually a better approach—so maybe take a break, graduate, come up with a new study schedule (25 hours+ a week if you can, more if you're able) and move forward. Only take the test when you're sure you're ready.
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    How long ago did you first start studying? If you started after winter break and you're already at 161, it's probably be worth it to postpone. Or even keep studying and see where you are when the LSAC cancellation date is.
  • eostrelsyeostrelsy Member
    71 karma
    @nichole.hopkins Thanks! I may consider postponing if there are no strong improvements in score in the next week or two.
    7965 karma
    Best to take care of yourself and move forward when YOU are ready !
    71 karma
    @Alexander10 I started last September...I studied the Bible and the LSAT trainer. I didn't finish them, though. It was not intense. I may have studied for about 6-8 hours a week. Then I stopped when winter break began and picked up this March. What do you think?
  • sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
    374 karma
    You literally did exactly what I did. I'd say go hard and write it in June that's what I'm doing. You're going to do well anyway and don't stress about cancelling. Most schools now look at highest LSAT score and of course it depends on where you plan on applying.

Regarding score improvement, I would study by question type. Figure out if you keep getting similar ones wrong and study those. Add that into the mix study hard pray hard if you do that and make it happen. You got this. And worst case scenario do it again on October and again and again until you succeed. Good luck
    71 karma
    @sarkisp23 Thanks for being supportive! Good Luck with your test!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I would postpone since the June LSAT is soon. Your score will be +/- 3 pts from the 3 recent PTs that you've taken. If you're not there yet why rush? The more time the better if you can focus more on those weak areas that need your attention. Also, the Oct. LSAT is early on in the cycle so no need to rush.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    Agreed, I would recommend postponing since the June test is coming up. An extra few months of studying could make a huge difference in your score and there are ways to prevent burning out (taking one day off of studying every week, keeping yourself focused and changing focus when studying, or just taking a break for a few days). Sitting the test when you're not ready could lead to disappointment and it's harder to recover from that and go back to studying for the October test rather than simply not taking it at all in June (I speak from experience).
    When your internship starts, just make sure you're very efficient with your time management and you should still be able to squeeze in time to study daily. Many of us have studied during internships or full time work, so I'm sure you can do it! :) Best of luck
    7965 karma
    @mes08 said:
    Sitting the test when you're not ready could lead to disappointment and it's harder to recover from that and go back to studying for the October test rather than simply not taking it at all in June (I speak from experience).
    This would be my concern personally, as well. This is as much of an emotional battle as it is intellectual (if not more!).
  • Julia LJulia L Alum Member
    edited April 2015 354 karma
    I believe the test date change deadline is May 24, so you could reassess by then? That's what I'm doing :) There's a fee of $85 to change your test date. I guess that's assuming if you registered already.