Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official May 2020 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

13»

Comments

• mlhinklemlhinkle Member
    292 karma

The cancel button was there yesterday.

• banbanlabanbanla Alum Member
    5 karma

I'm going to take Flex in July. Could anyone share their experience on RC? Can you make hightlighs or marks on the side? Thanks

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

There is a survey about lsat flex on LSAC’s website. Please provide feedback if you can!

• umich101umich101 Alum Member
    364 karma

@banbanla said:
    I'm going to take Flex in July. Could anyone share their experience on RC? Can you make hightlighs or marks on the side? Thanks

Highlights similar to the PTs on here. A few color choices, click on one, and then highlight the text as you would if you were to copy and paste a text with your mouse.

• Pi031415Pi031415 Alum Member
    248 karma

Also I checked my lsac account and have a cancel button available for my flex test

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@mlhinkle said:
    was the LG section with calls and players of a game the theatre or crops LG section? For some reason I dont remember crops or theatre....

Crops and theater were two different LG sets. For RC it was either Motown or Drilling.

• The JudgesThe Judges Free Trial Member
    364 karma

Does anyone think scores will be released earlier than June 5th?

• SidhusharanSidhusharan Alum Member
    2 karma

I also had the same issues as you all. I lost a total of 3 minutes because my webcam stopped working and they took over my screen. it was very frustrating and im truly upset because they kept messaging me telling me that there was something wrong with my screen. And yes, 200 is a lot of money especially when you're applying for a bunch of schools as well.

• ctyl2017ctyl2017 Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@banbanla said:

Hi! Have you heard that July is going to be Flex? Thanks!

• digiyayadigiyaya Alum Member
    edited May 2020 17 karma

It would have been better for LSAC people to have at least done beta testing of this new approach before subjecting their "paid consumers (test takers)" to technical and anxiety inducing and frankly distracting/challenging testing conditions. Clearly test takers (consumers) did NOT expect to be put under stress before a stressful test. It is unfair to pass LSAC business uncertainties due to technical challenges (and possibly other challenges) onto consumers and expect business as usual.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@digiyaya, Seconding.

• ShashankC.15ShashankC.15 Member
    30 karma

Hey, any idea on the status of June 28 international LSAT?

• penpal269penpal269 Alum Member
    2 karma

Hey everyone! LSAT-FLEX was not bad on my end. I thought the LR section was a bit rough; I could not finish it unfortunately :(

• lawgirl101lawgirl101 Alum Member
    38 karma

@yan_nyclaw said:
    When can I write the Writing Sample? Just finished my exam. Can I to it tomorrow or later or it should be done strictly today?

You have to take it within a year of when you took the LSAT

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Did anyone combine their writing sample with the FLEX to avoid having to go through the process twice?

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Did anyone combine their writing sample with the FLEX to avoid having to go through the process twice?

yea i never had a writing sample before i just took it right after the flex. maybe wasnt a good idea because i cried for a few minutes after cause of LG so maybe not best headspace loool.

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

Anyone surprised at their score? Acc to mine I got a 166 which is the equivalent of 17 wrong, I was a bit shocked at this. I was thinking if you basically double the # wrong in LR you'd get a pretty close estimate of a non-flex test score, I have no idea what's going on with how flex is graded. Would love to see at least a score breakdown

• ZMAMBROSEZMAMBROSE Member
    84 karma

@Markmark said:
    Anyone surprised at their score? Acc to mine I got a 166 which is the equivalent of 17 wrong, I was a bit shocked at this. I was thinking if you basically double the # wrong in LR you'd get a pretty close estimate of a non-flex test score, I have no idea what's going on with how flex is graded. Would love to see at least a score breakdown

My score was almost exactly my PT average. Was yours above or below?

• mlhinklemlhinkle Member
    292 karma

Mine was about 5 below my pt average..

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

1-2 below, fine ish for me but gunna retake

• 34 karma

For May Flex people, can you download any of the reports under the "LSAT Documents" heading? Mine are all green icons but none are downloadable, including the IRR which I need to send to a school as an unofficial report. For a prior undisclosed exam, I can still download the IRR for that administration.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• liz08080liz08080 Alum Member
    46 karma

@illegallyblonde if you look at the icon legend, the green icon means that it is not yet available!

• 34 karma

@liz08080 thank you SO much! That makes way more sense. Does anyone have any idea of how long it takes for the IRR to be processed usually?

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

@ZMAMBROSE said:

@Markmark said:

My score was almost exactly my PT average. Was yours above or below?

I feel it was below. I was averaging -0 LG, -3/4 on LR and RC. Based on an average -17 for a 166 that would've meant -5/6 for 3 sections which wasn't something I've done in awhile but not impossible

• alberta107alberta107 Member
    6 karma

I haven’t taken my lsat flex yet, but I just finished my writing sample, have to say, it’s not a good experience. I have tried for three times, at first I can’t share my screen even if I’ve already done all the necessary pre-operation as require by the guideline. So the proctor u offered remote control and it took about half an hour, but still, I have to call LSAC to launch a new link. After receiving the new link, I clicked, all the checking procedures were smooth, just when I clicked the “START Secession” button, opps, it said “There’s a problem starting the test”. So I contacted the proctor again, this time a really nice lady accompanied with me to handle this virtually, and sadly we just spent like 2 hours waiting and repeating the “There’s a problem starting the test”. We finally ceased to try, I called LSAC, after 26 minutes calling, they told me that just take the writing after 24 hours, they’ll handle this. And finally, the third time, everything just prefect, no issue, no delay, it only took me like 10 minutes to log in.