Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First law school acceptance for LSAT retaker!

Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
edited January 2015 in February 2015 LSAT 359 karma
For those 7Sagers taking the February LSAT, I just want to encourage you to stay strong and never let go of your dream. I'm 57 and will be retaking the LSAT in February as my prior performances in September and December were well below par, but in the meantime today I received my first law school acceptance ahead of the February re-re-take! I didn't even know that any law school would be reviewing my application prior to the February test score being available! Better still, UC Irvine is right up there among my top choices, so I'm thrilled. Perhaps with this acceptance in hand, nerves won't get the better of me on test day and I can help my chances of a healthy scholarship :-) Truly, fellow 7Sagers, if this dream can come true for me with persistence, it can happen for you too (and thanks to 7Sage for all that I've learned and enjoyed learning with you!).

Do any other LSAT retakers have a tale of encouragement to share?

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Congrats!!
  • LSATCRACKERLSATCRACKER Member
    19 karma
    Congrat!
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    First off, congrats, that is awesome. Secondly, Thank you. I'm retaking the LSAT in October (LSAT Round 2). I needed the encouragement, hoping to be telling a similar story later this year. :-)
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    You're an inspiration man.
  • Admiral YummyAdmiral Yummy Member
    edited January 2015 116 karma
    Holy moly - that's amazing - rock on! Congratulations! :)
    I'm going to save your post and use it for encouragement in the coming months. I've been at this for a long time, so it's good to see persistence pay off. Congratulations! :)
  • AMAL2016AMAL2016 Alum Member
    16 karma
    Wow! AMAZING!
  • VegMeg55VegMeg55 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    587 karma
    That's amazing and I wish you all the best!!!
  • JengibreJengibre Member
    383 karma
    Congratulations! This is very encouraging news. Thanks for sharing!
  • NiicholsNiichols Alum Member
    20 karma
    Thanks for sharing, that's awesome!
  • Nick LucianoNick Luciano Alum Member
    12 karma
    Thank you, that's great motivation for the LSAT coming up!
  • KristinaKristina Alum Member
    68 karma
    Marie- this is so inspiring! Thank you for posting.
  • tsamvelyantsamvelyan Alum Member
    431 karma
    Wow. UC Irvine is amazing! I applied there so if I get in, I'm gonna thank you in person for the encouragement.
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    I just gave up my spot there Tsamvelyan so all the best for you and congrats Marie... that is an awesome school.
  • tsamvelyantsamvelyan Alum Member
    431 karma
    Thanks Nilesh S!
  • milizze04milizze04 Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    That is wonderful. Your perseverance is inspiring!
  • harrismeganharrismegan Member
    2074 karma
    Congrats!!!! :D<3
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    359 karma
    Thanks for all the comments and may your dreams come true too. Best wishes! [tsamvelyan - When you're at UC Irvine, just look out for the older lady ;-) ]
  • angiepierre88angiepierre88 Free Trial Member
    3 karma
    Congrats!! Thanks for the inspiration-definitely needed!
    3438 karma
    I envy you Marie... Con Law lectures with Erwin Chemerinsky are the REAL DEAL :)
    359 karma
    So where are you headed, Nilesh? If you gave up a spot at UCI Law I imagine you're headed somewhere awesome!
    edited February 2015 3438 karma
    I'm headed to Georgetown. But it was a really tough choice between two awesome schools. :)
    What tipped it in GULC's favor was that the place where I'm doing my PhD from is on the east coast... so if I wanted to be in touch with my supervisors, GULC would be closer.
    359 karma
    That's awesome, Nilesh! Congratulations. I love Georgetown and surroundings, let alone the Smithsonians, etc. Really happy for you!
    edited February 2015 3438 karma
    Thanks Marie... I would have really liked to join you at Cal... you'll be having a great time there... the weather is awesome, the setting is great, and Erwin Chemerinsky is the number one con law scholar in the nation... even when I was doing my LL.M at Chicago, his book got me thru... and it still helps me to teach con law at my PhD program.
    359 karma
    So many degrees, Nilesh! I thought I'd covered most bases with my MD PhD MSEd but look at you go! Yes, I may well accept UCI Law but I'll wait to hear from other schools too, though I do have the big draw of my daughters both being at UCI Law (a 1L and a 2L) and I'd love to be near them after being thousands of miles apart for years!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Aww! Your daughters will be a 3L and a 2L and you'll also be there as a 1L. How great is that?
    3438 karma
    @Marie4lawschool this is so cool and awesome... if you go to you'll be with both your daughters... as for degrees, haha I am giving you serious competition... a BA, an LL.B in my own country, 3 LL.Ms London, Penn and Chicago and a PhD and finally a JD :D
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Reading these comments and thinking to myself "what am I doing with my life?"
  • shine.on.meshine.on.me Alum Member
    463 karma
    lol @ddakjiking me too.
  • erinh5683erinh5683 Alum Member
    8 karma
    This is really an inspiration and just what I needed to see this morning to remind myself to keep going! Thank you and congrats!
    359 karma
    @erinh5683 I'm so glad you got revved up when you needed it! Stay strong and best wishes for getting into your top choice schools!
  • pritisharmapritisharma Alum Member
    477 karma
    Truly inspirational .. I am shooting for a school in CA (ideally Bay Area) planning on taking Feb too.
  • gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    Well done! Proud to have someone like you as part of our 7sage community!
  • hazelnut13hazelnut13 Alum Member
    244 karma
    Congrats! The people at UCI are awesome. I was in the summer POP program and I got to know the faculty a little. Definitely a warm, welcoming and motivating place. Best of luck on the February LSAT and for scholarship negotiations!