Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First Score After You Finish Core Curriculum

vbpaigeetheringtonvbpaigeetherington Core Member
in General 26 karma

Hi!

I was wondering what a normal initial increase in score was after people first finish the core curriculum. I’ve only taken one test (the diagnostic test) and want to know what kind of increase other people have seen in the first exam after the CC.

Comments

• Did I StutterDid I Stutter Member
    384 karma

Curious about this too ^

• meghanegmeghaneg Core Member
    60 karma

I went up 3 pts after CC, from 163 to 166. 1 month after that was around 173-174, where I've plateaued.

• Kris4444Kris4444 Member
    266 karma

I went up 7 points from 157 to 164. Averaging 165 after 3 months and broke 170+ a month ago.

• catlovercatlover Member
    56 karma

I went up from 160-164 and then a month or two later broke into the 170s

• nasiba12nasiba12 Yearly Member
    34 karma

Before CC I got a 148 but took another full PT the week I finished the curriculm and got a 161. I'm hoping that I can increase that score as I keep drilling.

• 256 karma

On my third go around the curriculum now... about a 6 pt increase after each go. Its like learning a language. 1st time in class, 2nd time speaking on a computer, 3rd time immersion in a native country lol

• ByzantineByzantine Member
    37 karma

I never took a diagnostic, but took my first PT after finishing the core curriculum. I scored a 166. I feel that I should also mention that I did not do every single practice set of problems for each part of the curriculum, but did at least 5 sets for each type (probably)

• bananabread4bananabread4 Member
    12 karma

I did 75% of the CC (so everything except RC) before I took my second prep test because I was really curious what kind of progress I was making. My diagnostic was a 156 and I went up 13 points to a 169 just from 3/4 of the CC. Then once I had done 85% of the CC I scored a 171. You can definitely move a lot if you study consistently.

• 425 karma

I went from a 144 diagnostic to a 167 BR on a PT immediately after the CC.

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

Some of these score jumps are incredibly large. I did not improve on my first PT post-CC. I stayed exactly at 151. However, I saw growth in the PTs that followed.

• em2020em2020 Member
    66 karma

I scored a 150 on my diagnostic and a 161 on the first PT post CC