Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I skip a section of the Core Curriculum to go to the Section I'm the Weakest in?

ntereza3ntereza3 Member
edited June 2020 in General 22 karma

Hey guys! I started 7sage this week, and I'm planning to take the LSAT for the first time in October. The course hours are intimidating and a part of me is scared that I wont have enough time to get through all the lessons on each section. I know I have a couple of months to go, but does anyone recommend skipping over lets say the LR section (which is quite beefy) and going straight to the Logic Game section (the section I struggle the most with). I would obviously come back to complete the LR section, I just feel I am going to need more time to understand the LG games and don't want to leave it alone. Has anyone else started studying an other section out of order? Did you think it was fine skipping a section and comping back or did you wish you did it in order?

help

Comments

• catlovercatlover Member
    56 karma

not unless you're already scoring in the mid 170s

• ntereza3ntereza3 Member
    22 karma

@catlover said:
    not unless you're already scoring in the mid 170s

I'm definitely not scoring that lol.
    Just to clarify I meant skipping the WHOLE of the LR section to start with the LG section where I am very weak, finishing it, and then going back to the start of the LR and continuing to take everything in order. I don't want to jump around within the sections themselves.

• KirstenKirsten Alum Member
    82 karma

I wouldn't. I am still working through the LG curriculum, but I find that JY references LR lessons a lot.

• ntereza3ntereza3 Member
    22 karma

@Kirsten said:
    I wouldn't. I am still working through the LG curriculum, but I find that JY references LR lessons a lot.

Thank You!

• KirstenKirsten Alum Member
    82 karma

@nterezakis3 said:

@Kirsten said:

Thank You!

You're welcome! Good luck!

• snelllasnellla Core Member
    103 karma

Don't skip! I was tempted to skip down to the LG too. Don't do it!! I know that the hours look terrifying. I started the last week of April and just finished the majority of the CC today. I study about 3 hours a day. You can get through it a lot faster than the hours indicate. I did all of the lessons, but about half of the LR practice sets. I plan on coming back to them later. In the games, I proofed every simple game that he gave as an example and as a practice set. It took me 3 weeks to do that. I could feel myself improving so much in that time. However, I really think that having gone through the LR lessons helped me a lot on the games. If you haven't fully mastered LR, he tells you not to even try beyond the most basic games. I am taking it in August. I have 10 weeks to take full tests.

• mhf.andrewmhf.andrew Member
    207 karma

I do not think there any disadvantages to ordering your lessons so that you face your weakest first.
    I have mixed and matched a bit in terms of ordering on the CC-- currently, I have done 24 hrs. LR CC, and 2 hours LG. My LR score has not changed after 24 hrs, whereas my LG, after only doing two hours, has gone up five points.