Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice Test Frequency

AndySnowAndySnow Member
edited June 2020 in General 29 karma

I just started 7sage a few weeks ago. Should I start taking practice tests throughout the core curriculum? I understand that I won't know the best approach for most of the question types at this point and don't want to "waste" the prep tests if I'm not ready.

Any recommendations on when to start integrating them into my weekly study plan? Thank you!

Comments

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

I personally recommend completing the CC before doing any PTs, for exactly the reason you stated. If you haven't taken a diagnostic yet, that would be the exception. This gives you a really good idea of what you need to focus on and how far you are from your goal. My diagnostic was on the lower end of the score spectrum so I knew I needed to focus on core concepts and drilling all the problem sets before I started any PTs. Good look and welcome to the 7sage community!

• 410 karma

You have a fairly limited amount of prep material and it's important to keep it fresh so you attack it for the first time once you have a framework for how to deal with the questions. I would recommend staying away from PTs for now. I know it might feel weird to spend so much time on theory, but it'll help you remove the initial layer of difficulty (how, theoretically, to deal with each different type of problem you'll encounter on the test).

Once you've finished your CC and you get into PTs equipped with your new knowledge, you can see where there are still gaps, and have a better understanding of how to review too. Hope this helps!

• AndySnowAndySnow Member
    29 karma

Thank you both!!! @OldLadyK I did take a diagnostic so I have a general idea where I am naturally better, but appreciate the advice.

@"jeff.wongkachi" thank you! CC grind time!